GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

I don't understand the reserve chute

Gridl0k

I definitely bought one, just tried to use it after bailing out at the end of Extradition to deliver the briefcase, fell to my death.

Do you have to keep rebuying it? Do you not get one if you get in an aircraft?

Just tried it again and yeah died on my second jump after it worked for the first

Dat's bullsh*t.

Tali vas Normandy

really? you have to re buy each time omg lmao!!!

NOT actually buy but to require it again.

YAXQK18.gif

really? you have to re buy each time omg lmao!!!

NOT actually buy but to require it again.

:|

Alec Skorpio

To be fair, you "technically" have to re-buy your regular parachute after you use it as well.

It just so happens that you are given one whenever you enter a flying vehicle. Of course, this parachute doesn't have your chosen chute color as it is just a randomly given parachute, so it also doesn't have the reserve with it.

• Like 6

To be fair, you "technically" have to re-buy your regular parachute after you use it as well.

It just so happens that you are given one whenever you enter a flying vehicle. Of course, this parachute doesn't have your chosen chute color as it is just a randomly given parachute, so it also doesn't have the reserve with it.

Are you sure? I thought you got your chosen canopy when you get a chute from a plane.

Alec Skorpio

I haven't actually tested it, but I've noticed that I seem to get a rainbow parachute a lot after I use my regular parachute, and I've noticed that when I use my parachute then go to ammunation I have to "re buy" a parachute for around 400 dollars.

So I just assumed that was what was going on. I'll test it for sure next time I play.

I haven't actually tested it, but I've noticed that I seem to get a rainbow parachute a lot after I use my regular parachute, and I've noticed that when I use my parachute then go to ammunation I have to "re buy" a parachute for around 400 dollars.

So I just assumed that was what was going on. I'll test it for sure next time I play.

Your wrong. Your canopy is always what you picked at ammunation. If it isnt then it glitched loading the correct chute.

Your primary is seperate from a reserve. To get a reserve chute you must purchase a complete chute from ammunation after paying the 14k price tag. If you walk over a chute in a job/freeroam you will only be given a primary!

Heres where it goes full retard. If you already have a primary in your inv the ONLY way to get a reserve is to switch your reserve canopy around. After landing with a primary chute BOTH chutes will be gone! And you have to go back to ammunation.

This is THE worst thought out feature yet in my opinion. Parachutes should be similar to armor. Every chute should come with a reserve once you pay the original 14k price tag, you can hold up to 10 in ur inv, and there should be an auto show function. Everything else remains the same.

• Like 2

KornbreadMaf1a

Your wrong. Your canopy is always what you picked at ammunation. If it isnt then it glitched loading the correct chute.

Your primary is seperate from a reserve. To get a reserve chute you must purchase a complete chute from ammunation after paying the 14k price tag. If you walk over a chute in a job/freeroam you will only be given a primary!

Heres where it goes full retard. If you already have a primary in your inv the ONLY way to get a reserve is to switch your reserve canopy around. After landing with a primary chute BOTH chutes will be gone! And you have to go back to ammunation.

This is THE worst thought out feature yet in my opinion. Parachutes should be similar to armor. Every chute should come with a reserve once you pay the original 14k price tag, you can hold up to 10 in ur inv, and there should be an auto show function. Everything else remains the same.

That's the way it works now but pre this new patch I had to buy another parachute every time I used one. If I used a chute then used it again before rebuying my chosen chute it would be the default chute every time I used it until I went to ammunition and rebought the canopy I wanted.

Now with the new patch I've noticed my chosen canopy is always the default whether I have used one or not.

Alec Skorpio

Yeah I tested it and they changed it so that your default is always the chute you get. Everything else stayed the same though because you still have to rebut your parachute for 400 or so bucks after you use it, so you're basically buying the reserve chute

Can someone who doesnt have noodles for brains explain clearly how this bloody reserve chute works

Can someone who doesnt have noodles for brains explain clearly how this bloody reserve chute works

Every time you use your primary parachute and land, it also removes your reserve, whether you used it or not.

