2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Seriously R☆ my unique plates weren't hurting anyone

blk95ta

Furry_Monkey

Correct me if im wrong, but using multiple custom plates is hurting people. Seeing as you're only allowed one plate legitamitely, you're taking up extra space.

If you feel legitimate pain from not being able to choose a number plate in GTAO because it's already been used then I suggest you seek professional help!

KornbreadMaf1a

I got a good laugh from this thread. My custom plates were messed up for a few weeks a while back and while it was annoying I sure as hell didn't cry and throw a hissy fit like people are in this thread.

It's a glitch that happened with the new update I'm sure it will eventually be fixed so there is no reason to cry about it. Some people are acting like R* broke into their house and brutally slaughtered one of their loved ones right in front of them. It's just a license plate for Christ sake I'd hate to see how some of y'all would react to an actual real problem in your real life if you get this upset over a video game license plate.

Furry_Monkey

Okay, I've done some thorough messing about and can confirm the following:

• Any car in your first garage will keep its number plate when you start the game.
  • Any car in your second garage will get a random number plate when you start a game.
  • You can set a random number plate back to whatever you want and it will remain till you restart the game, no matter where you leave it.
  • If you do set a random number plate to something you want and leave the car in your first garage it will still be there when you restart the game.

Basically, when you start the game all the plates in your second garage will be randomised. None of the plates in your first garage will. I did swap cars and redo plates etc. to check all the combinations I could think of and it seems to be this simple.

Once Rockstar fixes the issue with randomising plates in garage 2 then you simple set them again and it's fixed.

Hopefully this will clear up the unnecessary drama that this block of pixel colours has caused :)

Edited by Furry_Monkey
  • Like 1

If you have more than 1 custom plate then yeah they should be removed. It's hard for people to come up with custom plates as most of the time it now says not availible as name already chosen, so if you have 3 or 4 different plates then it's freeing up something for others.

you aren't keeping others from using plates. You are just tricking ifruit to allow you to use a plate on your car that has already been taken. I had 11 different plates in addition to my legit one.

And that in turn stops someone else from using it. It's not about whether they've been used already - it's about the fact that they can't be used again.

I do agree with that point.

no not true. with the glitch i'm talking about, you can use anyone's plate at any time. for example. my legit plate is BLK95TA. you could in theory use charles proxy to change your plate to BLK95TA to put it on your car even though i have already reserved it. I guarantee BAN ONE was taken long before i applied it to my car. the only way you might not be able to use your custom plate would be if you sent a request right after someone else but i doubt that is even the case.

Yes, I know how it works - you're not understanding me so I'll make it very clear.

1. You make a legit plate of KITTENZ
  2. You then change your mind and use a hack to change it to KITTEH
  3. You then think, "Nah f*ck it - I prefer the first one" and you change it back to KITTENZ

No-one can use KITTEH, the second one you had, unless they use one of the methods for cheating your orders from ifruit. So you have now made the licence plate KITTEH unavailable for legitimate players who do not use cheat/glitch/hack/whateveryouwanttocallit methods.

You understand now?

I dont think you understand, lol! Pretty much everything is already taken and it has nothing to do with using the charles/ifruit method to change them, every player in the game could use this method and make it say the exact same thing and it doesnt matter one bit. This charles/ifruit method doesnt reserve anything and only the kittenz created legitly would be unavailable no matter if you used charles or not. In fact the whole f*cking point of using charles/ifruit in the first place is to get a plate that is already taken because everythings already f*cking taken!

You understand now????? I kinda doubt it but rest assured youre wrong and dont know WTF youre talking about, stay in school. ;)

...it has nothing to do with using the charles/ifruit method to change them, every player in the game could use this method and make it say the exact same thing and it doesnt matter one bit. This charles/ifruit method doesnt reserve anything and only the kittenz created legitly would be unavailable no matter if you used charles or not.

This is correct. The plates are only reserved upon running the app for the first time per Social Club ID. That's when you're prompted to set a plate (you have to before you can do anything) and that plate is 'reserved' in Rockstars system.

