2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

So we gonna act like Gta 5 doesn't need shoulder switching?

AndYuKnowTHIS

AndYuKnowTHIS

Everybody complaining about this and that. Everybody praising this and that. Seems no one cares about switching shoulders when trying to shoot.

What's the hold up? The Left/Right D-Pad buttons aren't used, so I don't quite understand why shoulder switching isnt implemented. You know what I think about 100% of the time when some random guy is after me? "Oh sh*t, I gotta hurry and cross over there so I can get a better angle. Hopefully he doesn't snipe me while I'm running wildly out in the open."

• Like 8

Maybe if people don't complain about it, people don't think shoulder switching is needed?

Also, you can shoulder switch while in cover.

There are many times, as a Free-Aim guy, I've cursed the lack of shoulder switching in GTAO with gusto

• Like 3

It's one of the things I checked for when I first started playing gta5. Was pretty disappointed to find out it didn't have this feature =(

• Like 1

AndYuKnowTHIS

Maybe if people don't complain about it, people don't think shoulder switching is needed?

No thx. I want shoulder switching. Its no excuse. They had it in Red Dead. They had it in GTA 4. They had it in Max Payne. So why isn't it in GTA 5?

I play free aim. I also don't like relying on cover mechanics 24/7.

Edited by AndYuKnowTHIS
  • Like 2

Killzone3265

corner glitching is bad enough as it is right now sadly

• Like 1

No thx. I want shoulder switching. Its no excuse. They had it in Red Dead. They had it in GTA 4. They had it in Max Payne. So why isn't it in GTA 5?

Because it's not very useful unless you make a habit of hanging around street corners, and only then in a few circumstances.

AndYuKnowTHIS

corner glitching is bad enough as it is right now sadly

Corner glitching? Never heard of such a thing. Regardless I like being able to peak around the corner without having to snap to the wall. It just seems more fluid.

And what about having to shoot the NPC laser snipers?

Edited by AndYuKnowTHIS
  • Like 1

Killzone3265

corner glitching; if you stand a little bit behind a wall without going into cover, and aiming at a target, you can shoot through the corner and kill them without them even being able to see you

its an issue in many games

corner glitching; if you stand a little bit behind a wall without going into cover, and aiming at a target, you can shoot through the corner and kill them without them even being able to see you

doesn't have anything to do with lag or the fact that alot of players connections aren't in sync? =p

AndYuKnowTHIS

Ive never noticed this. This doesn't work anymore? I always chip at the wall and have to back away from it.

Edited by AndYuKnowTHIS

doesn't have anything to do with lag or the fact that alot of players connections aren't in sync? =p

It's more to do with the fact that shoulder switching in certain circumstances allows you to see another player without being visible yourself, and fire on them. From their perspective, you're shooting through the corner.

Everybody complaining about this and that. Everybody praising this and that. Seems no one cares about switching shoulders when trying to shoot.

What's the hold up? The Left/Right D-Pad buttons aren't used, so I don't quite understand why shoulder switching isnt implemented. You know what I think about 100% of the time when some random guy is after me? "Oh sh*t, I gotta hurry and cross over there so I can get a better angle. Hopefully he doesn't snipe me while I'm running wildly out in the open."

I think where you facing when you are in cover control this?

I

AndYuKnowTHIS

It's more to do with the fact that shoulder switching in certain circumstances allows you to see another player without being visible yourself, and fire on them. From their perspective, you're shooting through the corner.Ah, I guess I see what you're saying. Almost sounds like head glitching in Fps. I doubt thats the case those because when peeking around the corner, people shoot me just fine. Maybe pics are needed for justification. Otherwise, I still think shoulder switch is needed. I still feel like I'm at a disadvantage. Edited by AndYuKnowTHIS

I think where you facing when you are in cover control this?

Yep.

TableTennisChamp

Yes, absolutely!. I've been wondering why this shoulder switching feature wasn't in GTA V at all. It sucks not having it in the game. I hate getting shot around a corner and I have no way to see the person unless I move in the other direction. Put this on the support forum and send an email over to mouthoff Rockstar to fix the corner shooting glitch unless that has to with connections and get them to add the shoulder view switching feature in a future update. This was in GTA IV, RDR, and MP3. So why isn't it in GTA V?

I tend to be on the right side of the corner, I have never had this problem before. I tend to get killed as I'm advancing, I have horrible timing when I should move the other player always pops out just as I leave cover.

AndYuKnowTHIS

I tend to be on the right side of the corner, I have never had this problem before. I tend to get killed as I'm advancing, I have horrible timing when I should move the other player always pops out just as I leave cover.

Yeah, there have been times to where I was stuck in cover and tried to hurry and move. Would end up dying by bullet or car

StateofMind15

Yes hopefully they will add it. But it wasn't in GTA IV and the right D-pad if for turningthe flashlight on/off and interacting.

AndYuKnowTHIS

Yes hopefully they will add it. But it wasn't in GTA IV and the right D-pad if for turningthe flashlight on/off and interacting.

No one cares about flashlights.....well they do help. But how about holding the D-Pad to turn the flashlight on and off? If you want to switch shoulders you just tap the D-Pad

Or the could just RPG the floor next to you and kill you, then they don't need to see you

I play free aim. I also don't like relying on cover mechanics 24/7.

game was designed by interns bottom line! then released the trailer which miss lead us to buying the prototype

manicmechanic71

I'm left handed, here's a tip - don't shoot automatic weapons left handed, it hurts when your fingers get hit by the bolt and red hot brass gets thrown in your face!

Furry_Monkey

It's more to do with the fact that shoulder switching in certain circumstances allows you to see another player without being visible yourself, and fire on them. From their perspective, you're shooting through the corner.
Ah, I guess I see what you're saying. Almost sounds like head glitching in Fps. I doubt thats the case those because when peeking around the corner, people shoot me just fine. Maybe pics are needed for justification. Otherwise, I still think shoulder switch is needed. I still feel like I'm at a disadvantage.

@AndYuKnowTHIS I believe he's referring to this...

That's GTA IV, but I have no reason to believe it's not the same in V. I just haven't seen video footage of that.

Ah, I guess I see what you're saying. Almost sounds like head glitching in Fps. I doubt thats the case those because when peeking around the corner, people shoot me just fine. Maybe pics are needed for justification. Otherwise, I still think shoulder switch is needed. I still feel like I'm at a disadvantage.

That's GTA IV, but I have no reason to believe it's not the same in V. I just haven't seen video footage of that.

is this really a problem though

with the fast paced chaotic gameplay of this game, I mean one roll and the "victim" would be able to spot and shoot the corner shooter

also yes on the shoulder switching, can be really annoying having to get your gun around the corner

You're right, it does need shoulder switching and its annoying that you can't. I still sometimes try and do it even though I know damn well there's no button for it.

Furry_Monkey

is this really a problem though

with the fast paced chaotic gameplay of this game, I mean one roll and the "victim" would be able to spot and shoot the corner shooter

also yes on the shoulder switching, can be really annoying having to get your gun around the corner

Nah, not in the grand scheme of things - you're probably right. It would be annoying though, to be killed by someone who can see you even though you can't see them. It's not as commonplace and unlikely to be used much, but it's akin to a wall breach where you can shoot out.

AndYuKnowTHIS

Nah, not in the grand scheme of things - you're probably right. It would be annoying though, to be killed by someone who can see you even though you can't see them. It's not as commonplace and unlikely to be used much, but it's akin to a wall breach where you can shoot out.

People see and kill me just fine. Hell there were times to where they could shoot me and I couldn't shoot them.

Edited by AndYuKnowTHIS