GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Is this even legal?

GKS Sahara

Imagine going to a store, you buy a product with your own money, however, one day, the distributor of that product swipes that product out of your hand, you don't get your money back and you cant use that product anymore. And in my opinion, this is what Rockstar has done with taking away Muskets (this is IF this was done intentionally). The reason I'm bringing this up, is because I know that theres a few people out there, who bought the Musket in game with the real money they used via cash cards. How is it for people to spend money on something, then just have it taken away? Is that even legal? If so, or if not, provide your reasons below.

EDIT: The Musket is back in the game, however, does that change your opinion on whether it would be legal or not IF it were indeed done intentionally?

Edited by Vishnu1111

One day, far from now, GTA Online will be shut down.

Everything ends eventually.

Btw the gun is back now.

rockstar removed them for a while just to annoy people, i would have done it. if i was the CEO, i would make heists nextgen only!

it was gone for like 24 hours calm down
and you only payed for it with virtual money and its just a bunch of little pixels on a screen. stop whining lol
you payed for the version of GTA5 from september anything added after that is a bonus

Edited by hentai_posse

and you only payed for it with virtual money and its just a bunch of little pixels on a screen. stop whining lol

you payed for the version of GTA5 from september anything added after that is a bonus

I know lol, and yeah I paid for it with virtual money (though I regret it since I hardly ever use the Musket). If you read what I said, you would've saw that there's people who bought it using cash cards

Imagine going to a store, you buy a product with your own money, however, one day, the distributor of that product swipes that product out of your hand, you don't get your money back and you cant use that product anymore. And in my opinion, this is what Rockstar has done with taking away Muskets (this is IF this was done intentionally). The reason I'm bringing this up, is because I know that theres a few people out there, who bought the Musket in game with the real money they used via cash cards. How is it for people to spend money on something, then just have it taken away? Is that even legal? If so, or if not, provide your reasons below.

EDIT: The Musket is back in the game, however, does that change your opinion on whether it would be legal or not IF it were indeed done intentionally?

Yes its legal.

747400.jpg

Xbox LIVE gamertag: xVAULTxDWELLERx

It was a mistake and it would not have been illegal. There was a big discussion about this back when people lost their characters and they have in their terms that you can't claim ownership over anything have in-game, purchased or not.

Ill better you one...

How about a firework launcher, charge $60,000, and not let it's consumers know its basically a rental, even though some people didn't have time to grind for the money (things are wayyyyyy overpriced in online) so they spent REAL CASH FOR KESH KERDS (since they didn't want to glitch the money, to play legetly) only to find out IT WAS A LIMITED TIME ITEM (yes you get to keep this TOILET PAPER ROLL) but you can't buy ammo now, and only twice a year (im guessing) when fireworks are used.

I know lol, and yeah I paid for it with virtual money (though I regret it since I hardly ever use the Musket). If you read what I said, you would've saw that there's people who bought it using cash cards

yeah I suppose :) its still not illegal in the slightest

The Gussenburg Sweeper disappeared or a couple days after an update too, it came back. Patience and rational thinking for some things seems to lack at times.

How about you perform 5 minutes of research before you post OP:
rs_avatar.png

R* Y about 19 hours ago

Hey all,

We hope everyone is enjoying the new San Andreas Flight School Update for GTA Online.

We are aware that some players have been experiencing an issue with the loss of their Musket rifle from the Independence Day Special. We're currently investigating this, and if you want to be among the first to know once it's been fixed, please subscribe to the support article below for further updates:

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/202974686-Musket-Missing-from-Inventory-and-Ammu-Nation-After-Title-Update-1-16

For anyone experiencing problems with personal license plates reverting to default versions, please see our fix for that here:

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/203482877-Personal-License-Plates-Reverting-to-Random-Letters-and-Numbers-in-Los-Santos-Customs

Also, if you're experiencing any other kinds of technical issues in relation to today's update, please visit our support site for assistance.
https://support.rockstargames.com

• Like 2

This kind of overacting is not rare for the GTA community...

Furry_Monkey

Read the T&C that you agree to by playing the game and let us know. I'd imagine that in there somewhere there's a "legally worded" sentence that basically means you have 0 rights to anything and they can do what they want.

If it does say something like that then simply playing the game means you agree to it. This is what happens with the majority of games (and other software).

Is it nice? No. Is it legal? Yes.