...it has nothing to do with using the charles/ifruit method to change them, every player in the game could use this method and make it say the exact same thing and it doesnt matter one bit. This charles/ifruit method doesnt reserve anything and only the kittenz created legitly would be unavailable no matter if you used charles or not.

This is correct. The plates are only reserved upon running the app for the first time per Social Club ID. That's when you're prompted to set a plate (you have to before you can do anything) and that plate is 'reserved' in Rockstars system.

yup exactly. if the reserved system registered the new plate you wouldnt get it, cause someone else already has it, and thusly the entire point of doing in the first place. as far as its concerned it says whatever you registered it as.

Edited by sultangris

...and if the Charles method really reserved it in the system under your account, ifruit would always show your latest 'reserved' plate in the top corner, which it doesn't, it only shows what you reserved during the initial run of the app

I just spent an hour and a half and $300k fixing all this.

you did it wrong then, cause it shouldnt cost any more than 600 or so a car, lol!

Correct me if im wrong, but using multiple custom plates is hurting people. Seeing as you're only allowed one plate legitamitely, you're taking up extra space.

Nope. I just changed all my plates back to what they were before the patch and after i was done i reverted back to BLK95TA for another car as a test. I am not locking any other plates by doing this. It's a trick you use through ifruit. You aren't actually holding the rights to other plates.

Furry_Monkey

If you have more than 1 custom plate then yeah they should be removed. It's hard for people to come up with custom plates as most of the time it now says not availible as name already chosen, so if you have 3 or 4 different plates then it's freeing up something for others.

you aren't keeping others from using plates. You are just tricking ifruit to allow you to use a plate on your car that has already been taken. I had 11 different plates in addition to my legit one.

And that in turn stops someone else from using it. It's not about whether they've been used already - it's about the fact that they can't be used again.

no not true. with the glitch i'm talking about, you can use anyone's plate at any time. for example. my legit plate is BLK95TA. you could in theory use charles proxy to change your plate to BLK95TA to put it on your car even though i have already reserved it. I guarantee BAN ONE was taken long before i applied it to my car. the only way you might not be able to use your custom plate would be if you sent a request right after someone else but i doubt that is even the case.

Yes, I know how it works - you're not understanding me so I'll make it very clear.

3. You then think, "Nah f*ck it - I prefer the first one" and you change it back to KITTENZ

No-one can use KITTEH, the second one you had, unless they use one of the methods for cheating your orders from ifruit. So you have now made the licence plate KITTEH unavailable for legitimate players who do not use cheat/glitch/hack/whateveryouwanttocallit methods.

You understand now?

I dont think you understand, lol! Pretty much everything is already taken and it has nothing to do with using the charles/ifruit method to change them, every player in the game could use this method and make it say the exact same thing and it doesnt matter one bit. This charles/ifruit method doesnt reserve anything and only the kittenz created legitly would be unavailable no matter if you used charles or not. In fact the whole f*cking point of using charles/ifruit in the first place is to get a plate that is already taken because everythings already f*cking taken!

You understand now????? I kinda doubt it but rest assured youre wrong and dont know WTF youre talking about, stay in school. ;)

Okay, I wasn't aware that modifying the ifruit order requests did not take the licence plate so that no-one legitimate can use it after that. I was obviously mistaken about that. In that case, what is the problem with doing it then? It has no negative effect on anyone, as you just explained.

Also, no need to be so rude. If *you* have left school then you should go back and learn some f*cking respect.

Edit: Incidentally, the first time I modified an ifruit order to get a new plate wasn't because someone else already had it. As far as I was concerned the main reason people used this method to modify plates was because you can only do it once (usually). You can also modify everything else you can order from ifruit, as well as things that are not unlocked for your character. That is the main reason people use it.

Edited by Furry_Monkey

Dan_Houser_Official

You understand now?

