Free Hangar and Marina Slip after Title Update 1.16

steven_nevets
Go to solution Solved by ~Tiger~,

steven_nevets

After Title Update 1.16, I received the Single Player in-game notification "New vehicles have been added to your garage and hangar property." I found this strange because I'd not yet purchased the hangar. Investigating further, I discovered that both Michael and Franklin had been given hangars at Los Santos International Airport and slips at Puerto Del Sol for free!

This is distressing to me because I wanted to earn/purchase these for myself. Is this a glitch associated with Title Update 1.16? If so, I would like to uninstall the update, but I'm not sure if this is possible.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. In fact, I won't continue game play for the time being in the hope that I can roll this back. Thanks.

• Solution

Yes, this is true, after Update 1.16, M and F now own a hangar, a slipway and a helipad in LS to accomodate the DLC vehicles.

Trevor now owns a slipway but not a helipad or hangar in LS as he already owns these at Sandy Shores.

This is distressing to me because I wanted to earn/purchase these for myself. Is this a glitch associated with Title Update 1.16? If so, I would like to uninstall the update, but I'm not sure if this is possible.

If you do not want M, F and T to own these properties free of charge you will need to uninstall the V1.16 software update.

Edited by Barefoot Tiger

steven_nevets

Yes, this is true, after Update 1.16, M and F now own a hangar, a slipway and a helipad in LS to accomodate the DLC vehicles.

Trevor now owns a slipway but not a helipad or hangar in LS as he already owns these at Sandy Shores.

If you do not want M, F and T to own these properties free of charge you will need to uninstall the V1.16 software update.

Thank you for this confirmation, Barefoot Tiger. May I ask how you come to know this - official source or player reports? I've not been able to find mention of this anywhere on the net. If you are correct about this being done intentionally in Single Player to accommodate DLC for Online, I think that stinks. The two should not be conflated! In any case, I'd be grateful if you might direct me as to how to uninstall this update on a PS3 without corrupting my existing 67% progress. (Can I continue playing after uninstalling the update?)

Thank you for this confirmation, Barefoot Tiger. May I ask how you come to know this

If you bring up the map for each character, the map icons for Slipway, Helipad and Hangar are shown.

To uninstall the update, go into "Game Data Utility" (NOT "game save utility")..You should see all the GTA5 files, one will be large in size...something like 8gb. That is the map. Don't delete that!

The other files are named as version numbers. Delete Version 1.16

Please note that you must then disconnect your PS3 from the internet, otherwise as soon as you boot up the game, Version 1.16 will automatically reinstall.

steven_nevets

Please note that you must then disconnect your PS3 from the internet, otherwise as soon as you boot up the game, Version 1.16 will automatically reinstall.

Forgive these clarifying questions, but If I uninstall the update, will I be able to load my existing game (67% complete) and continue to play, or will I be "required" to install the update at start-up? I ask because I don't recall an option to "opt-out" of the update at start-up. If in fact I am able to resume my current progress without downloading the update, will I forever be prompted to download the update at start-up?

On an editorial note, I say again, "this stinks!" DLC for Online play should NEVER impact the Single Player campaign! Does this mean that the game will now ship with Michael and Franklin having hangars at Los Santos International Airport? If so, this conflicts with the story arc of these characters building up their fortunes. Franklin, in particular, does not have the financial means to own a hangar at the beginning of the story.

I find all of this disturbing to say the least. :-(

Hello Steven, I'll quote your post and answer your questions in yellow.

Forgive these clarifying questions, but If I uninstall the update, will I be able to load my existing game (67% complete) and continue to play

Yes, your game loads from your console memory and so is unaffected

Will I be "required" to install the update at start-up? I ask because I don't recall an option to "opt-out" of the update at start-up. If in fact I am able to resume my current progress without downloading the update, will I forever be prompted to download the update at start-up?

Yes, this is why I advised that that you must then disconnect your PS3 from the internet, otherwise as soon as you boot up the game, Version 1.16 will automatically reinstall.

On an editorial note, I say again, "this stinks!" DLC for Online play should NEVER impact the Single Player campaign! Does this mean that the game will now ship with Michael and Franklin having hangars at Los Santos International Airport? If so, this conflicts with the story arc of these characters building up their fortunes. Franklin, in particular, does not have the financial means to own a hangar at the beginning of the story.

Only Rockstar can answer this.

steven_nevets

Understood. Thank you, Barefoot Tiger, for your patience and clear instructions. I believe I will go forward with the uninstall and leave my PS3 disconnected from the internet at least until the characters acquire these properties on their own. Regards.

Thanks Steven, good luck and enjoy your game :)

steven_nevets

I just had to tell you BT - it worked! I must confess that I was scared sh*tless to hit that Delete button, but I held my breath and walah - no more free hangars and marina slips! Right back to where I was - Franklin standing in a parking lot on the corner of Picture Perfect Drive and North Rockford Drive.

I won't tell you what he was doing before that! ;-)

Thanks for everything, bro!

You're welcome Steven, thanks for getting back with the feedback, fantastic news.