Edited by Furry_Monkey
  • Like 3

The same problem happened with the Sweaper. Back after the V-day event was ended, the Sweaper gun disappeared. It returned later. The same thing happened here.

And let's not forget the first days of GTA:O when your character used to disappear out of nowhere. And the vehicle disappearing problem.

etc.

The Gussenburg Sweeper disappeared or a couple days after an update too, it came back. Patience and rational thinking for some things seems to lack at times.

This right here.

one of the few people on GTAF with a brain it seems.

The truth is R* and Take-Two can do what they like. They can remove everything. Page 4 of the box manual details the headlines of the "End user license agreement (EULA) and limited software warranty". If you use it, you have agreed to it. You don't buy the game you just buy a license to play it, whatever it is.

Edited by Nomad0202

JohnDoe7125539271

Of course it is legal. They can even shut down whole GTA Online...

@Furry_Monkey said it above: "Is it nice? No. Is it legal? Yes."

There are far more nefarious goings-on in GTAO that are designed to suck your GTA$ (or real money, for cash cardians, like me) away.

We, the consumers, however, do not seem to care because we keep on playing (and paying!).

Is it part of the whole "exploitation of gaming addiction?" More than likely, yes.

And Take-Two/Rockstar spent a great deal of time, effort, and money to figure out exactly how to do it.
We're the rats in the Skinner Box. Most are unaware, too – cuz if we were, we'd drop this technology, in a heartbeat, and go play outside.

Seriously.

Spend a minute or two and read this article about gamer addiction exploitation. Insightful stuff. Cheers!

EDIT: here's the actual, full length article, in anyone is interested. Behavioral Game Design.

0_0.jpg

Edited by fw3
  • Like 2

his point still stands regarding the firework launcher....

I think you have to check the terms or EULA for buying shark cards, stuff you buy is "in game cash", which will be protected I think.

but in-game purchase may not be coverd (like in-game cars)

so in this case, if your shark card cash is taken away, yes, this is not legal

stuff you buy in ammo-nation? no f*cking way.

and by pressing "OK", it means you understand and agree the whole EULA thing, which I think, no one will actually give it a f*ck for reading it. so even they shut down GTA:O, you cannot even claim back the cash you spend on shark cards, as there must be some terms to protect them in such conditions.

Edited by prestonchan

his point still stands regarding the firework launcher....

Honestly would rather it be limited time, it's not that useful when it comes to combat and it makes room for future additions to the gun wall.. I have 18 ammo for mine still, shooting two off for someone's birthday I play with.

Edited by Kushology

Kushology.gif

ATSBRzE.png

rockstar removed them for a while just to annoy people, i would have done it. if i was the CEO, i would make heists nextgen only!

While you have advertised it in and for PS3/360?

Illegal? Please.

You buy a cash card and use a code. Your character receives some money in the game. After that it's your own responsibility. If you lose it somehow or make a bad investment, that's on you.

If something is going to be removed from the game, Rockstar will give everyone a heads up about that. So far I don't believe anything has actually been taken away from players yet (ignoring glitchers and complaints about "illegal" vehicles being removed, boohoo, don't care) and if something does disappear, it'll be a bug of some kind, waiting to be fixed.

They'll cover themselves somehow, as they should. Lots of people are always looking for a lame way to make money off of other people or companies.

If you've lost something without any kind of official statement talking about it before, you can assume it's a bug and that they're going to fix it. Don't immediately cry wolf and talk about possible fraud and whatnot.

How about you perform 5 minutes of research before you post OP:
rs_avatar.png

R* Y about 19 hours ago

Hey all,

We hope everyone is enjoying the new San Andreas Flight School Update for GTA Online.

We are aware that some players have been experiencing an issue with the loss of their Musket rifle from the Independence Day Special. We're currently investigating this, and if you want to be among the first to know once it's been fixed, please subscribe to the support article below for further updates:

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/202974686-Musket-Missing-from-Inventory-and-Ammu-Nation-After-Title-Update-1-16

For anyone experiencing problems with personal license plates reverting to default versions, please see our fix for that here:

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/203482877-Personal-License-Plates-Reverting-to-Random-Letters-and-Numbers-in-Los-Santos-Customs

Also, if you're experiencing any other kinds of technical issues in relation to today's update, please visit our support site for assistance.

https://support.rockstargames.com

Damn, why do people think I'm crying or something? I hate the Musket and cant stand using it. I was just asking out of curiosity, as the OP clearly states that IF it were intentional would it be legal or not.

Edited by Vishnu1111