2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT

999bats

Sugar Free Nos

TL; DR.

This update was garbage, provide no new long-lasting gameplay elements, and brought with it many bugs, glitches and freezes.

7/10 for positivity, though.

Edited by Sugar Free Nos
cixJdfg.png

Those bastard haven't fixed the long bob haircut that is broken with hats. It's been five freakin updates.

Otherwise, I agree. People shouldn't take this fun content for granted.

TheGtaAnimals

Not an update we all expected. But it's free!

But yeah, people need to be more positive.

• Like 2

some people need to learn that if they dont have anything nice to say, STFU....

the christmas present analogy is a valid point... youve been given a gift, if you dont like it dont trashtalk the person who gave it to you, accept it gracefully and move on...

ive not liked EVERYTHING that has been included in DLC.. an example is the Kalahari or the Roosevelt... never really thought these vehicles suited my character.... Did i want a load of animal masks to show my patriotism during Independence Day DLC... nope, im english so there wasnt a great appeal...

BUT... and it a big but... and as i like them i cannot lie... MY OPINION IS MY OWN... just because i dont like somthing doesnt mean lots of other people wont either... doesnt make the DLC a fail just because it doesnt have stuff I want... Im not gonna waste my time bitching an moaning about the things i never wanted in the DLC's weve had... i enjoyed my bifta, still got it... dont really wear the beachbum clothes though... never wanted a roosevelt.. but i do like some of the Valentines Massacre suits so they come out of the waderobe every now and then (esp now theres not 16 people wearing them in every session)...

People need to learn to focus more on the good stuff we have had in the nearly year since release... yup theres been problems, but what use is bitching and moaning about it...

TLDR... I Agree with OP... see OP's TLDR if you thought this was TLTR

Killzone3265

its new fun stuff yeah, but rockstar should be able to put stuff out bi-weekly at most, especially if its just going to be a few measly vehicles

still waiting on major gameplay changes, new modes, bug fixes that they've seemingly been ignoring, etc

• Like 1

Not an update we all expected. But it's free!

But yeah, people need to be more positive.

what were you expecting?? and on what basis?? any credible source such as the games developer??

R* didnt announce the DLC before yesterday... everything before that was just hype, hearsay and speculation... if you got built up on hype from internet forums, its your own fault it "wasnt what we expected"... also as for "we" please use "I"... if it wasnt what you expected fair enough, but dont speak for me who had no expectations until the R* official announcement.

• Like 2

Killzone3265

double post oops

Edited by Killzone3265

I haven't tried this DPC yet, and wont rush to bother. I have given up with playing GTA as heists have been put on hold (which were part of the release and trailer if you remember correctly) and R* have allowed their game to become corrupt and unplayable to many normal players like myse.f

Take your head out of R*'s ass. Yes its all free DLC but we paid for the initial game which included GTAO (and co op heists, which im still waiting for).

manicmechanic71

Couldn't agree more, the whole dlc is of no interest to me as I'm an abominable pilot but I'm sure others will get lots out of it, possibly people who didn't enjoy the valentines day dlc as much as me. It's only right to cater to different tastes.

The car is stunning although a little expensive for me so I'll wait for the verdict on it's race winning potential before investing!

The rebalanced job rewards are something that has been begged for constantly on here

Edited by manicmechanic71
  • Like 1

thats why its best to be a pessimist, expect nothing and be happy if you get anything. if youre an optimist and think youre gonna get everything you will always be disappointed because you will never get everything, lol

Good post. None of the new content appealed to me personally but I was glad that many of my friends enjoyed it. Still awaiting to see if god mode and invincible cars are fixed. If so, this will be a great day for GTA:O regardless of the new items

Man you worded this badly

its late at night and im feeling frustrated cut me some slack :p

just needed to get it off my chest

Furry_Monkey

0_0.jpg

LOL @ that car.

JZeFb.gif

I am NOT buying one of those fugly things.

• Like 2

"you were given a gift"

A gift that costs 1,600,000 and sh*t.

Yeah, f*ck that.

"WELL IT DOESN'T COST REAL MONEY."

Yeah, just like six hours of doing missions which is fine and all but don't call it a god damn christmas gift. sh*t isn't delivered to my virtual-house, nice and wrapped, from someone who I care about.

It was put in some story for an absurd amount of virtua-money and doesn't even come in nice wrapping.

f*ck dat.

• Like 8

R* has put out a very large amount of free content, anything should be appreciated as Rockstar does not have to release anything
be extremely grateful that R* is a very giving and generous company and doesnt charge 5 dollars for a demo like EA games

yes bugs are an issue but since it doesnt completely hinder your playing experience and most definitely does harm you in any way in the real world there is no reason to bitch

• Like 2

I understand your point however I'm extremely underwhelmed with this dlc.

Rockstar are my favourite developers so I don't feel like an entitlement more like I know what they are capable of and this dlc does not showcase any ingenuity that rockstar are famous for.

To price everything in such a way that they have leads me to believe that they have lost one of their core values.

The game was marketed as one about corruption greed and crime and the ethos that crime doesn't pay but in past titles indeed it was all about criminal endeavours which led to you becoming a multi-millionaire but this title is different.

Very little in this update I will personally buy. Similarly the Liberator was my only purchase in the last update. However, even if your not interested in the particulars, having new things available is always a good thing.

Expect nothing and you will always appreciate when you get something.

