2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

When are we getting some English themed dlc

Taco_Gta

CarimboHanky

yeah make an English DLC, make the queen one of lester' targets!!!

Edited by CarimboHanky
  • Like 3

I don't see a city in California celebrating English history.

We don't even celebrate Boxing Day. Our banks open up on December 26th.

You people have so many days off work each year that it makes me laugh when you complain about working.

You can call Americans fat and stupid all you want, but you can never call us lazy.

And please don't lock this thread because of my comment. I am not trying to start any nation-wars.

I've lived in many countries and all of them have awesome qualities.

So on point!

f*ck off mate america is full of fat bastards and your probly one of em like I said f*ck off I'm not amused about this update at all

Yet another angry British KID. You little sh*t-sippers complain about how the game is too American... Yet, you forget that this game is based on California, in the United State of America! You want a British GTA? Then f*cking wait for it. lol Oh and BTW, the word is spelled, "probably" not probly. I am not amused by this update either, they didn't even have the f*cking decency to patch the God-Mode Glitch. -_-

yeah you gotta think of where the game is based in, not where the game was made/created

Exactly, so many irrational complaints, but if they just stopped working with feelings, maybe the logic could shine through!

Starscream_910

People are getting "English" and "British" mixed up.

Anyway if David Cameron is one of Lester's assassination targets, at least I could sticky his car and get some kind of revenge for the triple tuition fee that arsehole made me pay.

And Nick Clegg would make an excellent target for the shooting range.

Not A Nice Person

I can't of anything an England DLC could add that isn't already in the game.

A Scottish DLC, though...I could go for a kilt and some bagpipe car horns.

Really? Jags, Bentleys, Caterhams, Triumph motorcycles, Jenson Healeys, TRGs, etc. Maybe a London cab or something. Clothing: crowns, shirts with UK flag and other stuff, the Queens outfit :lol:

Hair: moustaches, maybe beards

Guns: L85, L115, L96, Browning Hi-Power, AS-50

Queen mask + hair

Ffs the game was created here you know f*ckin independence day dlc n now national aviation day dlc pissed

The game is based in LA.

I'm not from the US, but I would expect DLC to fit in to the theme of the game.

Ffs the game was created here you know f*ckin independence day dlc n now national aviation day dlc pissed

Just so you people know, the game takes place in America. And if there's an English update, I also expect a Japan update, Korea update, China update, Spanish update, Mexican update, Canadian update (hunting anyone?), Indian update, South African update... Etc.

Now wasn't there a GTA that took place in London or something?

EDIT: Found it. GTA: London 1961 & 1969

Edited by DrBigMa

There was a london GTA SHUT UP AND GO PLAY THAT

SERIOUSLY

HEARING YOU WHINY LIMEY BRATS RUINS THIS GAME FOR ME ooooh pip pip guvnor shame about your auto ITS LOS ANGELES

THE ONLY THINGS PEOPLE IN LA SAY ARE f*ck YOU AND YOURE UNDER ARREST

rant over

Flying in a spitfire would be cool, I made my guy look like a spitfire pilot earlier today.

I wouldn't mind some clothing with different flags on it, I was hoping they'd be something British in the independance day dlc but there wasn't

The game was created in Scotland, not England. Don't use England synonymously with the UK.

LurkingLurker

I just want to know whether if the game was based in say, England, would you ask for American themes? Also, if I was the American asking for an American-based DLC for the English GTAO, how would you feel? I appreciate British culture, but I don't see how you could fit an English-themed dlc into a make-believe Los Angeles.

The Getaway was the closest thing to GTA: London.

For its time, it's actually a great game. I own it to this day.

As a matter of fact, the night before my 3rd venture into London, I played The Getaway for 6 hours, memorizing the general layout of all the tourist parts.

Using that game, I realized how to get from that Big Ben clock tower to Trafalgar Square to Buckingham Palace.

They're really close, but that game helped me really understand where they were in location to each other.

to this day i still believe The Getaway was the reason rockstar never remade GTA:London

Irish O'African

And yet the game takes place in a little known place called CALIFORNIA, USA. You mad, bro?

Also, I shall leave this here.

I just want to know whether if the game was based in say, England, would you ask for American themes? Also, if I was the American asking for an American-based DLC for the English GTAO, how would you feel? I appreciate British culture, but I don't see how you could fit an English-themed dlc into a make-believe Los Angeles.

The Getaway was the closest thing to GTA: London.

For its time, it's actually a great game. I own it to this day.

As a matter of fact, the night before my 3rd venture into London, I played The Getaway for 6 hours, memorizing the general layout of all the tourist parts.

Using that game, I realized how to get from that Big Ben clock tower to Trafalgar Square to Buckingham Palace.

They're really close, but that game helped me really understand where they were in location to each other.

to this day i still believe The Getaway was the reason rockstar never remade GTA:London

The Getaway is a good game. Though I doubt that is their reasoning why they have not remade it.

Just so you people know, the game takes place in America. And if there's an English update, I also expect a Japan update, Korea update, China update, Spanish update, Mexican update, Canadian update (hunting anyone?), Indian update, South African update... Etc.

