Do you think GTA:O is bad news for future GTAs?

Son of Zeus

Think about it. We all know that R* is busy adding new content to Gta:O. Things that weren't in Gta V. R* have also announced that Gta:O will continue to expand into the future, regardless of what comes after Gta V. So I think this is bad news for SP, as R* might cut content meant for SP and add it to Gta:O instead. They might focus less on SP and devote more attention to Online. Your views?

Edited by Son of Zeus
  • Like 2

You either die a SP fan or live long enough to see Online enter the series.

Lethal Vaccine

I wouldn't doubt it.

Online brings in money. They are a business. They want money.

Thus they will do anything to get more money, even if that means watering down Single Player and losing older fans of the series. This won't affect Rockstar, though, as new children are always getting their hands on these games now a days, so they will replace the old fans. Even though, the old fans who bought Rockstar products, and got them to where they are to do with the fanbase. They only want more money now, though. So they don't care anymore.

Personally, I could careless, though. I am getting older, working too many hours, and don't even have time to play anyways, even if I want to. V regardless might be my last GTA Game, but we'll see.

But as I said in numerous topics before this one, if Rockstar continues down their path with the attention focused around Online, then V certainly is my last purchase.

Edited by Militia

Mmm, not really. I mean, it does appear that some missions were cut from SP and put into O, making V's story shorter, but I suspect it's mainly the 'filler' missions, the much maligned 'drive here, shoot this'-type missions, that have been made into Online missions instead, while the more out-of-the-box, explosive and cinematic missions are kept in the singleplayer. Which is pretty damn great, if you ask me. So instead of a bloated SP, with many repetitive missions, instead we get a trim SP, that can focus on something else than hitman/errand-boy-missions, and an Online component that is more like that, but with Co-Op possibilities and all that jazz.

Also, if they do indeed add future cities into Online, that would mean that there could be Online missions spanning more than one city, for instance a mission starting in LC but ending in LS. Possibly.

Queen Elizabeth II

It is bad news for players like me, who plays SP only. Actually I loved SA:MP but never played multiplayer in IV and will not play this in V.

7vtXEBN.png

HOW'S ANNIE?

I'm really hoping that V was so heavily focused on Online for the sake of just laying the basic GTA:O groundwork and that Rockstar will give a somewhat balanced game now that they've got what they want set it place.

But part of me really doubts that's the case.

Fuzzknuckles

No, I think it's a very wise move. They will never, ever forsake SP mode for Online. There will always be a story. People that don't see this are blind to the fact that R* are very aware that they have 2 very specific audiences and a large number in each that crossover to the other mode.

I know there are some people that haven't touched the story, despite buying at release. There are people that have never touched online. There are many, many more that play both.

As mentioned elsewhere, Online works for me as an extension of SP - it's very much like older GTA games (3D era, mainly) in as much as you're a new-in-town criminal going from rags to riches. Like Claude in III, you're this silent bad-ass for hire that takes on any job without question. Most of the missions are very standard 3D era missions - drive and collect, shoot and collect, etc. Of course, these become much more complex as you progress.

You also have the option of playing more standard MP mode fare - death match, capture the bag, etc. Optional. It's incredible, I know.

So we have a weird little cluster of people complaining that V didn't offer them certain things, and yet, those things are there. They just have to go into solo session mode to use it. But because that's Online, and they pointblank refuse to play online, they're never going to see these things. Which is just stupid. They're basically complaining about a problem that doesn't exist, but they've created some bullsh*t reason that they never really explain in full to stop themselves from enjoying content that they already own.

I just don't understand that.

So, to sum up, no, GTA:O is not bad for GTA. It's very, very good, as it will bring in more players, more money for R* and ultimately, cement the possibility of a new game.

Though, why R* would want to make another GTA after seeing the reaction from graceless ingrate morons that let pride stop them enjoying a game, I just don't know.

Signatures are dumb anyway.

Unfortunately, it's about multi-player gaming now, and pretty much why they chose to introduce, not just a functional multiplayer, but a separate experience into single-player.

Now, I honestly feel GTA V as nothing more then a launching title for GTA:O than another GTA.

But, it's all too early to speak until the damage caused to single-player becomes more apparent.

There's a strong possibility, in future, they'll think twice about what features/content would make into the single-player, while delivering on improvements towards keeping ONLINE equally effective and appealing, because that may happen with increasing focus on the expectations from the players who might just buy the game based on the ONLINE as well, along side single-player, thus some of the favourite single-player features/content might slowly become exclusively ONLINE or downgraded for SP, since they have to sell the gameplay worthy enough on the overall experience and not just one mode offered by now!!

If Rockstar doesn't make the single-player too weak, casualized and overall a limited and shorter experience, but gives major consideration towards improving the SP experience, and focusing on adding better content, I'm least bothered by the piece of sh*t ONLINE!!!

