2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

New Camera Phone Shortcut

StormerBoy

290 members have voted

1. 1. Is the new shortcut a f*cking pain?

• Yes, change it back
    • No, I like it, you just have to remember not to push up twice and then it won't be a problem for you.

Do you find the new short cut for accessing the camera phone a help or hindrance?

Pressing up arrow twice brings up the camera, where as before it just opened the phone. Initially you went on the phone, then down arrow and pushed x, which was not that much effort, or so I thought?

It should be executed better. Due to contacts being at the top of your phone, it's a hinderance. If they changed it to where you have to hold up, instead of double tap, alot of people would like it and it wouldn't get in the way in situations where you have to use your phone quickly.

AceThaCreator

Yea its gonna take some getting used to. At first i was like WTF i thought my game was bugging out but it was a small feature that was quietly put in there.

• Like 1

I'm sure it has something to do with the event they're hosting, maybe it'll have some stunting pic contest?

Ohhhh is that what's happening? I was having a mare last night with that camera popping up every time I opened my phone.

Well now I know how to avoid it, it's not a bad feature.

• Like 1

That means I have to wait a certain amount of time to change "double tapping up" to "single tapping up twice" in order to reach my contacts, and your contacts are in the Top 3 biggest reasons for the phone to be in the game.

It is nice to have a quick shortcut for it but it could have been better.

I don't really get lag on my in game phone so I haven't experienced any of the 'accidently opening camera' problems.

We should have the option on the in game phone settings to set a shortcut of our choosing.

For example have up up and down down selectable, and use them on phone app of choice (snapmatic, messaging and contacts etc)

Holding up would of also been good, but I think that is used for opening messages when you receive them.

Edited by J-DNB

It is nice to have a quick shortcut for it but it could have been better.

I don't really get lag on my in game phone so I haven't experienced any of the 'accidently opening camera' problems.

We should have the option on the in game phone settings to set a shortcut of our choosing.

For example have up up and down down selectable, and use them on phone app of choice (snapmatic, messaging and contacts etc)

Holding up would of also been good, but I think that is used for opening messages when you receive them.

And speed dial for our most used contacts is a MUST

Crazy_Cico007

its good feature,but now when you call Lester or other contacts they freeze and stay on screen few minutes or until you die.Not sure its because this feature or something else in this update...

Edited by Cico555
  • Like 1

CarimboHanky

i thought it was a bug...

they really should remove that sh*t as its not practical

nothing in this game justify the implementation of such useless feature!

It's a nice feature, It needs the sensitivity tweaked but it can't really be mapped anywhere other than double up. Down is already taken by the minimap and player list, left is taken by the radio, right is taken by sticky bombs and headlights and up is taken by the phone and the quick select dealy when you recieve an invite to somewhere. Maybe they could map it to holding up down instead of double tapping up.

• Like 1

It's a nice feature, It needs the sensitivity tweaked but it can't really be mapped anywhere other than double up. Down is already taken by the minimap and player list, left is taken by the radio, right is taken by sticky bombs and headlights and up is taken by the phone and the quick select dealy when you recieve an invite to somewhere. Maybe they could map it to holding up down instead of double tapping up.

I don't think PS3 controllers allow you to push more than two arrows at once?

Hmmm nice bike

If they can do this, they can allow us to go between crouching and stealth mode the same way.

Edited by Tony.
  • Like 3

Everytime I try to quick call my Mechanic for a getaway car the camera pops up. It's f*cking annoying.

You guys must have Parkinsons. No offense to those with Parkinsons. You fidgety bastards, press it once.

Dan_Houser_Official

anyone who says no i like it is clearly being filled with rockstar games white liquid

I don't like it personally because it makes something I used to do, a slower process... I used to always double tap the phone to get up & then right into the phonebook while in a car to call Blind eye/off radar/remove wanted level etc.

Now I have to press up, wait a second, press right then do it.

Its not exactly the biggest annoyance in the world, but you can go into your phonebook quite a lot in a single session & it becomes irritating after the 50th time of accidentally double tapping & then driving into a tree with the camera out.

himynameisdamien

It's absolutely awful. If you're driving and you pull up your phone to make a call and you're used to spamming the up direction to get to contacts like I am, you end up bringing up the camera and your character automatically slams on the breaks making you unable to do anything until you put it away again.

ALPHaRyuTaTSuMaKi

Do you find the new short cut for accessing the camera phone a help or hindrance?

Pressing up arrow twice brings up the camera, where as before it just opened the phone. Initially you went on the phone, then down arrow and pushed x, which was not that much effort, or so I thought?

down, left, X. Photographers like ease of access, so that they don't miss their shot.

I wish double tapping down arrow would do this instead of up. So annoying it is.

Hold down would be better (since it's in that direction)

Double tapping down? Bitch, that's where my online ATM at!

it is working perfectly fine for me... does this issue have to do with the ps3 dpad or something?

it is working perfectly fine for me... does this issue have to do with the ps3 dpad or something?

Typically if you want to get to any of the top 3 options on the phone, the first thing you do is hit up to open the phone and then up again to go to the top row.

Mainly this is an issue for "texts" now, as I'm already used to hitting up-right-up instead of the old up-up-right for "contacts".

It is a dumb idea though. Obviously the people who thought of it havn't actually ever played the game.

• Like 5

Black Rabbit

Its annoying as f*ck , everytime i accidently press up twice :/

^ this.

Quit being such a spazz with your controller....jeez

xInfamousRYANx

Never opened it accidentally. Jeez u guys must be button mashers

• Like 2