2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Why does Arm Wrestling & Tennis have a lobby of its own

Trishan99

It'd be awesome if you could see other people arm wrestle in Real time.Same goes for Tennis.

What I mean of this, is that it shouldn't leave freemode. It should stay in free mode leaving other people to see what you're up to.

Obviously, it'd be a huge troll if you were able to kill them during that time, so I'd recommend R* making it so we can't be shot at and whatnot.

Inb4 conzol limitatiunz.

LightningLord

It'd be awesome if you could see other people arm wrestle in Real time.Same goes for Tennis.

What I mean of this, is that it shouldn't leave freemode. It should stay in free mode leaving other people to see what you're up to.

Obviously, it'd be a huge troll if you were able to kill them during that time, so I'd recommend R* making it so we can't be shot at and whatnot.

Inb4 conzol limitatiunz.

Yeah. They should make it like the Del Perro Pier rides. Just put them in passive mode.

IcOqQpq.gif

Yes, it would make online feel way better.

Imagine youre riding along the beach with your bmx and then you pass 2 players playing tennis.

Simply giving them no collision and godmode was too much for R*, nope, need to have those two get into their own small server to play 1 round of tennis followed by both being put into different public freeroam lobbies.

Hopefully next gen. Not likely though. To be honest I think it would be better if everything was like this. You could be driving around and suddenly run into a a group of players racing or doing a mission.

• Like 2

I can't even find anyone to play tennis, darts or arm wrestle

The complete 5 sets of Tennis took me about 30 minutes playing against myself.

I had 2 consoles.

One character scored all the points. With some mistakes. But it took about 30 minutes for one to score all 36 points

Granted in real tennis the game would of been over by the 3rd set. But being GTA you need to play all 5.

So time would be an issue. Arm wresting is possible. Darts man just flat out sucks.

Not to mention the Shooting Range.

Edited by drinkduff

bad idea, only 16 players in a lobby so you basically can't lose any1 to sh*t like this without the place becoming deserted.

don't really see what having a bunch of un-interactive players playing a tennis much would add anyway

you can't interact with them, what are you going to do sit there and watch an entire tennis match?

to me it just seems like a useless addition taking up valuable free mode slots.

as for the races and missions, think it trough.

you'd never be able to finish a race or mission with all the griefing going on.

maybe if there were way more players and a completely different structure to everything.

but we'd basically be talking about a whole different game than.

Edited by Zwenkwiel

bad idea, only 16 players in a lobby so you basically can't lose any1 to sh*t like this without the place becoming deserted.

don't really see what having a bunch of un-interactive players playing a tennis much would add anyway

you can't interact with them, what are you going to do sit there and watch an entire tennis match?

maybe if there were way more players and a completely different structure to everything.

People on missions or races would be untouchable.

I could see it possible for armwrestling as it is only a few seconds and takes longer to load up the damn lobby...but no way on tennis...it is already laggy as hell and takes way too long. Darts...mayyybe. If both darts and armwrestling were moved to your apartment and it could be done with passive spectators in the apartment that would be better.

Would be neat to see npc's using the various sport venues.

Edited by LuapYllier

People on missions or races would be untouchable.

than what's the point?

cluttering my screen with a bunch of ghosts?

and what about traffic?

I could just cause a pile-up in the middle of the track since no-contact players do hit traffic

I don't see what it would add other than confusion and wasted server slots

Edited by Zwenkwiel

Well I'm speaking more theoretically if console limitations weren't an issue. Say you have 40 people in a session, if you have 10-15 of them doing jobs it wouldn't be very disturbing.

Kinda like an MMORP where you walk around the world and there's a guy chopping down a tree, another guy fighting some monster, etc. I think it would be cool if GTA was sort of like that.

Edited by CenMan

Well I'm speaking more theoretically if console limitations weren't an issue. Say you have 40 people in a session, if you have 10-15 of them doing jobs it wouldn't be very disturbing.

I dno man, I'm doing a race and suddenly a bunch of ghost cars intersect with the race knocking over street lights and shoving traffic around.

I can just see the potential for a lot of confusion and griefing.

