2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Seriously R☆ my unique plates weren't hurting anyone

blk95ta

BLACK DYNAM1TE

You went outside the normal reach of the game to get a plate that not everyone had access to....you guys can not be surprised by this.

No, it was not hurting anyone, but its something that they felt needed to be fixed. Deal with it.

what are you talking about ?? this has happen to people who have personal plates legit through ifuit app only, and its a glitch that effects the 2nd garage purchased only. If it was a complete hotfix then it would just effect non legit personal plates and both garages... Edited by BLACK DYNAM1TE

Of all the sh*t going on in the game, R☆ takes the time to patch custom plates. I went into charles to put D JUDGE on my coquette classic (hardcastle & mccormick) and can't get it working. I go back to my garage and notice my BAN ONE plate is missing on my phoenix, KNIGHT on my ruiner, BOSS 1 on my manana and so on.

Ugh.

Sooooo.... you're breaking the rules of the game by having multiple custom plates and you get upset when Rockstar takes them away? Thats some good logic right there!

Let me ask you this - if you kill someone then get arrested for it, do you blame the cops because you're in prison?

Of all the sh*t going on in the game, R☆ takes the time to patch custom plates. I went into charles to put D JUDGE on my coquette classic (hardcastle & mccormick) and can't get it working. I go back to my garage and notice my BAN ONE plate is missing on my phoenix, KNIGHT on my ruiner, BOSS 1 on my manana and so on.

Ugh.

Sooooo.... you're breaking the rules of the game by having multiple custom plates and you get upset when Rockstar takes them away? Thats some good logic right there!

Let me ask you this - if you kill someone then get arrested for it, do you blame the cops because you're in prison?

Because custom plates in a game and first degree murder are so similar.......

• Like 2

Funny how companies tend to focus on the things no one has a problem with, and completely ignore the major issues.

Because custom plates in a game and first degree murder are so similar.......

It's a slippery slope.

AgentExeider

yeah it seems like no matter what your second property is, it wipes your plates.

@Furry_monkey: I plan on trying your method later, I was just trying to come up with a fast fix from this morning, but I have been hearing from folks that SOME people can use the old method while others have to use breakpoints because the second ticket won't go through for some reason.

However, using the breakpoints works EVERY time.

@Everyoneelse, the best thing to do now is transfer your cars into your first property and re do your plates.

Ugh.

Because custom plates in a game and first degree murder are so similar.......I wasnt saying they are the same you f*ckin idiot. I was stating an example of you blaming other people for YOUR f*ck-up.

R* giving out special event plates and you can do ONE in ifruit.

Yes, you do hurt R with cheated plates.

i had these plates

Glendale:"LTU"

Tailgater: "AUDI"

Baller: "420WEED"

Sultan:" 8 "

Elegy:"ERR0R"

Comet:"ATOM420"

Oracle2:"UNDRGRND"

Rocoto:"NFSW_SUX"

Turismo R:"ZIP"

and the most innocent Surfer had my original plates:"EDDIELTU"

but my cars that were in my paleto bay garage still had their plates

so yeah, thanks alot rockstar super amazing "devs"

so yeah, thanks alot rockstar super amazing "devs"

You get one plate per account. That's it, that's how it works and how it's always worked.

I've used the odd glitch myself, but I don't complain about it if it gets removed, that's just stupid.

CarimboHanky

i knew something was wrong the moment i logged into sp and notice michael's car with a random number plate...

enter gtao and all my yankton plates have random numbers.

i only had 6 custom plates...

entity=REVERSE

adder=HOOKERS

dubsta 2=BLK DUB2

dubsta 6=EL PUTO

roosevelt=CAPONE

exemplar=MAFIOSI

TeammateHelper

Lel purists getting so giggly because they equate custom plates to homicide.

EDIT: what I do instead is assign a random account a pretty cool plate people might think of getting, then never use it.

That way you will definitely not get it. If I did it with an editor someone else will copy the plate.

Problem here is that I have no idea which account has "TEAMMATE" as the plate.

Edited by TeammateAssist

The way I see it... I own (in the real world) three vehicles. None of them have the same number plate. When you get generic plates on GTA, in theory, they're original & "one off". Can't see why any two, three or twenty of my GTA vehicles can't have "special" plates that are different & think it illogical for all twenty to have the same plate.

Fix

If R* were to put a DMV / Motor Registry in town, we could register & apply for plates for individual vehicles. They could even reap the rewards by making it say $600 for your personal unused plates & put something ridiculous like $10k on a plate that has already been used if it's that desperately wanted & still keep the profanity thingy in play.

Win / Win situation.

