Best ways to make money after patch 1.16?

RavingWithJesus

RavingWithJesus

I was poor as f*ck when this update came out and does anybody know a good way to make a lot of money without having to take a lot of time in missions and stuff? and no I'm not buying a shark card lol

Play missions, race, rob armored cars and steal/sell cars. That's how you're supposed to make money. You have to work for it unless you like to cheat...and cheaters SUCK!!! That's why every other person has a tank and a chrome Adder.

RavingWithJesus

Play missions, race, rob armored cars and steal/sell cars. That's how you're supposed to make money. You have to work for it unless you like to cheat...and cheaters SUCK!!! That's why every other person has a tank and a chrome Adder.

well yeah but I meant specific missions and methods and stuff though

Take your pick. Personally, I race a lot. Because I enjoy it and the payout isn't cut in half buying ammo that you used. I do other missions strictly for fun. Doesn't really matter what it is. Now, I only have $3 million and 2 full garages of fully upgraded cars so my methods may not work for everyone. You won't make a million in a few hours like people seem to want but you will make money.

I think the whole point of them nerfing Roof Top Rumble was to make sure that a lot more missions were equal best. That way you might as well play a variety rather than the same one all the time.

I reckon the best for Martin will now be Extradition, Judging the Jury and the Los Santos connection. They already paid well, but now it appears if it takes longer you get more money to compensate as well.

I'd expect the Lester cargo bob missions will also give a good haul.

Prior to the update you could do RR (yeah, get over it) in 4-5 minutes and get paid $18,750. After the update? If you do ANY mission (mainly the higher paying ones, like 15k and up) at a normal pace you will get no more than $13k. My crew and I have tried all of the high paying missions and we all got lower payouts than they were prior to the update.

Take survivals for instance. Why are they inefficient? Because they use lots of ammo, but most importantly they pay only $30k when the entire mission lasts close to 15-20 minutes. Missions are now the same way. You're getting payed more, but only if you take WAY longer to complete the mission compared to if you were grinding. I can do two missions and get payed $13k in the time you do one and get payed $20k. The problem? Prior to the update I would've made over $36k, yet here I am only making $26k.

Moral of the story? It takes you 10 minutes to get a $20k payout when prior to the update you could do two $18k missions in that time. They're punishing the good players by lowering the payouts. "But you can do more missions in less time!" That's true, but we're also getting $5k less than before the update.

My question? Why does everyone think missions are more efficient than before? Because they ARE NOT.

RavingWithJesus

yeah that's the main reason why I'm asking...the fact that time determines how much you get paid is pretty f*cking stupid. As sh*tty as RR was at least it was short and payed well.

Edited by ajdude1

Because if you continue playing after the mission you joined by using the vote screen, you may not get a high paying mission listed. At least now you can choose other jobs and make decent reward, for all missions. Not just a handful. I am thankful for this. It's more about the fun factor of variety. If I never see rooftop rumble, coveted, or potshots again, it won't bother me.

• Like 2

RavingWithJesus

I just played the mission "Romance isn't Dead" with a few other people, and gets you around 14k and it takes 4-5 mins tops...

rockstar certainly havent made this easy to gain money, i play missions and survivals, i steal cars, i even collect dropped money during missions, i dont rob armoured trucks because i fail at doing that, and im sh*te at races, im seriously considering giving in to rockstar and buying a card... its only money!

Edited by AndyC-M

Prior to the update you could do RR (yeah, get over it) in 4-5 minutes and get paid $18,750. After the update? If you do ANY mission (mainly the higher paying ones, like 15k and up) at a normal pace you will get no more than $13k.

Just did Rooftop Rumble on a quick join at 'a normal pace' and got 14k, stop being wrong or stop posting kthx

RavingWithJesus

rockstar certainly havent made this easy to gain money, i play missions and survivals, i steal cars, i even collect dropped money during missions, i dont rob armoured trucks because i fail at doing that, and im sh*te at races, im seriously considering giving in to rockstar and buying a card... its only money!

don't do it. I hope that was sarcasm...

Edited by ajdude1

Captain Revenge

Landing Gear paid out very well, $27,000 but that is landing all 3 planes using 4 players, 3 plane pilots and a Buzzard to take out the attacking Buzzards trying too shoot u down.

Titan of a Job, solo. $17,500 and 3400 RP

Crystal Clear Out 3, 5 minutes in the Buzzard before gave out 2000 RP and $10,200, fly too Ft Zancudo, no one will stop u from taking a Laser Jet and do the mission in it, it takes longer (which is now the key to max RP and cash) but u get, or i get $18,360 and 3400 RP

No more grinding RR or TT in a fast efficient manner.