There probably should be a Mexican update for LA :p

There probably should be a Mexican update for LA :p

Now there's one that makes sense!

V HoneyBadger V

Lol at the US-UK arguments.

Gun control is a probably a big part in Rockstars choice of location. Plus the USA is not as sensitive when it comes to poking fun. The rest of the world know what they are known for, such as their many corporations and influences in the world. Parodies are easy and you won't get executed in the street for it, within reason.

That's one of the reasons you can't have a GTA game in somewhere like China or Saudi Arabia, because the government control the flow of content, and everything turns ugly when you involve the Middle East or Asia in the media, thanks to religion, politics and conflicts. It's simply the way things are.

I don't personally agree with how some countries think they have more rights than others when they get offended, but it's better to avoid those debates and arguments for the sake of keeping the peace.

There isn't anything that particularly stands out about England for me, apart from the monarchy, beefeaters, red telephone boxes and mass-immigration.

Having said that, I only stayed for a couple of months one time.

I guess there is simply more to talk about when it comes to America. There is lots of diversity and plenty of humorous things and parodies to be created, something Rockstar are known for.

• Like 3

manicmechanic71

No English dlc in a game set in California please. Oh and by the way some people on here have really shown themselves up. As an English person reading all that I'll know whose opinions to value in future.

P. S. Whoever came up with the fat American thing, I don't think the British are any better in that respect

• Like 2

People call Americans fat like obesity isn't a shared issue amongst any of the world's major powers with large middle classes.

Canuck here, we have some pretty fat f*ckers too and I've been to Europe and the UK. It's not exactly as full of thin young women as they make it out to be.

• Like 1

obsidian_eclipse

yeah make an English DLC, make the queen one of lester' targets!!!

Most English people are the least patriotic of all countries and would probably agree with that. There's none of the that swearing allegiance with a hand on heart and salutations to the flag.. Without google to help, ask who was monarch before Liz and there will be blank stares - never mind the last 4 or 5 prime ministers, yet in the states most can recite every president back to the birth of the United States.

This isn't an English criticism, I just don't think most don't take it too seriously. Despite what gets seen in regards to British film stars and day time TV (Jeremy Kyle) most people have pretty good teeth as health care is free and dental care between about $50 and $400 - if not free.. Still stereotypes make me laugh..

• Like 3

V HoneyBadger V

No English dlc in a game set in California please. Oh and by the way some people on here have really shown themselves up. As an English person reading all that I'll know whose opinions to value in future.

P. S. Whoever came up with the fat American thing, I don't think the British are any better in that respect

Everywhere has fat people, but I think it's because the fast food corporations came from America to start with.

• Like 1

LurkingLurker

I don't personally agree with how some countries think they have more rights than others when they get offended, but it's better to avoid those debates and arguments for the sake of keeping the peace.

this is a big problem though by avoiding it these countries just get more and more sensitive

• Like 1

How about, instead of a DLC based around Britain, we get a DLC based around the American image of Britain, filtered back through a Scottish developer? They could feature fancy, old-fashioned clothes, London cabs and buses, James Bond-esque vehicles (fingers crossed for a JB 700 with the machine guns intact), a cane as a weapon (double points if it's a cane sword)...

...you know what? Now that I'm on that train of thought, the best British-themed DLC for the game might be a spy-themed one. You'd get the cool cars, the unique weapons, the suave outfits, some new mission opportunities, and a general theme tying them all together. Most of all, if they do include this, they should add the ability to install machine guns, spike strips, rockets, and other weapons on your vehicle, to turn it into a true Vinewood spy car. (To keep it fair, make it an expensive upgrade, for both the weapons themselves and for the ammo.)

You still wouldn't get new weapons.

...because they're illegal.

Actually interesting that somebody mentioned the machine guns on the JB-700. I started SP up again and after playing through that mission, I realized that those machine guns are shotguns. :p

Edited by SirMichaelRocks23

----------------------

Only if it's as campy as f*ck. Umbrella shotgun, 60s suits and some Rolls Royce knockoff.

CaliMeatWagon

Yes, because LA is based in the UK and this game is about the British.

Right! I would rather be fat then have a mouth full of teeth that look like they are parts to a wood chipper. (Stereotypes are Awesome!)

I was excited at the prospect of the Union Flag on my parachute, but I guess I'll have to settle for a parachute bag.

Expect these:

A new car called the Muffwagon or Minge Mobile

Chav_car.jpeg

New 'Trackies' and the action to lean against a wall with your hands in your pockets

chav-1.gif

2 new melee weapons, The stanley knife or in chav slang a machete and a headless golf club

stanley-folding-pocket-knife-with-wooden

Don't forget to shout 'C'mon u f*ckin mug' as you charge into the battle.

Source: Scotland has them too you know, I live around them.

Edited by BigJoe_1

I'd vote for an english DLC when the british as a people stop getting over run by arabs and having their entire country taken over. GG phaggots

OP is unusually upset about not having English-themed holiday DLCs on a game.... set in the west coast of the US.

• Like 1