2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Exiting Garage

DMarieBella

Just wondering why they changed this. You no longer drive out of your garage. The screen goes black for a second or two and then you just spawn in the street near your apartment. Tnx!

lol I noticed that once yesterday too. I thought it was just some mistake...but if others are having that same "mistake", then I guess it's something new. I stole a car to drive back to my garage and I thought I left it in front of my garage, that's why it did that, I thought.

Maybe it's to stop other players from ambushing you when you exit your garage? Don't see why that is needed in closed friend or solo though.

Its probably because it has always been stupid and leaves you vulnerable unlike smaller garages.

Could be - I'm sure they've been bombarded with complaints against griefers and trolly mctrolls sitting outside garages just waiting for those doors to open....

BoJack Cognac

I welcome this.
I already go Passive Mode and then exit on foot because tools are waiting outside.

You should see the look on their face when they realize they can't kill me.

• Like 2

If you only buy Garage, this is what you see. And to be honest, I love it. That going out from garage animation in apartment is wasting my time.

Tails Prower

I can only assume this is Weazel Plaza or Richards Majestic apartment?

I believe someone posted this was the "fix" for cars spawning in front of the garage blocking your exit, they

simply removed the animation to spawn the car outside.

• Like 1

It was to stop glitching. People were doing certain things during the drive out cut scene that caused duplicate vehicles and other things.

• Like 4

If you only buy Garage, this is what you see. And to be honest, I love it. That going out from garage animation in apartment is wasting my time.

The entire game is designed to waste your time. You realize that, right? :D

• Like 3

I can only assume this is Weazel Plaza or Richards Majestic apartment?

I believe someone posted this was the "fix" for cars spawning in front of the garage blocking your exit, they

simply removed the animation to spawn the car outside.

Ah. That makes sense too. Yep. I am at Richards and there is/was always a car blocking me. Sometimes it's a Baller so that's OK :-) I just take it.

Hmm...I didn't liked that because I actually enjoyed seeing my beautiful Carbonizarre driving out of my garage in Alta St. with the top down, with a sunset in the background.
But I like the fact that now people won't be camping outside the garages though.

LightningLord

We should have an option to. Like have this option:

- Exit Garage Cinematic

- No Exit Garage Cinematic

IcOqQpq.gif

Tails Prower

Hmm...I didn't liked that because I actually enjoyed seeing my beautiful Carbonizarre driving out of my garage in Alta St. with the top down, with a sunset in the background.

But I like the fact that now people won't be camping outside the garages though.

I think the same poster said Alta Street now had the animation again?

malcolmfunktion

Depends on what garage you're in..because Integrity Way always just spawned you out on the street but now it has an animation... And I've heard that Richards Majestic no longer has an animation. :/

Edit: It's like they reversed the animated garages with the non animated ones...

Edited by malcolmfunktion
  • Like 2

LightningLord

Depends on what garage you're in..because Integrity Way always just spawned you out on the street but now it has an animation... And I've heard that Richards Majestic no longer has an animation. :/

Eclipse Towers no longer has an animation.

IcOqQpq.gif

Geisterfaust

I welcome this.

I already go Passive Mode and then exit on foot because tools are waiting outside.

You sir got a lot of time on your hands. I'm not bothering to visit any of my garages and I'm playing closed crew. Always spawning on last position or random.

This is strange, my apartment on Integrity way NEVER used to have a cutscene to drive out of the garage, I would always just spawn on the street. After the update though, I now go through a cutscene and drive out of my garage.

It seems I am having the opposite problem as everyone else

Edited by rickreim

BoJack Cognac

I welcome this.

You sir got a lot of time on your hands. I'm not bothering to visit any of my garages and I'm playing closed crew. Always spawning on last position or random.

Well, then - Maybe I should join your crew.

I tend to leave them after a few days, so it's really at your discretion.

I have Weazel and Richards. Cars spawn on the street, but motorcycles still have anims and spawn from the garage.

autobot_hotwire

It was to stop glitching. People were doing certain things during the drive out cut scene that caused duplicate vehicles and other things.

Can we get this dude a cookie?

I love in Tinsel Towers and the exiting animation is still there.

Tails Prower

I confirmed last night myself that Alta Street now has the exit your garage animation back

while in a car.

As I stated in another topic I think this has been removed due to the parked NPC cars problem

but also to allow to patch the glitch that involved this particular garage. It may return when R*

fix this issue.

MagicNarcosis

I haven't been on myself, but my friend always plays on my name and we downloaded the update.

Prior to doing this, I heard that the Integrity Way garage entrance animation was back..

I stayed there because of this reason, and the complexity of the entrance to noobs. If this has changed, it's coo.

You shouldn't be trying to drive out the damn garage when you got enemies holdin' down the exit anyway..

Exit house on foot.

Commence to smoke everybody moving with a nametag and dip!

Do the cars spawn at a specific place on the street or is it random? Placing sticky bombs at the garage entrance was fun. Especially if you waited inside an apartment waiting for the victim to leave.

I confirmed last night myself that Alta Street now has the exit your garage animation back

while in a car.

I've had an Alta St apartment for as long as I can remember - the animation never went away for me. Why do you say it's back?

I still drove out of both of my apartments. I think you may have bad connections to the server. I had a passenger in my car yesterday and he only saw black screen until we were blocks away from my apartment. On my screen we drove out as usual. He has crappy internet like most people who still live with mommy and daddy.

Also, over 3 million Americans still use AOL dial-up internet. I also know a few people whom I refuse to play with because they use heir cell phone as a wifi hotspot to play online. Not good at all.

Do the cars spawn at a specific place on the street or is it random?

Same place each time.

I still drove out of both of my apartments. I think you may have bad connections to the server. I had a passenger in my car yesterday and he only saw black screen until we were blocks away from my apartment. On my screen we drove out as usual. He has crappy internet like most people who still live with mommy and daddy.

Also, over 3 million Americans still use AOL dial-up internet. I also know a few people whom I refuse to play with because they use heir cell phone as a wifi hotspot to play online. Not good at all.

Yeah, but no. Its not a connection issue.

xInfamousRYANx

Can we get this dude a cookie?

I love in Tinsel Towers and the exiting animation is still there.

It seems only the popular glitch spots lost an animation

Its probably because it has always been stupid and leaves you vulnerable unlike smaller garages.

I liked your other account better.