I kind of get what you're saying, it would be cool to have everything going on live in one big city, but the amount of changes that would be needed would pretty much make it a different game entirely.

don't think no-contact for people in missions/races is going to cut it.

dno how it would look precisely but I can imagine PvP playing a bigger part in missions if everything were to go down in one city

heck perhaps you could even replace NPC's with players and make missions just really big PVP events within free mode or something

could even take the MMO-ish aspect one step further and make the whole "mission" thing persistent across a single server

but that would require a whole lot of dedicated servers and re-coding of the game

so much that it would be an entirely different game

maybe when the PC version comes out and modders are let loose with this new engine and assets something like this will be created

( I know SAMP had 100's of players in a single server)

Edited by Zwenkwiel

HankyPankyFan

All it would take is an invisible force field around the court.

Harry potter spells needed.

Kinda like an MMORP where you walk around the world and there's a guy chopping down a tree, another guy fighting some monster, etc. I think it would be cool if GTA was sort of like that.

You should have a look at the trailer for the game CREW.

I dno man, I'm doing a race and suddenly a bunch of ghost cars intersect with the race knocking over street lights and shoving traffic around.

I can just see the potential for a lot of confusion and griefing.

I kind of get what you're saying, it would be cool to have everything going on live in one big city, but the amount of changes that would be needed would pretty much make it a different game entirely.

don't think no-contact for people in missions/races is going to cut it.

dno how it would look precisely but I can imagine PvP playing a bigger part in missions if everything were to go down in one city

heck perhaps you could even replace NPC's with players and make missions just really big PVP events within free mode or something

could even take the MMO-ish aspect one step further and make the whole "mission" thing persistent across a single server

but that would require a whole lot of dedicated servers and re-coding of the game

so much that it would be an entirely different game

maybe when the PC version comes out and modders are let loose with this new engine and assets something like this will be created

( I know SAMP had 100's of players in a single server)

Oh yeah it would be an entirely different game, but I wish something like that existed with the quality of GTA.

lozzy1234567890

What would happen if 2 groups of people are doing the same mission in the same lobby? That would be confusing.

• Like 1

Jobs (missions/races/capture etc..) should be in different sessions as it would just lower the amount of players in a game. But activities, especially the small ones should be kept in the same free roam lobby. Darts, Arm Wrestling (and Target Shooting) are perfect examples and should be available in the apartment as some suggested also. You could add to this the possible additions of bowling or pool, as its just tedious waiting and organising these lobbies for such small tasks that could be kept in free mode.

I can understand not including Tennis and Golf as they are bigger things, but the small stuff like arm wrestling should not be in a separate lobby.

What would happen if 2 groups of people are doing the same mission in the same lobby? That would be confusing.

They would join forces, maybe. Maybe the session would start random missions and people in the lobby can go to the marker to "sign up".

Been wondering that myself for months, despite the fact I haven't done arm wrestling since like December.. it would be pretty cool if they had it that way.

948185.png

• 3 months later...
GTA Master 007

If R* where smart enough, the tennis court would have a force field similar to the alien space ship in the game which switches off vehicles when too close, and disables weapons when in the area similar to being in a apartment and make players transparent when they enter the court or prevent others from entering with a invisible force field

Why arm wrestling period? Of all the minigames they could have possibly put in this game, they chose arm wrestling.

meme-hand-girl-geeks-and-cleats.png

Inb4 conzol limitatiunz.

Yeah. They should make it like the Del Perro Pier rides. Just put them in passive mode.

And then people drop cars, planes or other vehicles into the field to ruin the came.

TeammateHelper

Why arm wrestling period? Of all the minigames they could have possibly put in this game, they chose arm wrestling.

Would you rather roshambo?

LightningLord

Well, what minigame should they have included?

IcOqQpq.gif

Well, what minigame should they have included?More sports related ones. Maybe some 3 on 3 b ball? I thought that billiards would be a shoo-in. Those indestructible volleyball nets on the beach? They could have been put to good use with some beach volleyball. Beach bum pack? It would have been the perfect time to add it. Remember the QUB3D game from gta 4? There are a whole bunch of those arcade cabinets all over San andreas. It would have been nice to be able to play them. Edited by Dirty.Hairy
  • Like 2

Its good this way people would just come to troll there making it impossible for me to enjoy the noble sport of tennis in peace and harmony.

I can't even find anyone to play tennis, darts or arm wrestle

Yeah i know the feeling and when someone joins they will leave as soon they figure out that they got no change.

TENNIS IS GREAT I LOVE IT!!!

Edited by Bongsquirrel