GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Update 1.16... Full of Bugs it Seems

HEISENBERG6749

HEISENBERG6749

Hello... this is my first post on these forums and my intent is not to bash the 1.16 update, but to see if any of you have encountered any of the same things that have been happening to me the past few days. I don't ever recall seeing so many bugs in an update like this before, however I am confident that these issues will be fixed with the next update...whenever that may be.

I've been playing a lot the past week or two (online, PS3) and I hadn't noticed any of the issues that I've seen since 1.16 was released. Today I entered my garage at the Integrity Way apartments and I try to get into one of my cars. My character climbs into the car from one side, and exits from the same side that he entered, without me pressing any buttons. Okay, so I try the other side of the car with the same result. I go on to try 3 more cars and get the exact same thing. I think what happened was I tried to accept a job invite as I was getting into a car but I am not sure if that is the cause. I exit the garage and then re-enter. I try to get into my car again and this time it works. I drive out of the garage and it shows the video of my car driving out and there is a long delay. I don't really know how to describe it but it wasn't a normal transition...almost a 5 second delay where it shows my car driving out of the garage and then stopping before I am able to take control after the long delay.

The next "bug" I encountered today was when I was on a mission where another player and myself had to steal 2 cars, take them to the port and then hop on motorcycles and steal 2 more cars. I went for one of the cars and when I drove it away (nearly undamaged) it was extremely sluggish and would not accelerate worth a sh*t. I checked my controller and it wasn't the culprit. I was able to run and shoot just fine and do anything else...just the vehicle controls were not acting properly. The vehicle was at a slow cruising pace no matter how long I held down the button to accelerate. I got the car to the port with about 2 mins left and hopped onto a motorcycle and had the same exact thing happen. We failed the mission and then ended up starting the mission where you steal a van from The Lost for Trevor. My personal vehicle and the van during the mission would not speed up like normal. I completed the mission, quit the game, and then restarted the game and that fixed the issue.

I played some more missions online with others before getting bored and I opted to go into Freemode. I spawned near a Gang Attack location #15 as seen here: http://gtaforums.com/topic/682531-gang-attacks-locations-and-info/

I completed the Gang Attack and after getting all of the money and ammo I could collect I shot a few people and got a wanted level. I evaded the cops and got into my personal vehicle and headed to LSC. I then stole another car, called my Mechanic and drove away from my Personal Vehicle so I could call up another one. I got into the one I wanted and then an NPC hit me so I killed them and several others. Then I get a star...but no cops. Not a single police cruiser spawned. I tested this out further and headed to LSC in the hills area and started shooting tons of people. One star at first....no cops at all. Two stars....still no police cruisers. Then three stars and about 10 seconds in I see the police helicopter. So I start evading and I see two other blips that are red and blue. I go to check them out and they are the SUV roadblock cops, but still no police cruisers. The helicopter takes off and the roadblock cops spot me but I drive away and they just sit there and shoot but do not pursue. No cruisers ever chased me. It was really weird and I'm not sure the cause of it.

So have any of you had these things or similar happen to you yet? I was on a little bit yesterday and didn't see these things happen and was pretty happy (though not extremely impressed) with the patch. After today though it makes me wonder what kind of stuff I might encounter the next time I play.

Not A Nice Person

sh*t update with sh*t bugs and sh*t snapmatic shortcut,

Should be called sh*t Andreas sh*t school.

Pg7Txhi.gif

I lol 'd

definitely the worst update. So bland.

Welcome to the forums.

I do agree that this update is full of bugs - but I haven't encountered many, only a few throughout my playthrough since the update was released.

UFO's still spawn and as far to my knowledge; god mode hasn't been patched.

Another thing I noticed is that the "auto show helmet" feature doesn't save when you restart your console, thus making you have to re-enable this feature every time you start up the game.

It's nice that Rockstar's giving us something, don't get me wrong; there's just still some things I'd like to be addressed, corrected, and dealt with promptly.

j4hhYw6.png

Yea. For me every time I switch the radio station it won't tune into the station, the mini map goes into low res, can't use my phone, pause screen won't stop loading, and can't join any jobs.

Basically online is completely useless for me if I want to change the radio station. Wtf?

I lol 'd

NOTHING will ever beat Beach Bum Update as the worst update.

HEISENBERG6749

Two more things I just remembered...First I had the "Auto Show Armor" turned to ON and it worked properly, but since yesterday I had turned it off and my armor still shows over my clothing, even when my body armor bar is empty...is this normal?

Second, it was stated in the 1.16 patch notes that they had "fixed the issue with constantly spawning armored vehicles". I'm not sure exactly what that means, but I know I used to see them very frequently, to the point that I would be able to guess when they were going to show up, especially when hanging out in LSC in the hills or coming back from dropping a car off to SImeon. I haven't seen a SINGLE armored vehicle since this patch was released. I'm not complaining because the mission payouts are much better now, but I would still like to see an armored car every 2-4 days in game.

Yea. For me every time I switch the radio station it won't tune into the station, the mini map goes into low res, can't use my phone, pause screen won't stop loading, and can't join any jobs.

Basically online is completely useless for me if I want to change the radio station. Wtf?

You just reminded me of another thing I saw. I was a passenger in a player controlled car and I was switching the station. I was using the left D-pad button and it changed from station 1 to 2, pressed again and it went back to 1, pressed again went to 2, pressed again and again went to 3, 4, etc.

I lol 'd

it's debatable. Not counting the fact that the flight update came out after the beach bum update. So any game changes or fixes are irrelevant to the content of each update.

Edited by xLuCx

I lol 'd

.... I love the bifta so no, I don't think it was the worst. Each to their own though I guess.

