2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Buzzard isn't as accurate as before.

procharged94

procharged94

I just played Base Invaders with the Buzzard, as always, and although it would lock on, 90% of the time my missiles would be off target. I was eventually shot down, which has never happened. Why would R* think that my 1.75 million dollar chopper needs to be less efficient?

There is now two options for missiles lock and non lock. Make sure you select the correct one

It's seemed fine to me today. Did base invaders also and I had no problem. Been running other missions with it too and seems fine.

There has been an extra selection added though. You can choose to have the rockets locking on or not locking on, so perhaps the non lock on was selected?

However it can be buggy anyway. I run most missions I solo with it and even before this update sometimes the lock on wouldn't show up (but it still locked on) or it would occasionally miss.

Oh well the update seems mostly a dud but the buzzard missile fix makes up for it. Very happy about that.

BrokenLizard

There is now two options for missiles lock and non lock. Make sure you select the correct one

They never locked onto an enemy in the first place, only on missions. I don't see the point in that lol.

Edited by BrokenLizard

Wayne Daniels

One run through cco3, buzzard seems fine.

That's my fav but haven't played it since 1.16 came out, payout the same as before? $10,500?

They never locked onto an enemy in the first place, only on missions. I don't see the point in that lol.You haven't spent much time in a buzzard have you lol. Edited by elfoam

LanaDelRey888

They never locked onto an enemy in the first place, only on missions. I don't see the point in that lol.
You haven't spent much time in a buzzard have you lol.

He has a point. You can be shot at by other players in Free Roam and it won't lock on (or at least I'm sure it wont)

It only locks on to the R* definition of threats such other NPC helicopters and po po.

procharged94

It was locking on with the red square but rarely hitting the target. I'll give it another try in a bit. Hopefully it was just a one time glitch.

That's my fav but haven't played it since 1.16 came out, payout the same as before? $10,500?Nope...$5100 solo, hard....

procharged94

That's my fav but haven't played it since 1.16 came out, payout the same as before? $10,500?
Nope...$5100 solo, hard....

Whaaaaaat? Damnit...

It was locking on with the red square but rarely hitting the target. I'll give it another try in a bit. Hopefully it was just a one time glitch.

You do know that the soldiers run around. That is why you miss half the shots in the mission.

LanaDelRey888

wat

Shouldn't you be firing at the brown square?

If you're having trouble with individual targets; get some altitude and distance away, angle your shot upward and allow the missile to come directly down onto your target. Splash damage usually takes care of the rest.

wat

Think you might be colour blind, pal.

LanaDelRey888

wat

Then what is it?

Manual targeting buzzard is bitching. Much more deadly now :).

Is it actually manual targeting or do I still need to aim the whole helicopter?
Is it just non-lockon?

wat

Then what is it?

red.

Edited by dvntsvnt

wat

Then what is it?

The square is red, bright red.

You may have a touch of red/brown colour blindness. I'm not being a dick, just pointing it out. I suffer from a mild form of Red/Green colour blindness, so I know what it's like.

wat

Then what is it?

Red

LanaDelRey888

wat

Then what is it?

Red

No, I was talking to the actual color blind person who apparently notices only two color stages of lock on.

Either that or he does see three, but probably sees the middle color as yellow.

wat

Then what is it?

You may have a touch of red/brown colour blindness. I'm not being a dick, just pointing it out. I suffer from a mild form of Red/Green colour blindness, so I know what it's like.

So according to you, it's a two-stage lock on, correct? Green, then red?

Edit =

Did you even read the first quote and understood my response? I'll break it down for you - I suggested that he should have fired during the brief brown color square after green and before red.

I'm absolutely positive I'm not color blind, but then again I haven't flown a Buzzard since the update so if they removed the brown square then the argument is yours. But if the brown is still there, then you're the one who is barging in to a comment directed at someone else without understanding anything that was said, or merely color blind. ColoUr blind, according to you.

Edited by LanaDelRey888

There is no brown square. There's green > yellow > red

There might be, if somebody were colorblind. Colorblindness has not been confirmed, yet.

Yeah it's red. For anyone who doesn't understand the new targeting. Previously it would auto lock onto cops etc. So it was very difficult to hit other players or other desirable targets. Now you can just go straight for the kill. Better for missions like mixed with coke also.

wat

Then what is it?

You may have a touch of red/brown colour blindness. I'm not being a dick, just pointing it out. I suffer from a mild form of Red/Green colour blindness, so I know what it's like.So according to you, it's a two-stage lock on, correct? Green, then red?

Edit =
Did you even read the first quote and understood my response? I'll break it down for you - I suggested that he should have fired during the brief brown color square after green and before red.

I'm absolutely positive I'm not color blind, but then again I haven't flown a Buzzard since the update so if they removed the brown square then the argument is yours. But if the brown is still there, then you're the one who is barging in to a comment directed at someone else without understanding anything that was said, or merely color blind. ColoUr blind, according to you.

======================================================================================================================

I see the middle stage of the lock-on as yellow.

Green - no lock.

Yellow - tracking.

Red - locked.

I was attempting to be sympathetic, there's no need to be so confrontational about. I read, and understood you perfectly well. I assumed you were referring to the red stage as brown as I associated that mistake with mild colour blindness. Also, "Colour" is the correct form of the word in proper non-Americanised English.

EDIT: Sorry about the f*cked up quote, it won't let me fix it!

Edited by ninjaontour

Yeah it's red. For anyone who doesn't understand the new targeting. Previously it would auto lock onto cops etc. So it was very difficult to hit other players or other desirable targets. Now you can just go straight for the kill. Better for missions like mixed with coke also.

Is it manual aiming, similar to the guns on the Buzzard? (Right stick to aim the reticle)

Or is it simply non-locking, missile fire, where I point the missile box by turning the buzzard with left stick?

Is it manual aiming, similar to the guns on the Buzzard? (Right stick to aim the reticle)

Or is it simply non-locking, missile fire, where I point the missile box by turning the buzzard with left stick?

Rockets are just going straight.

WHHHHAT? This is awesome.

Edit. How do you get rid of police lock on? Everything seems normal

Edited by KeeNer187

WHHHHAT? This is awesome.

Edit. How do you get rid of police lock on? Everything seems normal

You can switch between Machine Guns > Rockets > Rockets (Unguided) now. Just press X.