GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

How many people are losing faith in R*?

Midnight Vibes

Have you lost faith?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Have you lost faith in R*?

Midnight Vibes

In light of the recent update, how many people are losing faith in Rockstar and GTA:O? I'm certainly not ungrateful for updates; I'm grateful that they support their game, but they're adding unnecessary content at this point and I've lost all initial interest I had in this game. This isn't necessarily about this update, but the way Rockstar adds content and fixes things in general is just pathetic. Most patches include basic reskins and minor upgrades/downgrades from existing content, and most patches also break just as many things as they fix. The game has become a generic MMO grind for unnecessary luxuries at this point, where you either grind their reduced payouts, glitch, or buy cash cards. There's just no way to win.

So, have you lost faith in Rockstar's ability to produce worthwhile content, or are you still holding on for a reason? Discuss.

Edited by robrabbitman

iBleedCoffee

I still have fun playing it. if they put more stuff, all i can say is thank u or stop playing P=

• Like 3

I still have fun playing it. if they put more stuff, all i can say is thank u or stop playing P=

TheGoodSgtScooter

Even though bastard smilies annoy me, ditto.

Also OP, R* keeps patching and adding content, so no.

• Like 1

Why are all these threads about the game and/or the developers being bad necessary?

If you don't enjoy the game right now, you're probably not going to enjoy it anytime soon. Even if heists and other larger features are added, GTA:O will remain the same at the core.

It really is as simple as you choosing not to play a game you don't enjoy.

My advice is that you don't keep playing GTA:O if you don't like it, because no amount of discussion about the efforts of Rockstar is going to make the game any better for you.

Save yourself lots and lots of time by walking away. There's plenty of things you don't regret at the end of your life, but losing time to something you didn't enjoy and weren't even forced to do, that's something you will likely regret.

CheaterMcCheat

No I am atheist I have no faith in the R* deity so stop ramming religion down my throat

• Like 2

Not A Nice Person

I'll give them the next gen and PC versions, If stuff isn't right then, R* really chose the path to just become one of those companies that bribes off their fans.

Edited by Yura'ndGames

Pg7Txhi.gif

In R* North maybe.

Not in R* San Diego. Might change if they release a Red Dead Redemption sequel that's crappy.

Midnight Vibes

Why are all these threads about the game and/or the developers being bad necessary?

If you don't enjoy the game right now, you're probably not going to enjoy it anytime soon. Even if heists and other larger features are added, GTA:O will remain the same at the core.

It really is as simple as you choosing not to play a game you don't enjoy.

My advice is that you don't keep playing GTA:O if you don't like it, because no amount of discussion about the efforts of Rockstar is going to make the game any better for you.

Save yourself lots and lots of time by walking away. There's plenty of things you don't regret at the end of your life, but losing time to something you didn't enjoy and weren't even forced to do, that's something you will likely regret.

Not at all true, if something worthwhile to do is added, I might enjoy the game a little more. I also never said I didn't enjoy playing, but I've just lost my interest in playing Online over another game.

Also, I wanted a simple discussion to see what the community thinks about this. I know it won't make me enjoy the game any more or less. I don't need a philosophical lesson because I was curious about the community's thoughts and opinions.

In light of the recent update, how many people are losing faith in Rockstar and GTA:O? I'm certainly not ungrateful for updates; I'm grateful that they support their game, but they're adding unnecessary content at this point and I've lost all initial interest I had in this game. This isn't necessarily about this update, but the way Rockstar adds content and fixes things in general is just pathetic. Most patches include basic reskins and minor upgrades/downgrades from existing content, and most patches also break just as many things as they fix. The game has become a generic MMO grind for unnecessary luxuries at this point, where you either grind their reduced payouts, glitch, or buy cash cards. There's just no way to win.

So, have you lost faith in Rockstar's ability to produce worthwhile content, or are you still holding on for a reason? Discuss.

There is a way to win, stop trying to have super cars handed to you. They are supposed to be hard to obtain. You'll find without super cars and unnecessary pegasus vehicles you won't spend as much money. Cheaper cars have cheaper claims and cheaper mods.

Edited by oidgod

I'm only losing faith in humanity. All the posts about the update over the past few hours, people act like they have it worse than people who've lost actual money in insurance scams.