Bill_Assassin

I lol 'd

The Bikinis were worth it. As was the Bifta.

1.16 is infested with bugs! If you're squeamish, don't click the spoiler.

slideshow_1229088_sns082709bedbug5.JPG

God damn it, there's a cockroach lurking around somewhere. Intelligent bastard is mocking me by hiding and when I do spot him. I go get the spray since he was in a tight area and suddenly he's gone.

• Like 2

Dammit Judicious! I actually had a bed bug infestation this summer.

Cleared it up real good, though.

HEISENBERG6749

Are you confusing bed bugs with genital warts again?

Are you confusing bed bugs with genital warts again?

No, but I believe the bugs in Online are causing some people to get a rash...

This is really starting to get off topic...

I have ran into a few new bugs. The car acceleration bug was one of them. One of my friends could walk under water after losing connection to our mission as well.

There are a few mission now that automatically kick you and tell you that the "mission data is corrupted and needs to be remade".

I have a feeling the game being swamped with user created dung has something to do with these bugs.

mysteriousamg

Glad i sold this game and my ps3 last week. Ima just wait till the ps4 version drops.

And the best part of all of this is, the thing I would class as the Biggest "Bug" is the deliberately added double click Snapmatic feature...

I find it hard to defend anything in this Update less (and only from the perspective of a Higher ranked, sufficiently wealthy player) the re-balancing of Contact Missions. Even then they have reduced the ability to earn GTA$/hour for those who are inclined to grind or play Solo due to random's trolling or failing missions frequently; which should be something completely up to them as everyone can Host their own Missions.

The bug where you encountered where the cars can't accelerate is the the rare second gear bug. I think it's been in the game since launch. Rarely, you'd sometimes be locked on second

gear until you restarted the game or it somehow fixes in a new session.

But this update though... there's some good stuff in it but the double tap camera ruins it for me. I love the new payouts though. sh*tty missions aren't as sh*tty anymore and actually... Fun

FilthyEsquire

You guys are complaining about small fries. This update literally blew up the laser on my Slim PS3, and as I've mentioned in other threads "Ain't even mad."

You can bet by this Friday I'll either have a new PS3, or I'll replace the eye. If that one explodes, I'm going to do it again. Loyal Rockstar fanman here.

"It's just a game" LMFAO!!

Glad i sold this game and my ps3 last week. Ima just wait till the ps4 version drops.

As a Playstation 3/4 owner. I'm glad you sold the game. It sucks, and the PS4 version isn't gunna be any better. I hear it's gunna run much better on the Xbox one, and it won't destroy the laser in the Xbox one...

I might sell my console and game too...

yeah the f*ck right... And play what other game? Is there another game? Show me!

Only bug I encountered was the best one I ever encountered. I blew up two Zentornos, I didn't have to pay a dime. Funny because neither had a bounty, and I stickied both.

What ruins this is every time I fix my cars it automatically puts on my damn crew emblem. So now I have to fix and remove the crew emblem.

Midnight Vibes

You guys are complaining about small fries. This update literally blew up the laser on my Slim PS3, and as I've mentioned in other threads "Ain't even mad."

You can bet by this Friday I'll either have a new PS3, or I'll replace the eye. If that one explodes, I'm going to do it again. Loyal Rockstar fanman here.

As a Playstation 3/4 owner. I'm glad you sold the game. It sucks, and the PS4 version isn't gunna be any better. I hear it's gunna run much better on the Xbox one, and it won't destroy the laser in the Xbox one...

yeah the f*ck right... And play what other game? Is there another game? Show me!

You must be real dedicated if you're willing to let them s*** on you like that and you come back for more. :lol:

Most annoying bug? All my personal plates in my second garage are gone. The Snapmatic double-tap "feature" is dumb too; not once did I ever find myself going "Gee, I really wish I had a faster way to pull up Snapmatic instead of four button pushes." Also, parachute bags don't stick and neither does the secondary chute. If you're going to give me something Rockstar, please make sure it works first.

SecretDonkey14

Only bug I encountered was the best one I ever encountered. I blew up two Zentornos, I didn't have to pay a dime. Funny because neither had a bounty, and I stickied both.

What ruins this is every time I fix my cars it automatically puts on my damn crew emblem. So now I have to fix and remove the crew emblem.

I found the same thing but with the new coquette at first then all PVs. I blew a couple up fighting with crew mates and got no charge or bad sport warning, but when they blow them up they get charged. Needless to say not many of their cars made it...just hope R* don't suddenly hit me with the accumulated BS points all at once as I haven't been to BS for a long time and my next visit will be a long one.

The bug where you encountered where the cars can't accelerate is the the rare second gear bug. I think it's been in the game since launch. Rarely, you'd sometimes be locked on second

gear until you restarted the game or it somehow fixes in a new session.

But this update though... there's some good stuff in it but the double tap camera ruins it for me. I love the new payouts though. sh*tty missions aren't as sh*tty anymore and actually... Fun

Agreed partly. Most of the previously lower paid Missions were not bad, just not worth playing with over a dozen higher paying Missions available. Really R* should have made the payouts predominantly time based to begin with!

I actually got the "rare" second gear bug for the first time last week and I have just under 1000 hours play time so this is nothing for anyone to really worry about.

Yesterday I wanted to play some parachute missions, I did one, then with the second, my screen got stuck in a loading screen

Edited by maddy26

Like it's going to be any better other than cosmetic improvement. :lol:

Inb4 ps4 version buyer's remorse

mysteriousamg

im going to the army so this game is not relevant anymore. I kinda miss it but its been too buggy since 1.06.