2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Seriously R☆ my unique plates weren't hurting anyone

blk95ta

FYI everybody: A good plate only looks good when you know that guy has it because he was first to grab it.

Using a program to get you any plate you like is slightly pathetic. Well, do what you want and all, I'm just saying it wouldn't impress me at all if I was checking out your cars.

you are incorrect, but it really doesnt matter much cause I have had lots of cool plates and no one has ever even noticed them, and frankly ive never even noticed anyone elses either cause they only time you can really even see anyones or even your own plates if you arent specifically trying to look at them is when riding in the car or invited to the garage which doesnt happen often unless youre friends. I for one dont spend any time trying to see what anyone elses plates say, and neither does anyone else. No random people know or even care what your plates say unless you are specifically telling them to look at them, its more for your own enjoyment.

• Like 3

It just pisses me off because i have a whole garage full of iconic tv/movie cars and part of that was each car except for 1 wore the exact plate it did in the movie except my regina which is based on the family truckster from lampoon's vacation which had no plate. For that one i put TRUCKSTR on it.

You can put your normal custom plate back on at LSC.

Dude what's your username and do you have a ps3? I'd love to see your collection of movie cars. My name is PolarisCastillo on psn send me an add!

R* giving out special event plates and you can do ONE in ifruit.

Yes, you do hurt R with cheated plates.

From the people I have spoken to, they never received the custom plates from events/competitions etc.

To all claimers saying "only charles users get affected", I use legit iFruit and all I lost my goddamn custom plates on both of my characters - even after buying another one. f*cking great. Let's see how long they gonna hotfix this problem and treat it as a real problem like glitches as usual.

^ They won't fix it until the next update. Cockstar wouldn't consider this a game breaking glitch since it doesn't involve them losing money.

DaveGrimes96

^ They won't fix it until the next update. Cockstar wouldn't consider this a game breaking glitch since it doesn't involve them losing money.

stop complaining that rockstar haven't fixed it they have already fixed this just re order it on the app

He's not complaining. They haven't fixed it, you'd know if you had tried. 2nd garage cars don't keep the plates. they reset once you leave the session.

stop complaining that rockstar haven't fixed it they have already fixed this just re order it on the app

Shut the f*ck up. They haven't fixed anything yet. Go f*ck off instead of posting false information.

It's funny how such a small thing can upset so f*cking much
(not talking about penises)
The plates added so much to the car appearance :(

Edited by Laveerre

SPEEDSTER0595

Only custom plates ive lost are my regular plates that have a custom name, like my SA Exempt M3 GUSTA for my sentinel.

My North Yankton plates are all ok.

A Maned Wolf

R* giving out special event plates and you can do ONE in ifruit.

Yes, you do hurt R with cheated plates.

From the people I have spoken to, they never received the custom plates from events/competitions etc.

I've heard the same.

HollywoodVice

It's hurting my eyes to witness all the atrocious custom plates that make no sense.

So in reality, they are "hurting" in a sense. :)

All my custom cars happened to be in the second garage of my second character. Thinking of selling them all now, they aren't anything without the plates. Pretty dissapointing.

Be patient, this will get fixed and then you can re-plate them.

It just pisses me off because i have a whole garage full of iconic tv/movie cars and part of that was each car except for 1 wore the exact plate it did in the movie except my regina which is based on the family truckster from lampoon's vacation which had no plate. For that one i put TRUCKSTR on it.

You can put your normal custom plate back on at LSC.

Dude what's your username and do you have a ps3? I'd love to see your collection of movie cars. My name is PolarisCastillo on psn send me an add!

I am on xbox 360.

It's hurting my eyes to witness all the atrocious custom plates that make no sense.

So in reality, they are "hurting" in a sense. :)

some of my "custom" plates are only custom because they are used on another car. good example is my Rockford Phoenix. 853 OKG is what Rockford's plate was and it IS actually custom. James Garner chose that combination because he got his first acting job in august of 53, and because he is from oklahoma, and his last name is Garner. 853 OKG. I'm sure some other ones are random like the mirthmobile or marty's truck but i still copied the plate that was used in the movie/tv show.

Edited by blk95ta

trippy bongos

My plate was something like PIMP,I can't see it on my purple Manana,gasoline green Peyote and Midnight Purple Tornado anymore,f*ck it

Gingy Eastwood

Don't know if this has been mentioned, too lazy to read through 7 pages of complaints, but the only Yankton plate I have also seems to be the only custom plate that stuck. Thank goodness, too, it's my blacked-out "Waylon" Cadillac.

i bought a new garage and replaced my 2nd affected one but it didnt change anything, the new one still loses the plates as well. maybe i forgot to do something.

Right i have 10 chrome adder in my garage and if you read the license plates starting from the left side of the garage to the right its makes a sentence and now its gone

Edited by doooooba

Your second garage will keep wiping plates even if you buy a new one, so don't bother just wait till they fix the bug, and/or store your custom plate vehicles in your first garage

My understanding is that no one else can have the same custom plate as me. So, a question: if I had ten different plates gained using an outside method such as Charles, would all those plates be unavailable to others?

If so, there's your "effecting other users". I don't have a problem with multiple plates owners personally - it seems like a trivial issue I would never complain about but it occurs to me that IF this has been done intentionally by r* that could be the reason. Though from skimming this topic it could just as easily be a bug.

Right i have 10 chrome adder in my garage and if you read the license plates starting from the left side of the garage to the right its makes a sentence and now its gone

double-facepalm-o.gif

Edited by zSaintX

DaveGrimes96

He's not complaining. They haven't fixed it, you'd know if you had tried. 2nd garage cars don't keep the plates. they reset once you leave the session.

mine stayed on when I re-ordered them even when I changed sessions

My understanding is that no one else can have the same custom plate as me. So, a question: if I had ten different plates gained using an outside method such as Charles, would all those plates be unavailable to others?

If so, there's your "effecting other users". I don't have a problem with multiple plates owners personally - it seems like a trivial issue I would never complain about but it occurs to me that IF this has been done intentionally by r* that could be the reason. Though from skimming this topic it could just as easily be a bug.

Yes the custom plate is available to others. You're simply tricking ifruit into letting you use a plate that isn't assigned to you. Several members in my crew have phoenixes with BAN ONE as the plate.

To the person asking about why the north yankton plate didn't get deleted, it only removes the custom letters and replaces them with a generic plate letter/number combo. The style of the plate doesn't change.

Edited by blk95ta

Furry_Monkey

"Please blow up my sh*tty chrome cars cos I suck"

I know you'll count it.

Edited by Furry_Monkey