You must go purchase a primary and reserve from ammunition in order to use the reserve. You cannot buy a reserve if you have picked up a parachute already from an aircraft.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

That's the way it works now but pre this new patch I had to buy another parachute every time I used one. If I used a chute then used it again before rebuying my chosen chute it would be the default chute every time I used it until I went to ammunition and rebought the canopy I wanted.

Now with the new patch I've noticed my chosen canopy is always the default whether I have used one or not.

I think they did that last patch already.

You jump and use your parachute as usual, but an added twist: you can detatch your primary chute with Y/Triangle (this feature has been around since launch). When you do this, your reserve becomes available. It's a backup chute in case of an emergency or for the moment you want to be a financially-idiotic badass. :p

Edited by SirMichaelRocks23
  • Like 2

Here's what I don't understand. Rockstar did a great thing which made it possible for us to buy and carry multiple armor vests.

Why not just add this great feature for parachutes (including the reserve)?

Here's what I don't understand. Rockstar did a great thing which made it possible for us to buy and carry multiple armor vests.

agreed chutes should be like armor, If I want to pull ten chutes in a single jump from chiliad I should be able to

Alec Skorpio

I find it hard to find an actual use for a second chute, let alone 10.

But, I mean, why not, right? Wouldn't hurt as long as all 10 didn't disappear after I use one haha

Edited by liquidussnake119

Every time you use your primary parachute and land, it also removes your reserve, whether you used it or not.

You must go purchase a primary and reserve from ammunition in order to use the reserve. You cannot buy a reserve if you have picked up a parachute already from an aircraft.

This makes no sense whatsoever to me...so I am entirely correct this is the case and how R* implemented yet another utterly pointless feature. I have NEVER required a reserve shoot in my nearly 1000 hours of playing and never will...

• Like 2

Wow i mean that is the most monumental ball suck in all gta history wtf and 14k each time?

Wow i mean that is the most monumental ball suck in all gta history wtf and 14k each time?

Im going to be playing in a few minutes, I'll do some testing to make sure. I was slightly intoxicated while playing last night so my memory is foggy, but yeah, I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

CarnageRacing00

They just simply need to allow chutes in the inventory like armor. Just make it so you can't equip them in mid air - you get one chute and one reserve until you're on the ground again. Free chutes with reserve in airplanes, but they won't add to your inventory so they're lost after a short period of time after leaving the plane, whether it's in the sky or on the ground.

agreed chutes should be like armor, If I want to pull ten chutes in a single jump from chiliad I should be able to

How hard can it be to understand?

Can you wear multiple armor at the same time just because you have multiple armors equipped? If so, please do tell how to do it.

I find it hard to find an actual use for a second chute, let alone 10.

But, I mean, why not, right? Wouldn't hurt as long as all 10 didn't disappear after I use one haha

The point is having multiple chutes equipped, like armor, not being able to pull 10 in a jump.

Yeah, the reserve chute is a great feature - how it is implemented though, is not. I thought you got one for free if you got a parachute from a helicopter, then I fell to my death. It's really stupid you don't always get a new one and that it disappears when you use the main one. What if I want to parachute to a rooftop and then basejump off? I can't, because my character seems to burn everything that resembles a parachute the second he reaches the ground.

Alec Skorpio

The point is having multiple chutes equipped, like armor, not being able to pull 10 in a jump.

But there is never a point where you're going to be in a spot where you need to have an inventory of parachutes as you are given a free parachute every time you enter an air vehicle.

Edited by liquidussnake119

But there is never a point where you're going to be in a spot where you need to have an inventory of parachutes as you are given a free parachute every time you enter an air vehicle.

There used to be no point to that yes, until they added the reserve which you have to go back to Ammunation each time to get.