GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

The demise of tanks

MrWuggy

Tanks  

252 members have voted

1. 1. Does the demise of tanks please you?

• Yes, always hated twankers
    • No, I'm too vulnerable without a tank
    • Ambivalent, tanks had a purpose when used judiciously, but the power was abused

So in the previous update, Tanks were nerfed making them much easier to eradicate. With this update, users in tanks are now conspicuously shown on the map with a new icon.

With the power of the Lazer explosive cannon, pilots can now easily track and annihilate tankers.

Are you happy that tanks are generally useless now?

400px-Tankgtav.jpg

Lazar reigns supreme in GTA Online now!

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by MrWuggy

Turkey Shenanigans

Sort of. They were abused so much, but they were also saviors against god mode douches.

• Like 5

Tanks aren't useless. You simply need to use them more skillfully now. That's way it should've been in the first place.

They were already an easy target for my jet, now its even easier as I can seek them out. Lets have some fun.

Tanks aren't useless. You simply need to use them more skillfully now. That's way it should've been in the first place.

Expect to see an influx of cargobobs carrying tanks:

maxresdefault.jpg

I wonder will they add a specific icon for people who are flying. That would be neat.

• Like 3

maxresdefault.jpg

I wonder will they add a specific icon for people who are flying. That would be neat.

That's one of my favorite things to do. Fly my Cargobob to Ft. Zancudo, pick up an NPC tank, fly back to the city and then drop it in an area where there is a gun battle and police. Chaos ensues!

• Like 2

I picked up an NPC tank just a few days ago, but nothing happened. Do they automatically approach users with a wanted level?

I like the fact that they put different "tank" markers for any twanker roaming around so you can easily avoid them now....in the words of the flight school instructor, "Gold star!" Rockstar!

It's still easy to effectively troll with a tank if you aren't brain-dead, but these threads are funny./

maxresdefault.jpgI wonder will they add a specific icon for people who are flying. That would be neat.

Me and my friend just did it, it's so hilarious when the victims have mic
  • Like 3

I picked up an NPC tank just a few days ago, but nothing happened. Do they automatically approach users with a wanted level?

You do have to make sure that the NPC is in the tank (sometimes at Zancudo they do have tanks sitting with no drivers). You do need to have at least one person with a wanted level for the tank to automatically fire when you drop it on the ground. You don't have to drop the tank right on top of the action--you can drop it up to 1 block away and then it will drive to the victim(s).

The other thing you can do is just fly over randoms with no wanted level. If they decide to fire at you in the air then the tank will shoot at them--and it is damm accurate even when it is just dangling in the air.

You do have to make sure that the NPC is in the tank (sometimes at Zancudo they do have tanks sitting with no drivers). You do need to have at least one person with a wanted level for the tank to automatically fire when you drop it on the ground. You don't have to drop the tank right on top of the action--you can drop it up to 1 block away and then it will drive to the victim(s).

The other thing you can do is just fly over randoms with no wanted level. If they decide to fire at you in the air then the tank will shoot at them--and it is damm accurate even when it is just dangling in the air.

Sounds pretty awesome. But how do you get the tank without having your Cargobob shot down?

Sounds pretty awesome. But how do you get the tank without having your Cargobob shot down?

"Cops turn a blind eye"

your poll options are idiotic.

i agree.

i'm actually pretty good at picking off jets in the tank. you just gotta be smart about it. i also enjoy destroying tanks so idk i don't agree with any of these sh*t poll options. enjoy your day tho

I had a little write up in the Story Thread a couple of months ago. Had 8 members of my crew holding a mock funeral at the cemetery for one of the crew members who hadn't played with us in a long time. They had stretch limos, a hearse and everyone dressed in black suits to do the funeral (found out afterwards from their pictures). I didn't know they were doing this (didn't have my mic on). Saw them on the map and decided to just join in whatever they were doing.

After the leader gave his eulogy they decided to do mock-21 gun salute with the fireworks launcher. Unfortunately they decided to do this right as I dropped the tank in the cemetery. That damm tank went on a rampage. It killed every member of my crew--even when they respawned. It wasn't until they figured out what was going on and pulled out their RPGs to kill the tank that the carnage stopped.

The funniest thing was the cemetery has an open grave near the front (which is where the crew was gathered). My buddy said that with the first shot the tank killed 3 of them and they all fell into the grave.

Edited by edub1906

Tanks still inspire a certain level of fear. I see people get nervous when I come driving by in mine, but then realise I'm not a twanker and start following me, lol.

• Like 1

Tanks still inspire a certain level of fear. I see people get nervous when I come driving by in mine, but then realise I'm not a twanker and start following me, lol.

Hey, wait a minute!

Are you that guy that parked your tank next to my car, waited for me to finish buying ammo, waited until I got in the car, and then as soon as I go to drive off.. boom?

Man you owe me money that car was not insured!

"Cops turn a blind eye"

Rightio. I forgot about that.

In my opinion R* put tanks in the game just incase there were god mod douche bags!

Seriously? Hell why not have another for people driving and people riding push bikes and in boats.

Have an icon that tells you someone is above or below you or has a gun out.....

Where does it end? Don't get me wrong they did need to do something about tanks but that really wasn't it. When the only defence is to stay the f*ck away its crazy.would have been much better to add stealth or something to players on foot. Enable them to simply hide and make players use there eyes if they want to find them.

Player blips should have stealth mode anyway. Unless you or a member of your crew has them in los. Game shoukdnt tell you where everyone is all the time.

Works in somengame modes needs to work in all.

Edited by dzian