Okay, I wasn't aware that modifying the ifruit order requests did not take the licence plate so that no-one legitimate can use it after that. I was obviously mistaken about that. In that case, what is the problem with doing it then? It has no negative effect on anyone, as you just explained.

Also, no need to be so rude. If *you* have left school then you should go back and learn some f*cking respect.

>Tells people to learn some respect

>Swears at him whilst telling him to

• Like 1

I just spent an hour and a half and $300k fixing all this.

you did it wrong then, cause it shouldnt cost any more than 600 or so a car, lol!I wanted to swap my richards majestic property and 4 hangman ave house slots. Richards was in slot 2 so i had to downgrade RM to a cheap 10 car. Then i upgraded 4 hangman to the richards majestic i sold. I then swapped all the cars manually between the 2 garages. Once i was done i traded the cheap 10 car garage for 4 hangman. Edited by blk95ta

All of my custom plates (which are legit) are gone in my second garage. Reapplying them in LSC brings them back, but they don't stick after swapping sessions or doing a job.

Furry_Monkey

>Tells people to learn some respect

>Swears at him whilst telling him to

That wasn't swearing - there's a swear filter, hence the * in the middle of the word.

If I'd wanted to fucking swear then I would have done :)

All of my custom plates (which are legit) are gone in my second garage. Reapplying them in LSC brings them back, but they don't stick after swapping sessions or doing a job.

See above. I had to move the 10 cars with unique plates into garage 1. Since my garage 1 is only a 6 car i had to do some property swaps in order to put my slot 2 property and cars in slot 1 and vice versa. It cost me about $400k to do so.

Thank god this only affects the 2nd garage if I lost the plates in my first one I'd quit gta

I'm still tight I lost some plates but ah I live

Im happy with 20 custom plates

Ill try to fix the others when this gets sorted out

Also

I have a question if u take a car that lost it plate and put it in your first garage does it get its plate back?

Edited by Jun2nolimit

xInfamousRYANx

• You make a legit plate of KITTENZ
  • You then change your mind and use a hack to change it to KITTEH
  • You then think, "Nah f*ck it - I prefer the first one" and you change it back to KITTENZ

You understand now?

But charles does not reserve that plate kitteh because if u go in ifruit u still have ur plate not kitteh

Furry_Monkey

Thank god this only affects the 2nd garage if I lost the plates in my first one I'd quit gta

I'm still tight I lost some plates but ah I live

Im happy with 20 custom plates

Ill try to fix the others when this gets sorted out

Also

I have a question if u take a car that lost it plate and put it in your first garage does it get its plate back?

No. It's fully changed. You can use ifruit and set it to whatever you want, but unless you store it in your 1st garage then you'll lose it again.

Does this Charles thing let you have any plate you want, or are they actually unique?

If it's the former, then R* should patch them because if I had a desirable plate, I would want it to stay unique. If not, then yeah, R* should be prioritising their time a little better. ...Though I don't know why you would use a third party application rather than just using extra SC accounts.

AgentExeider

You went outside the normal reach of the game to get a plate that not everyone had access to....you guys can not be surprised by this.

No, it was not hurting anyone, but its something that they felt needed to be fixed. Deal with it.

yeah... It doesn't seem like you getting it, this isn't a case of R* fixing "exploited" plates, because it only affects the 2nd garage property, Secondly, R* has already said any glitch that doesn't give you an unfair advantage is fair game as far as they are concerned.

and Thirdly, the "Glitch" per se is not inherently a glitch at all, you editing .json fields on Java Script tickets, the fact that the game is physically capable of accepting those inputs means it's really a lack of development for the Phone APP and it's interface.

And Lastly, stop and think about what it is people are really doing here, they are issuing plates to EACH car to be unique, if the app had a text field editer in it so you can change it in APP with each plate, this basically the same thing we are doing but having to do it on the back end.

So this isn't a glitch or exploit, and to behonest this is functionality that should of been added to the App by now, since the game is physically capable of accepting those inputs, this is an issue with the app and to be honest I would say submit bug reports regarding it to R*.