• Like 1

You are willfully ignorant and imputent. You know goddamn good and well that we are not equating custom plates to homicide yet you say stupid sh*t like that because you're a little f*ckin punk who knows he can get away with it because hes hiding behind a keyboard. If you were my kid i would beat the stupid clean out of you.

God I f*ckin HATE kids these days! All they are are goddamn know it all smartass little sh*tbags that dont deserve the air they breath.

Ugh.

wait so your cars that had glitched/modded plates have no plate at all now!!! that freakin awesome!!

AgentExeider

You are willfully ignorant and imputent. You know goddamn good and well that we are not equating custom plates to homicide yet you say stupid sh*t like that because you're a little f*ckin punk who knows he can get away with it because hes hiding behind a keyboard. If you were my kid i would beat the stupid clean out of you.

God I f*ckin HATE kids these days! All they are are goddamn know it all smartass little sh*tbags that dont deserve the air they breath.

OK first off, they didn't patch "exploited" custom plates, they f*cked up the 2nd garage code, and it's deleting ALL plates both "legit" and "hacked"

Secondly, the ability to put multiple plates on a car is due to the fact the Ifruit app STILL hasn't been updated with the plate editer and the fact that you can even use Charles to change your plates and etc, means the server is physically capable of accepting those inputs and it's the APP not being developed that is curtailing things.

Thirdly, R* said any "Glitch" that does not give the player a undue advantage is alright by them. but of course then they patch the gate glitches for car launching.

So look I understand you beef with the idea of what you think we are entitled to but to be honest your misunderstanding is coming from the fact that you think that R* designed it that way due to what they are planning and not due to their complacency and incompetance to update a very simple app.

the fact they we already can't put multiple plates is due to them not developing the app very well as opposed to some arbitrary limitation they are imposing.

OT: there is some weird sh*t going on these forums, people are double and triple posting due to lag or something.

Edited by AgentExeider

Correct me if im wrong, but using multiple custom plates is hurting people. Seeing as you're only allowed one plate legitamitely, you're taking up extra space.

If you feel legitimate pain from not being able to choose a number plate in GTAO because it's already been used then I suggest you seek professional help!

If you feel legitimate pain from losing text in a model on a video game, I suggest you follow your own advice.

• Like 2

Correct me if im wrong, but using multiple custom plates is hurting people. Seeing as you're only allowed one plate legitamitely, you're taking up extra space.

No it's not.

Furry_Monkey

If you feel legitimate pain from not being able to choose a number plate in GTAO because it's already been used then I suggest you seek professional help!

If you feel legitimate pain from losing text in a model on a video game, I suggest you follow your own advice.

Thanks - if I did then I would :)

BLACK DYNAM1TE

Everyone is missing the point instead helping the issue:

This is happening to alot of peoples 2ND GARAGE NO MATTER WHAT METHOD OF PERSONAL PLATES WERE USED, does not make a difference if you put them on regularly, Save Editor or through Charles. Moving doesnt solve this nor reinstalling the plates, its glitched plain and simple. Experts arguing with jealous people aint solving sh*t

Furry_Monkey

Everyone is missing the point instead helping the issue:

This is happening to alot of peoples 2ND GARAGE NO MATTER WHAT METHOD OF PERSONAL PLATES WERE USED, does not make a difference if you put them on regularly, Save Editor or through Charles. Moving doesnt solve this nor reinstalling the plates, its glitched plain and simple. Experts arguing with jealous people aint solving sh*t

What are you on about? There is no way to "help the issue". It's a bug in the game and there's nothing we can do about it. This has been posted a load of times if you read the thread.

FYI everybody: A good plate only looks good when you know that guy has it because he was first to grab it.

Using a program to get you any plate you like is slightly pathetic. Well, do what you want and all, I'm just saying it wouldn't impress me at all if I was checking out your cars.

A Maned Wolf

FYI everybody: A good plate only looks good when you know that guy has it because he was first to grab it.

Using a program to get you any plate you like is slightly pathetic. Well, do what you want and all, I'm just saying it wouldn't impress me at all if I was checking out your cars.

I can tell you're not a gear head.

A Maned Wolf

Does linking your gamertag to a different social club account to get a different plate still work or have just the modded plates been patched?

All plates, legit or not were affected.

I used Charles to make mine, but I thing the SC way still works.

Don't quote me on it.

I can tell you're not a gear head.

k?

I haven't even been online to see which plates are affected on any of my cars. Yes I have multiple different vanity plates (in reality none of my cars have the same plate number, I don't see PennDOT giving me 20 of the same plate for different cars), no I ain't concerned if they got random resets... They're license plates on video game cars. I can think of better things to worry about.

i am just going to move my cars with custom plates from garage 2 to garage 1 till its fixed i guess, i hear changing garages does not help...