Edited by Osho
  • Like 2

So we have a weird little cluster of people complaining that V didn't offer them certain things, and yet, those things are there. They just have to go into solo session mode to use it. But because that's Online, and they pointblank refuse to play online, they're never going to see these things. Which is just stupid. They're basically complaining about a problem that doesn't exist, but they've created some bullsh*t reason that they never really explain in full to stop themselves from enjoying content that they already own.

I think you may be forgetting that online modes do, depending on the platform, require the payment of an extra fee. Not to mention, it requires a passable internet connection and an actual reliable framework from Rockstar. All these are hindrances to people, preventing them from accessing content they 'already own'. I'm not sure I'd call them 'bullsh*t reasons' either, or a 'problem that doesn't exist'. True, it might all be mentioned on the box, but if content you expected to be available offline is only available online, I'd say that's a somewhat valid complaint.

• Like 4

Fuzzknuckles

I think you may be forgetting that online modes do, depending on the platform, require the payment of an extra fee. Not to mention, it requires a passable internet connection and an actual reliable framework from Rockstar. All these are hindrances to people, preventing them from accessing content they 'already own'. I'm not sure I'd call them 'bullsh*t reasons' either, or a 'problem that doesn't exist'.

Your point about the 'reliable' framework is kind of moot. Since the third week or so after it was released, it has been completely stable.

I get your point about the connection charges, fair enough. That's never been a complaint raised in the discussions I've been a part of. The reasons for not liking online have been more along the lines of "f*ck R* for making Online" or "I refuse to play it because I refuse to play it"

If people want to start presenting actual solid reasons, I'm more than happy to read them.

True, it might all be mentioned on the box, but if content you expected to be available offline is only available online, I'd say that's a somewhat valid complaint.

So your complaint is that you failed to read the box and are upset about something that was made abundantly clear?

• Like 3

The simple answer, is

no.

Let's think this through.

Rockstar knows that their loyal fans are old fans of the series who simply didn't enjoy GTA V. They've stuck around since the beginning and will continue to purchase new games in the series.

However, Rockstar also has GTA Online, where let's face it; Mostly is made up of children.

So you've got this split in playerbase; older fans and a new generation of players, specifically children, but older players play it as well.

If Rockstar focused strictly on GTAO, there would be a dent in their profits. If you think about it, most games that have online actually have more people playing single player.

It's a proven fact. Call of Duty for example. Let's say 10 million people buy the game. What is the usual player count you see in multiplayer? Usually around 300k, which is about 1/3 of the amount of profits in total (don't judge me, mental math)

That's more people buying the game solely for single player and not multiplayer.

Bottomline; Rockstar would lose a huge percentage in profits and doesn't Rockstar want to make as much money as possible? Correct. The shark cards can't sustain a game company's agendas. You've gotta make as much money as possible.

Besides, Rockstar won't abandon making an amazing storyline (excluding GTA V)

• Like 3

j4hhYw6.png

So your complaint is that you failed to read the box and are upset about something that was made abundantly clear?

Well, it's not 'my' complaint, but no, my point was precisely that the things made clear on the box aren't valid things to complain about (internet required, and so on). But the precise nature of Online/Offline: What is available online, what is available offline, are there things only available online, that I thought were going to be available offline, etc.

Like I said, it's not my complaint, I don't really have any, so I can't really give you any specifics, but I reckon complaints like that have some validity to them.

• Like 2

kevin de santa

Not really IMO GTA v is the best single player entry in the series and online is OK Best overall entry in the series IMO

I wouldn't doubt it.

Online brings in money. They are a business. They want money.

Thus they will do anything to get more money, even if that means watering down Single Player and losing older fans of the series. This won't affect Rockstar, though, as new children are always getting their hands on these games now a days, so they will replace the old fans. Even though, the old fans who bought Rockstar products, and got them to where they are to do with the fanbase. They only want more money now, though. So they don't care anymore.

Personally, I could careless, though. I am getting older, working too many hours, and don't even have time to play anyways, even if I want to. V regardless might be my last GTA Game, but we'll see.

But as I said in numerous topics before this one, if Rockstar continues down their path with the attention focused around Online, then V certainly is my last purchase.

Milita put it the way I thought, and in great perspective.

• Like 2

Fuzzknuckles

They make WAYYYY to much money from SP to abandon it.

Correct. They didn't make the 1 bill+ on Shark Cards, that's for sure.

Yap. I am sick of that game and I hope it will be removed in time, but it won't, sadly. Why? Because it was supossed to be a separate game. Now it has more features than V!

#gtavforever, #screwgtaonline

Edited by darthvader20011
  • Like 2

Yes! it is very f*cking bad news. i hate it and i hate how it brings in all those "$waggy teen boys".

Remember how it used to be singleplayer? I bet 70% of 2013's new "GTA Players"(sarcasm) only play GTA V, multiplayer only.

all GTAs were focused on singleplayer before the big V of stinking vagina. Now it's focused on pure sh*t and promised singleplayer additions(flight school) went down the sh*tter for online. So yeah. There's chance i hate online more than Advance now.

If GTA VI is going to be more online and EVEN LESS missions(Singleplayer!) I'll stop playing GTA for good. I don't want GTA to turn into a sh*tful of online when it had a chance to be good.