It's just a game, it's just a free update. Remember how much fun people had with GTA:SA for YEARS even though there wasn't a single piece of post-game content added to it, and not a single fix? Kids these days are so over entitled and ungrateful. You deserve to be disappointed if you actually think R* owes you anything.

• Like 4

Midnight Vibes

There is a way to win, stop trying to have super cars handed to you. They are supposed to be hard to obtain. You'll find without super cars and unnecessary pegasus vehicles you won't spend as much money.

I don't want my super cars handed to me. I also don't want to grind continually reduced payouts every patch for them, either.

AceThaCreator

I'm only losing faith in humanity. All the posts about the update over the past few hours, people act like they have it worse than people who've lost actual money in insurance scams.

It's just a game, it's just a free update. Remember how much fun people had with GTA:SA for YEARS even though there wasn't a single piece of post-game content added to it, and not a single fix? Kids these days are so over entitled and ungrateful. You deserve to be disappointed if you actually think R* owes you anything.

I KNOW RIGHT they are taking this game WAY too seriously. Its sad how the number of negative threads outweighs the positive ones as of today. This section as a whole has just turned into one big ol' B*tch & Moan thread smh.

Wait? People still have faith in R*?

Oh, yeah, I have faith in the company that strung us along for two miserable years after dangling the amazing GTAV trailer in front of us on November 2011.

I'm seeing a trend here of reduced expectations. Really the design of the GTAV virtual world and its vehicles was a magnum opus worhty of great praise, but the GTA0 game design and the story were not so much. :bored: And the trend isn't looking good....

As far as DLC and bugs are concerned, then yes.

But I still play because of the racing, and pvp missions can be fun.

I'll buy next-gen, for sure.

Overall it's a good game managed by imcompetent fools.

• Like 1

Hell no, I think they are putting in a huge amount of effort into a running a video game.

Midnight Vibes

I KNOW RIGHT they are taking this game WAY too seriously. Its sad how the number of negative threads outweighs the positive ones as of today. This section as a whole has just turned into one big ol' B*tch & Moan thread smh.

The difference there was that they weren't promising content we're still not seeing back then. There is plenty of content we've been promised that we're still missing. Still a fun game, but I've lost faith in Rockstar due to their incompetence and not delivering on the promises at any time on the horizon, despite never giving us release dates.

Also, I think some of you are missing the point of a discussion.

Edited by robrabbitman

They're adding content at a pretty steady pace with no end in sight. It's only gonna get deeper when new gen hits.

And hists will get here eventually too. That Gould Shake things up a bit.

What game when it brings out a patch doesn't break something else? That's just the nature of the beast.

There are things they could do better, but when you have more modders on here than any other online game destroying this sh*t day in day out, constant things that need fixing, on consoles which are at the end of their life with a game that breaks its boundaries almost, what do you expect?

I am amazed the game actually works most of the time considering just how gigantic it is, and the sheer content we have... think of this as a beta and the PS4 the real version and things will look better lol.

I'm really liking the new update a lot but with all the new bugs and the freezing making a return it's like finally getting a fly out the window then another comes in.

Ironic.. People these days blame the consumer for being unhappy with content instead of the developer who has made record sales while at the very least eluding to amazing, expansive content.

Then again its also ironic that people still claim DLC is free while R* claims massive shark card profits. Free would be like single player, make a selection and its yours. This market style has been well known in gaming for years. Chinese started the microtransaction bit and people used to call it out for the rip off it is. This was a long term marketing strategy from R*. Not a "Oh hey, thanks for playing here is some free DLC to our loyal fanbase!"

Midnight Vibes

What game when it brings out a patch doesn't break something else? That's just the nature of the beast.

I'm really liking the new update a lot but with all the new bugs and the freezing making a return it's like finally getting a fly out the window then another comes in.

This is my problem, it's not just a few minor things that break, it seems that with every major bugfix, another major bug comes along instead. As an example, how on earth did they manage to ruin personal plates for only your second garage? That's just incompetence. The game is great but the bugs and modding make it less fun and sometimes unplayable,

Midnight Vibes

Do people know what the f*ck a re-skin really is?

reskin
verb (used with object), reskinned, reskinning.
to replace or repair the exterior surface or coating of:
Do you?