• Like 3

There's nothing in the update that makes me want to play again. I downloaded the update, purchased and modified the new car, bought the jet took it for a test flight, froze and went back to another game I'm playing. I used to defend this game but it's a sinking ship. It's just gotten stale and boring, the updates doesn't really add anything to the game. The hype has come and gone and what we're left with isn't very good.

Rockstars stubbornness to release content that we actually want ruined this game, they just don't listen to what the players want. They just release stuff and hope we like it. Heists aren't going to bring players back either.

I think it's the fact most people were expecting the Hydra with VTOL, and it's not included.

But the suit and flight school missions are cool.

Very little in this update I will personally buy. Similarly the Liberator was my only purchase in the last update. However, even if your not interested in the particulars, having new things available is always a good thing.

Expect nothing and you will always appreciate when you get something.

Similarly the Liberator was my only purchase in the last update - me too...

exactly, although new missions have been added and some old missions restored... people focus way too much on the "stuff" (cars clothes, vehicles) instead of the experience... since launch there have been alot of new missions, races, DM's added, aswell as capture modes and the creator... all new experiences for us to try..

comparing the game we have today to the game we had in Oct 2013 theres a huuuge difference, some of those are negative differences this is true, but in the majority its positive and if you took two completely fresh players, one from oct 2013 and one from now... the one now would have a much more enjoyable and diverse game than the guy stuck in oct 2013...

alot of us have played since release, so weve been through the ups and downs and that leaves a nasty taste in the mouth, but be real... if you asked the you from 2013 which version of GTAO is better 1.0 or 1.16... id say 1.16 wins hands down every time

Attitude adjustment? I normally champion this game....you can look through my post history to see I'm the first to defend these updates....this update I am wholeheartedly disappointed in. I expected more than the flight suit and one hat and YES I have every right to assume there would be more clothing considering every update added more. I can give this update a pass as I have pretty much enjoyed the others but I'm keeping my eye on the dlc for a decline in quantity and quality. I'm not turning negative just yet, but it's frustrating to see missed opportunities like this to give the community something to brag about, something a lot of people want and you don't take advantage of it...there's really no excuse unless they feel like explaining.

• Like 1

Geisterfaust

OP is teaching us Zen when he's far away from peace with himself.

And about that gift things... It's not gifts. It's paid content, paid with your real money or real time converted to game money. It's only a gift to glitchers. It's hard to imagine another popular online game, when EVERY update changes established rules.

And concerning update: garbage. Only gameplay change is flight school, which I will ignore: I'm chopper pilot, don't use jets. And never planning to use them.

Payouts for major missions are nerfed, but some are improved like LS Connection and Docks to stock. My Independence guns are gone for good (at least, fireworks launcher), freezing is back.

Swift is a pice of sh*t, believe me, I'm skilled chopper pilot and can assure you about it. It's not competitive with Buzzard: both can carry 4 people, but Swift is unarmed and basically is flying duck. Manoeuvrability and speed are on Buzzard's side. And price, OP.... Once again it looks like you're a glitchier. It's basically a rip-off for a slow, unarmed, big chopper.

And one outfit? Where are our dog tags?

R* guys are good at making movies. They should really sell those DLC.

• Like 3

You may not all agree with the OP's Maverick attitude, but then you're in the Danger Zone of sounding like entitled children.

Me and the OP feelin' like Top Gun, all you bitches crying for nothing. Seriously, if you were ready to quit the game before this update, and your continued play hinged solely on this update having a vehicle that wasn't announced, or your own country's flag or whatever else you got excited for that wasn't announced to begin with, then go ahead and leave. We could do with less entitled children crying for practically no reason.

Every f*cking update it's the same moaning tools who flood the forum for a week after update day whinging that R* f*cked everything up and the game's unplayable. If that's the case, you know where the eject button is.

For the rest of the positive players, I salute you.

Top-gun-tom-cruise.jpg

Edited by ninjaontour

Eh.. Guess I'm the only one who's actually happy with the update aside from a couple of issues eh? (Namely my number plates)

I'm happy because:

1) I can now use vehicles in storage.. which means I have sold my garage next to airport, and bought apartment in paleto bay, this means I can now get any of my bikes still and start lobby wars in paleto bay

2) I can change radio station in garage again.. no more SoulFX CrapFM

3) Jobs are better balanced for payouts.. at last.

4) No Godmodders.. finally.

5) No modders.. finally.

6) I can use lester to disable wanted level when I have other people in car/heli/etc

and many more reasons.

Honestly, it's not the new content that I was looking forward to, it was the long needed bug fixes!

Lord_Smasherton

R* has put out a very large amount of free content, anything should be appreciated as Rockstar does not have to release anything

be extremely grateful that R* is a very giving and generous company and doesnt charge 5 dollars for a demo like EA games

yes bugs are an issue but since it doesnt completely hinder your playing experience and most definitely does harm you in any way in the real world there is no reason to bitch

You are wrong. It is our duty as consumers to provide feedback on a product such that a company can either improve upon its previous model or re-think its business strategy.

Its not generous, its business. It was a business decision to release these updates without payment; it had nothing to do with "generosity." The business decision being, release new content with a large enough price tag to incentivise the most amount of people to make in-game purchases of virtual money. By releasing new content with expensive price-tags, Rockstar is providing an incentive, for those who want to, to purchase sharkcards.

I appreciate your positive attitude, but you are flat out wrong when you talk about gratuity and the consumer's role. Rockstar is in business to do one thing: make money. If GTA Online was not forecasted to make a profit, it would not exist.

• Like 8