Sometimes i wonder if GTA V singleplayer was just an introduction for characters that are coming in online. GTA IV had alot more missions, about 30 or 40 more than V, which is almost the amount of missions that both packs in EFLC had and i doubt they tried to do online stuff properly.

Edited by RandomStunt
  • Like 2

In my opinion they'll not focus more on anything, single player is a big part in GTA, and without it, or with less of it I doubt GTA would continue to get many sales etc. I agree they may begin to look more into features for online however they'll always make SP up to standard.

Yes! it is very f*cking bad news. i hate it and i hate how it brings in all those "$waggy teen boys".

Remember how it used to be singleplayer? I bet 70% of 2013's new "GTA Players"(sarcasm) only play GTA V, multiplayer only.

[...]

GTA IV had alot more missions, about 30 or 40 more than V, which is almost the amount of missions that both packs in EFLC had and i doubt they tried to do online stuff properly.

I'm willing to take that bet.

And yeah, IV had more missions, but it also had more boring missions. It takes like four missions before you even get a pistol.

i honestly think people overact to the online is killing gta stuff granted i didn't like it until the recent update (i finally got enough money for a f*cking apartment) the stuff only in gta online really isn't that interesting like arm wrestling and gang attacks aren't that great either (i would like mission creator and apartments though) would i prefer online like gta 4 or rdr yes but its still a great add-on that i think people bash to much.

Payne Killer

Yes, online should never be the focus in games. im sure when you buy a game you dont want it to be online focused and a small single player game now do you.

@RandomStunt everything you said is right. we dont need swag fags playing gta. gta 4 had a great SP and a decent but great multiplayer without the swagfags.

QELXDiM.jpg

TheFunkyBunch

The online is sh*t i must admit just Tried playing Online for the first time In Months got Bored after 5 Minutes im not a big Multiplayer person it was quite Fun Racing In IV Though.

• Like 1

I can see Rockstar making co-op missions and free roam like what GTA IV and RDR had. IMO that would be better than GTA Online as it is. Keeps it simple but fun, as it should be, and doesn't detract from SP.

I still miss Cops N Crooks, and Hangman's Noose. These modes were my favorite in GTA IV.

• Like 2

Lol no. Rockstar pride themselves on quality and delivering a finished product. The reason why there is such a huge push for online right now is because the SP was so extremely polished, and was wrapped up in a neat package. Online was not. It's very much so unpolished, buggy, very generic, repeated missions, etc. And doesn't live up to the same quality of single player. I can imagine they'd want to push it to the best that it can be, just like they did with single player, so they can give it a rockstar stamp of approval. If they are shown to focus on SP content, the community would be in an uproar saying 'they're just gonna leave online in a broken mess', then online will surely die. Whether people like it or not, the games longevity is in online.

People seem to be confusing gta v's zaney and more over the top direction with rockstar 'not caring'. They tried something new. Whether it was a fail or not is irrelevant, because with the direction they took, they gave it as much love and work as possible. Now online (the clear after thought) deserves the same treatment, and to be brought up to at least half to scratch

• Like 2

f*ck no! I don't think Rockstar will abandon SP for the sake of multiplayer. Online has a lot of quirks but the reality is Online is basically a great way to have a GTA experience with others. It's certainly something that will improve in the future especially a second rendition or expansion into another game, but SP will always exist. They will always go for making a fun experience for all but a lot of people also play it for the story and I doubt Rockstar wouldn't hire a lot of actors, talented writers, and not develop a deep, complicated and boundary pushing story mode. What online will lack with its simplicity is made up with the single player and its story as well as varied missions, and that's how it always should be.

Edited by iainspad

^ Again, that's not what the majority thinks.

You either die a SP fan or live long enough to see Online enter the series.

@RandomStunt everything you said is right. we dont need swag fags playing gta. gta 4 had a great SP and a decent but great multiplayer without the swagfags.

yeah man, because i once found a swagfag which said something like "super Leet leaked dlc" and yes he said leet out loud. That's just.. I dunno.. Stupid, Dumb?

i bet these could stay in their COD cage and not play GTA V only for online.

Financially, budget wise? Nope.

Quality wise? If they continue the same path they did with V, it's bad news. Maybe with so much money they made and continue to make with Shark Cards, GTA VI might turn out to be better than IV and SA combined, if they do it right.

But seriously, they should make multiplayer mode partially available Offline, since you can solo missions and so you can have your own character. They also need to get rid of the Online exclusive features and such. If you could play Free Mode by yourself in IV with all those health/armor/weapon pickups and adjustable police,traffic,pedestrian,weather settings, why weren't such features included as Singleplayer cheats or the game mode available offline? Especially when on IV your multiplayer files were on the console itself.

• Like 1

Ibrahimovic10

No, they probably have enough staff to add features in both online and SP. And next generation provides a lot more capacity to expand the two.

Its a win/win for R*. They earn money and keep players seduced to play GTA:O while SP keeps atractive enough, at least till the end of the storyline.