2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Changing my mind...

JohndamnTravolta

JohndamnTravolta

At first I really didn't like this update, but recently, now that I fly around in the Besra messing with Lazer pilots, I'm really enjoying it. Also the combination of the flight suit and aviators = :cool:

Now that the update has had a day to sink in, has anyone changed their mind about it?

• Like 2

JohndamnTravolta

Nope....payout system is confusing

Yeah I can understand that, It hasn't bothered me as I haven't needed to make money since the hooker glitch.

i seen one of you besra bastards yesterday. lol i almost got em.. he had to make a crash landing by eclipse towers

I can help with that:

All missions now pay out depending on how many people do it, how hard it is and how long it took to complete it. In one blow, R* has ended repetitive mission grinding.

Yesterday, I spent maybe an hour just taking whatever old jobs came up in the voting screen - Crank up the Volume, Deal Breaker, Meth'd Up, Flood in the LS River - the lowbie missions you'd never bother with before. On Hard and Solo every mission paid out about $15-20K.

The main rule is "Don't Rush". The longer a mission takes, the more it pays out (I assume there's an upper limit, otherwise people will rig it), so there is no longer any need to put 5 RPGs into the bad guys in the opening moments of the fight (of course, anyone using an RPG as an anti-personnel weapon is using it wrong). Those old missions have been revamped to get rid of all the 'fast & dirty' methods of completing them anyway, so not only are you rewarded for taking your time, the missions themselves become easier if you do so.

Don't listen to anyone who says otherwise - this payout change is the single greatest thing R* has done for Online yet. I may never have to play Rooftop Rumble again, and that alone is worth forgiving them for this "We Don't Have Heists Yet" Flight School DLC.

• Like 9

Killzone3265

Can you take the flight suit helmet off

mhm just use the quick menu to put "no helmet"

• Like 1

LightningLord

Yes.

Edit: NOOOOOOO I GOT NINJA'D AGAIN.

Edited by LightningLord411
  • Like 5

IcOqQpq.gif

CheaterMcCheat

Great, I didn't buy it because I thought the helmet was permanently on, thank you!

• Like 1

I've liked this update since the beginning. Before this update, I had 200k. By today I had enough to buy the Besra, and I'm very satisfied with it.

I couldn't stand missions paying anything from 2k to 18k with the same amount of time. With the payout change, I'm actually motivated to play everything and just have fun in general.

Cause f*ck grinding the same mission(s) over and over.

• Like 2

Black Terminator

I actually like this money change and the duration time to get the most out of it.

People seem to get better at managing money,I've only seen one Besra in about 10 lobbies.

But about 6 Lazers in 2 lobbies :/

Flight suit + aviators. That alone makes this update worth it, frankly... :cool:

But I honestly like it as much for what it represents - not just more (admittedly neat) cars and clothes and the like, but a brand-new game mode, complete with VO work, and finally, 'professional' outfits.

If this update gives us flight suits, imagine the sort of thing we could get in future: NOOSE gear, LSPD uniforms, racing leathers, etc. A good precedent's been set with this, IMO.

• Like 2

CarimboHanky

People seem to get better at managing money,I've only seen one Besra in about 10 lobbies.

its not about money management, people still prefer the lazer because of the guns...

have the besra had guns, you would see a minimum of 10 per lobby!

I really love the Swift. Wish there was more opportunities to use it outside of Free mode.

Edited by Cripto136

zdj9bqf.png

NV75rfv.png

its not about money management, people still prefer the lazer because of the guns...

have the besra had guns, you would see a minimum of 10 per lobby!

Guns like the Buzzards on it would be great,though.

Lazer hunting.

Either way,Lazers still don't have to pay Insurance or get BS points.Tried it out myself a few hours ago..

I'm not satisfied with really any of the content additions and there's still a lot of bugs (fix one thing and apparently several more will break), but I'm more a fan of the jobs added - and that's about it. Flight School is a decent addition in terms of substance.

Yea I changed my mind about it also. At first I was kinda dissapointred about the mission payouts due to the fact you can't really grind. But now I just take my time on missions that I do solo & try to collect ammo & whatever the enemies drop. Gets paid slightly better.

HEISENBERG6749

I haven't really changed my mind on it. The update is what it is. I didn't expect too much and the changes that were made seem to be mainly positive for me. The adjustment of the mission payouts is a great thing and it seems that it is much easier now than ever to find someone to play a mission with since there are additional incentives for working together. I haven't even tried out flight school, nor have I purchased any of the aircraft nor cars, let alone looked at them. I'm still in the process of saving up money (only 1.6 million with a decent apartment and a 10 car garage that I used to store Ballers to sell before this update). I have, however, recently encountered numerous bugs that I haven't seen before in other updates and it makes me feel that this update was "rushed" even though it was 2 months between updates. I'm sure these issues will be fixed and overall I am pleased with this update and the changes and new content it has brought to the GTA world.

It's deliberately supposed to be confusing. It's a fundamental principle of F2P game design, one they have so far f*cked up until this point, which was ruining aspects of the game, specifically the missions. RR,RR,RR,RR,RR to infinity.

If everybody specifically knows what the best time/reward thing to do is, that's all that people do. By fuzzing it and making lots of the missions reward scale closer together, far more variety is achieved. It's better for the game.

and the bald/shaven head glitch is back yet again..... :facedesk:

SUPERHEAVYDOODY

The only good thing in this game are the BF Surfer crews. It's all just fluff if you ask this wall breaching, dollar gitching scumbag

Haven't changed my mind on the update, but I don't despise Rockstar for it, as it's free content, so nothing to get upset about.

Also, training jet. Individual tastes an' all, but as someone who grew up with things like the Red Arrows as a major fixture of their childhood, having a nimble little pocket-rocket to jet around in is something just all kinds of awesome. Tempted to break my 'different Pegasus vehicles for each character' rule and get one for both characters, just because it's that cool.

SUPERHEAVYDOODY

The only good thing in this game are the BF Surfer crews. It's all just fluff if you ask this wall breaching, dollar gitching scumbag

Haha dbl posted for truth.

I love this update because I now actually have incentive for doing jobs.

I've never had so much fun making money.

The planes are pretty cool. Even though not that much content came out, it's still a good update that fixed much of online.

I like the update, I don't love it though.

But for grinding, can't you just do the "Follow the Leader" pilot school mission over and over again? Takes like 2:30 and pays 37.5k

The Vestra has been able to dodge lazers and nobody ever flys that thing.

The Bestra will suffer the same fate in a week.

I was down about the 1.16 because I don't like the limited apparel.

But I thought I wouldn't buy a Classic Coquette----until I test drove it in SP and it grew on me. It was fun driving that thing around, I'm considering selling my Cheetah to make room. I'll test drive it some more tonight but it's pretty much a done deal at this point.

The flight school is challenging and it's something different to do. I tried to get in some Deathmatches and after being sent to four consecutive unarmed melee maps, I said F it, I'm gonna go to flight school and try to finish it. Haven't got past the formation challenge. lol.

I like the update, I don't love it though.

But for grinding, can't you just do the "Follow the Leader" pilot school mission over and over again? Takes like 2:30 and pays 37.5k

Pretty sure it only pays that much for the first time.