AgentExeider

• You make a legit plate of KITTENZ
  • You then change your mind and use a hack to change it to KITTEH
  • You then think, "Nah f*ck it - I prefer the first one" and you change it back to KITTENZ

You understand now?

But charles does not reserve that plate kitteh because if u go in ifruit u still have ur plate not kitteh

Ryan is correct actually, and more over, plates are NOT unique, I got KNIGHT for my ruiner long after I KNOW for a fact someone else had it too and this was WAY before the Charles method was discovered. So if your having issues getting a plate issued that's on you not anyone else.

You went outside the normal reach of the game to get a plate that not everyone had access to....you guys can not be surprised by this.

No, it was not hurting anyone, but its something that they felt needed to be fixed. Deal with it.

yeah... It doesn't seem like you getting it, this isn't a case of R* fixing "exploited" plates, because it only affects the 2nd garage property, Secondly, R* has already said any glitch that doesn't give you an unfair advantage is fair game as far as they are concerned.

and Thirdly, the "Glitch" per se is not inherently a glitch at all, you editing .json fields on Java Script tickets, the fact that the game is physically capable of accepting those inputs means it's really a lack of development for the Phone APP and it's interface.

And Lastly, stop and think about what it is people are really doing here, they are issuing plates to EACH car to be unique, if the app had a text field editer in it so you can change it in APP with each plate, this basically the same thing we are doing but having to do it on the back end.

So this isn't a glitch or exploit, and to behonest this is functionality that should of been added to the App by now, since the game is physically capable of accepting those inputs, this is an issue with the app and to be honest I would say submit bug reports regarding it to R*.

Exactly. I'll go out on a limb and say the plates i have are likely only duplicates of plates other people have pug on the same car like BAN ONE on the phoenix or NRVOUS on the stinger. I agree R☆ should just let us put whatever we want on each plate. In real life if you owned multiple cars hou wluldn't have the same custom plate on all of them.

Exactly. I'll go out on a limb and say the plates i have are likely only duplicates of plates other people have put on the same car like BAN ONE on the phoenix or NRVOUS on the stinger. I agree R☆ should just let us put whatever we want on each plate. In real life if you owned multiple cars hou wluldn't have the same custom plate on all of them. Edited by blk95ta

so just to confirm:

All cars stored in your second garage will lose their custom plates.

You can however redo them using the original charles+ifruit method, and as long as you store them in your first garage and not your second, they will stick.

Am i right?

Also, does swapping(purchasing) the garage with a new one then swapping(purchasing) back solve the problem or is the 2nd garage always going to have the problem?

Edited by Phorkz

I believe the second garage will always have the problem until it's fixed. I don't think this was intentional by R☆ as it wipes legit custom plates too (and i don't tbink tbere's a way to separate the 2) I forgot to check earlier when i was online. I had a few cars in my now second garage that still had their plates from when i did the swap (they were in garage 1 and thus didn't lose the blk95ta plate)

The tv/movie cars that are now in garage 1 are retaining their plates.

Edited by blk95ta

Yeah i had garage 1 full of different custom Yankton plates, they are still ok.

My second garage only has 1 car with custom Yankton plates, which is now a random number.

I just hadn't got around to customizing the ones in the second garage yet, which worked out well atm, i guess its have your custom ones in garage 1 for now, i just thought people were talking about fixing the second garage somehow by purchasing a new one or something?

Yeah i had garage 1 full of different custom Yankton plates, they are still ok.

My second garage only has 1 car with custom Yankton plates, which is now a random number.

I just hadn't got around to customizing the ones in the second garage yet, which worked out well atm, i guess its have your custom ones in garage 1 for now, i just thought people were talking about fixing the second garage somehow by purchasing a new one or something?

yeah that's what i did. i did a complete swap of properties to get my richards majestic property in slot 1 and my 4 hangman house in slot 2. it cost me $400k to do so but at least i've still got $19.8M after spending about $6m today.