2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

When are we getting some English themed dlc

Taco_Gta

xoC18H21NO3xo

I just want to know whether if the game was based in say, England, would you ask for American themes? Also, if I was the American asking for an American-based DLC for the English GTAO, how would you feel? I appreciate British culture, but I don't see how you could fit an English-themed dlc into a make-believe Los Angeles.

• Like 3

BoJack Cognac

When it comes down to it, blakeney, the English and the Americans are the same people.

The only difference is slang, spelling, the size of buildings and vehicles, and British food is pretty bland. But that's only because you've outlawed poison there.

• Like 1

I just want to know whether if the game was based in say, England, would you ask for American themes? Also, if I was the American asking for an American-based DLC for the English GTAO, how would you feel? I appreciate British culture, but I don't see how you could fit an English-themed dlc into a make-believe Los Angeles.

it wouldnt matter much anyways seeing as most of europe is heavily influenced by the American society anyways.

BoJack Cognac

The Getaway was the closest thing to GTA: London.

For its time, it's actually a great game. I own it to this day.

As a matter of fact, the night before my 3rd venture into London, I played The Getaway for 6 hours, memorizing the general layout of all the tourist parts.

Using that game, I realized how to get from that Big Ben clock tower to Trafalgar Square to Buckingham Palace.

They're really close, but that game helped me really understand where they were in location to each other.

• Like 2

90s themed England Dlc would be good though!! The Housers would've been in their 20s ie in their prime!

[enter your local town name here] BOYS WE ARE ERE, SHAG YOUR WOMEN AND DRINK YOUR BEER...ALL WE NEED IS TITS FANNY AND FOOTBALL ....OI OI MUCKER!

• Like 2

Plenty of classic British cars could be done. E-Type Jag anyone?

Someone's already covered some guns. Variety in snipers would be nice. f*cking love the Lxx(x) snipers.

There are also tons and tons of clothing styles originating from Britain. Won't go into detail there because people here will find a reason to argue about fashion (see above mindless stereotypes).

Lots of British planes could be done, although there is a fair amount of air vehicles already.

Could have some gestures such as the "vicky", the V sign with index and middle finger upright and split palm facing back (for those wondering) and the "proper" tosser/wanker gesture.

I'd think of more, but I don't see it happening. Kind of sad knowing the game studio that made the game is about 50 miles from me in Edinburgh.

Oh, and I'll be there on Saturday. Anyone want me to pop in and leave them a message about how the self-hyped DLC didn't meet expectations?

tenpennyisplainevil

English themed DLC will never happen. Rockstar is a U.S. based company.

No it isn't

English based DLC

New gun: ..ohh wait

That part made me smirk.

L82, L96, L115, Browning Hi-Power, etc, etc...

The_joke.jpg

2eqe1ea.png

KornbreadMaf1a

The idea for a English themed DLC died in 1783.

• Like 1

Why should the fact a game is made by a Scottish company mean there should be an English DLC?

yeh we neeeed sum fkin ukip contnt m8 yeh

croyden smackhed dlc

coulsden skeng gang dlc

yeh m8 we need some dat like

• Like 1

never because rockstar is taking the piss! stop crying and get over it you melt.

Edited by DopeFresh

The Lonesome Drifter

Coming from a Brit...

Why? Might as well call it the Afghanistan DLC, as there's more of them in England right now than anyone else (no offence, honest truth, just go into one of the THOUSANDS of corner shops and see who owns them all)

But some British mobiles and an L85A2 would be nice, am claret and noble would be fine in my garage ;)

• Like 1

When it comes down to it, blakeney, the English and the Americans are the same people.

The only difference is slang, spelling, the size of buildings and vehicles, and British food is pretty bland. But that's only because you've outlawed poison there.

Don't forget ancestry. You're not the same people. Edited by Preusse

Is Gta really made in England? I thought in the US.

Their main production studio is in Scotland, but the New York office (that also does a chunk of production) has final say in everything.

• Like 1

SecretDonkey14

As a proud Englishman I'm not even going to read this thread. Just... No, no. This game is set in USA and this idea is awful.

Affalterbach

Is Gta really made in England? I thought in the US.

Their main production studio is in Scotland, but the New York office (that also does a chunk of production) has final say in everything.

Ahh okay, thanks.

The Gardener

The following is based on stereotypes n sh*t but I wouldn't mind some football (soccer) outfits, royal outfits, a cricket bat, one of them London cabs, Mr Beans mini and Dellboys 3 wheeled van.

But I don't really see this happening.

Edited by The Gardener

We'll get English-themed DLC the moment we have London as the main setting. For now, we're in Los Santos, San Andreas, the drug-addicted, washed-up celebrity, post-ironic entertainment capital of virtual 'Murica.

Frankly, there's probably not enough British-themed stuff of interest to make for a full DLC, anyway - not like Japan, where you could have sports cars, weapons, tattoos, offensively-stereotypical outfits...

Honestly, we've got suits, hats, and a decent selection of Bentley/Aston Martin/Jaguar/Lotus analogues to satisfy most tastes. Just throw in an E-Type clone and a Lotus/Caterham Super 7 (and maybe a McLaren F1!), and that'll do, pig - that'll do...

640px-1963_Jaguar_XK-E_Roadster.jpg

640px-Caterham_7_Roadsport_SV.jpg

640px-McLaren_F1_LM.jpg

• Like 2

Ffs the game was created here you know f*ckin independence day dlc n now national aviation day dlc pissed

I'm English, but having an English themed DLC would make no sense whatsoever seeing as though the game is set in America.

Also you say the game was developed here, which I take you're meaning here to be England seeing as though you have asked for an English DLC rather than a U.K or British DLC - so I just need to let ya know Edinburgh is in Scotland not England.

Edited by KimberJane
  • Like 2

Halal Cyborg

yeh we neeeed sum fkin ukip contnt m8 yeh

croyden smackhed dlc

coulsden skeng gang dlc

yeh m8 we need some dat like

we need a feckin cork st dublinn dcl

fkin trianers in the wndiow m8 deyr selin

• Like 2

Turkey Shenanigans

No. Just no...

Edited by TurkeyShenanigans

I can't of anything an England DLC could add that isn't already in the game.

A Scottish DLC, though...I could go for a kilt and some bagpipe car horns.

Not A Nice Person

God you brits are so sensitive, I wouldn't mind a british DLC as long as it had good content.

• Like 2

tenpennyisplainevil

Really? Jags, Bentleys, Caterhams, Triumph motorcycles, Jenson Healeys, TRGs, etc. Maybe a London cab or something. Clothing: crowns, shirts with UK flag and other stuff, the Queens outfit :lol:

Hair: moustaches, maybe beards

Guns: L85, L115, L96, Browning Hi-Power, AS-50

Lmao, the thing with R* is that these updates have been rather stereotypical already.

• Beach Bum: Dudes in tank tops, shorts, flip-flops. Girls in bikinis, booty shorts, flip-flops. Beach-themed vehicles, etc.
  • Christmas: Snow, Santa, reindeer, elves, etc.
  • Valentines Day Massacre: 1920's style DLC based on the clothing, vehicles, and weapons around during the 1929 Saint Valentines Day Massacre.
  • High Life and Business: Expensive suits, fancy apartments, exotic cars.
  • Independence Day: Redneck sh*t, 'Murican pride, Revolutionary War things, you name it.
  • Flight School: Pilot outfit, fast air vehicles, instructor that's a badass tool. :p

Doing another country would result in R* stereotyping them also. They're in the business of making parodies, so I wouldn't be surprised if a Scottish DLC included all of that! ;D