I will experiment with time and the mission Trash Talk, too see what happens when i spend 10 minutes harassing the general public between the time i take out the 4 trucks to the final phase of the mission, as long as u r not idle for 15 minutes, it should yield a higher profit,

My favorite long mission is missing from my jobs list, Los Santos Connection

And Y the F is my spell check adding a "U" to words like color making it colour, or harbor making it harbour?

• Like 1

RavingWithJesus

Landing Gear paid out very well, $27,000 but that is landing all 3 planes using 4 players, 3 plane pilots and a Buzzard to take out the attacking Buzzards trying too shoot u down.

Crystal Clear Out 3, 5 minutes in the Buzzard before gave out 2000 RP and $10,200, fly too Ft Zancudo, no one will stop u from taking a Laser Jet and do the mission in it, it takes longer (which is now the key to max RP and cash) but u get, or i get $18,360 and 3400 RP

I will experiment with time and the mission Trash Talk, too see what happens when i spend 10 minutes harassing the general public between the time i take out the 4 trucks to the final phase of the mission, as long as u r not idle for 15 minutes, it should yield a higher profit,

And Y the F is my spell check adding a "U" to words like color making it colour, or harbor making it harbour?

good to know, and don't bother with Trash Talk it pays about what RR pays now even with 4 people.

Edited by ajdude1

RavingWithJesus

I like to race alot its fun and gets paid well.

more than it used to?

Roman Desimone

I make money by stealing gang cars and selling them depending on which car you steal you can usually get around 8,000 to around 13,000 as for the missions I play chopper tail defender that lester cargobob mission some rr and hack and dash which is my favorite because you can just hack the garage grab the cars and then chill in the sewers until the cops are gone

RavingWithJesus

I make money by stealing gang cars and selling them depending on which car you steal you can usually get around 8,000 to around 13,000 as for the missions I play chopper tail defender that lester cargobob mission some rr and hack and dash which is my favorite because you can just hack the garage grab the cars and then chill in the sewers until the cops are gone

I never see any gang cars online...do they look different than in story mode?

• Like 1

RavingWithJesus

good to know, and don't bother with Trash Talk it pays about what RR pays now even with 4 people.

never mind I just played Trash Talk again with a few other people and we beat it pretty quickly and we made 25k, not sure why it payed like sh*t the first time

Edited by ajdude1

Roman Desimone

Yeah they're the green,purple, and yellow colors it just depends on which time you visit the area and which car you're driving personally I drive the elegy and I always get some form of gang car to show up especially on forum drive and grove street as for the time try going to forum drive or grove street around 22:00 and 4:00 and it should work now for the cars you can encounter there's the buccaneer, tornado, and peyote if you can help it try to go for the peyote or tornado because they sell for the most

Edited by Roman Desimone

Maybe you somehow got some sort of British English spell check on. It sucks how R* said we are gonna make missions pay better and balance them out. Instead they nerfed making money even more

spaceace2012

Sadly, if you value your time to effort ratio, getting a ten buck shark card actually SAVES you money. In reality it's about only 20 minutes of your time if you have a job and work... Or alternatively, hours of flogging it in-game to get the same return. A ten buck shark card is less than a pint of beer where I come from and get's you $500,000 instant cash. Sucks really.

Sadly, if you value your time to effort ratio, getting a ten buck shark card actually SAVES you money. In reality it's about only 20 minutes of your time if you have a job and work... Or alternatively, hours of flogging it in-game to get the same return. A ten buck shark card is less than a pint of beer where I come from and get's you $500,000 instant cash. Sucks really.

R* crooks

RavingWithJesus

Hell I'd go with the beer over a shark card any time. Where the hell is a pint of beer is more than 10 dollars though that's insane

Edited by ajdude1

I WOULD PLAY IF PEOPLE WOULD JOIN MY MISSION INVITES... I cannot bite my tongue an longer. I'm poor because People don't play missions with me and I suck at playing gta so I fail all the missions unless I have help. Even my KDR is low, like 500 deaths per kill, not that I care, I'm just using that as an example of how bad I play. Maybe that's why no one joins, wow I just solved my own question.but srsly, not even my friends, only like once in a blue moon, and the one that joins sucks too, worse than me. He uses up the lives before I can even join the action.

Phantomspirit

I've been doing missions solo on hard,and getting very good payouts,yesterday WetWork paid me 21300k,Coasting pays well,as does Hard Labor etc etc just play on hard ,mostly everything pays a lot more,earned500,000 since update doing a variety of missions...