2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Seriously R☆ my unique plates weren't hurting anyone

blk95ta

has anyone redone there plates in the 2nd garage and can say whether they stick once you leave online? i'd like to know before i waste my time on the 2nd garage just for them to go back to normal everytime you leave online[/size]

I redid my TRUCKSTR plate on my regina in garage 2. Didn't stick. I did the D JUDGE plate on my coquette by putting it on another car first since you can't mod the new car in ifruit yet. I moved the coquette to garage 1 and the plate stayed. It's definitely related to the cars in garage 2 which unfortunately is the garage that had all my cars with individual custom plates.

Edited by blk95ta

xInfamousRYANx

has anyone redone there plates in the 2nd garage and can say whether they stick once you leave online? i'd like to know before i waste my time on the 2nd garage just for them to go back to normal everytime you leave online[/size]

I redid my TRUCKSTR plate on my regina in garage 2. Didn't stick. I did the D JUDGE plate on my coquette by putting it on another car first since you can't mod the new car in ifruit yet. I moved the coquette to garage 1 and the plate stayed. It's definitely related to the cars in garage 2 which unfortunately is the garage that had all my cars with individual custom plates.Move em then

Little more complicated than that. I downgraded from the 10 garage apartment at weazel to the 6 car house in vinewood hills. I'd have to swap properties 2-3 times in order to do it.

Sparky McWonderpants

You went outside the normal reach of the game to get a plate that not everyone had access to....you guys can not be surprised by this.

No, it was not hurting anyone, but its something that they felt needed to be fixed. Deal with it.

You went outside the normal reach of the game to get a plate that not everyone had access to....you guys can not be surprised by this.

No, it was not hurting anyone, but its something that they felt needed to be fixed. Deal with it.

Looks like it was an unintentional R☆ f*ckup. It will delete your legit plate too but only if the cars are in garage 2. Edited by blk95ta

Of all the sh*t going on in the game, R☆ takes the time to patch custom plates. I went into charles to put D JUDGE on my coquette classic (hardcastle & mccormick) and can't get it working. I go back to my garage and notice my BAN ONE plate is missing on my phoenix, KNIGHT on my ruiner, BOSS 1 on my manana and so on.

Ugh.

My custom plates are all still working, must just be you!

If you have more than 1 custom plate then yeah they should be removed. It's hard for people to come up with custom plates as most of the time it now says not availible as name already chosen, so if you have 3 or 4 different plates then it's freeing up something for others.

Sparky McWonderpants

Looks like it was an unintentional R☆ f*ckup. It will delete your legit plate too but only if the cars are in garage 2.

Haven't had an issue.

LadySuperioR

OOOOSSHHiiiEETt! They're resetting plates now? f*ck I had three custom:

Dubsta: OWNAGER

Vacca: 1ST LADY

Turismo & Adder: SUPERIOR

yLD9cT6.jpg

I'll be damned if they reset the one on my adder, it was unique. This Is much WORSE than a money wipe

Edited by LadySuperioR

BLACK DYNAM1TE

Same deal when I checked my 2nd Character garages: the first Original garage is okay and the changes where made only to the 2nd garage purchased. Weird, but hopefully theyll stick during reinstallation

AZZKIKR would have been more iconic imo

Con Air f t w

Probably, buf I'm a huge fan of hardcastle & mccormick and they did some pretty cool stuff with that car at the beginning of season 1 before the producers found out those cars are expensive to replace. I'm pretty sure they destroyed 2 of them between the over the camera jump in the pilot and tbe one that went off the edge of a pier into the ocean a couple episodes later during a game of chicken.

If you have more than 1 custom plate then yeah they should be removed. It's hard for people to come up with custom plates as most of the time it now says not availible as name already chosen, so if you have 3 or 4 different plates then it's freeing up something for others.

you aren't keeping others from using plates. You are just tricking ifruit to allow you to use a plate on your car that has already been taken. I had 11 different plates in addition to my legit one. Edited by blk95ta

Furry_Monkey

you aren't keeping others from using plates. You are just tricking ifruit to allow you to use a plate on your car that has already been taken. I had 11 different plates in addition to my legit one.

And that in turn stops someone else from using it. It's not about whether they've been used already - it's about the fact that they can't be used again.

I do agree with that point.

you aren't keeping others from using plates. You are just tricking ifruit to allow you to use a plate on your car that has already been taken. I had 11 different plates in addition to my legit one.

And that in turn stops someone else from using it. It's not about whether they've been used already - it's about the fact that they can't be used again.

no not true. with the glitch i'm talking about, you can use anyone's plate at any time. for example. my legit plate is BLK95TA. you could in theory use charles proxy to change your plate to BLK95TA to put it on your car even though i have already reserved it. I guarantee BAN ONE was taken long before i applied it to my car. the only way you might not be able to use your custom plate would be if you sent a request right after someone else but i doubt that is even the case.

xInfamousRYANx

The charles proxy intercepts the ifruit order and tricks the game. It doesnt reserve plates

The charles proxy intercepts the ifruit order and tricks the game. It doesnt reserve plates

yup. great feature. i really want to swap all my cars to my other garage and fix them but unfortunately that will require some apartment swapping. i have the $ but i just wonder if R* will hotfix the problem.

here's some of what i lost.

Rockford 853 OKG

0_0.jpg

McFly's truck. i forget the # since it wasn't custom per say, just random digits but i did copy the ones in the movie

0_0.jpg

Smokey and the bandit BAN ONE

0_0.jpg

Ferris Bueller's Day Off NRVOUS

0_0.jpg

TRUCKSTR on the family truckster, national lampoon's vacation

0_0.jpg

KNIGHT on my KITT ruiner from Knight Rider

0_0.jpg

the only 2 i have left are this A team van which luckily was in the garage that wasn't deleted since i can't bring this car in anymore. it's another number/letter combo plate

0_0.jpg

and the hardcastle & mccormick corvette i created earlier and put in garage 1.

0_0.jpg

• Like 1

yup. great feature. i really want to swap all my cars to my other garage and fix them but unfortunately that will require some apartment swapping. i have the $ but i just wonder if R* will hotfix the problem.

Would there be a license plate reversion if a hotfix were to be put in place?

I wonder. That would mean that there's record (in the cloud somewhere) of the original plates. But, wouldn't this bug have overwritten our previous plates (with the random ones) somehow?

Regardless, totally sucks.

Would there be a license plate reversion if a hotfix were to be put in place?

I wonder. That would mean that there's record (in the cloud somewhere) of the original plates. But, wouldn't this bug have overwritten our previous plates (with the random ones) somehow?

Regardless, totally sucks.

i mean a hotfix that keeps the plate from disappearing. i can recreate them myself. it will be kind of a pain but at least the 1 car i have that i can't mod in LSC (and thus can't change its plate) happened to be in garage 1 so it was safe. That one is the Burrito above.

I already overwrote all the plates anyway with my legit plate this morning thinking that was the problem. then i logged out and lost all of those too. it wasn't until later that i realized the problem was with garage 2 and that all my garage 1 plates were safe.

Edited by blk95ta

My custom plate has been missing from Michaels Tailgater in SINGLE PLAYER before this update. Yet other cars in Michaels garage still have FALLGUY on them. And it wont let me put FALLGUY back on Michaels Tailgater.

My custom plate has been missing from Michaels Tailgater in SINGLE PLAYER before this update. Yet other cars in Michaels garage still have FALLGUY on them. And it wont let me put FALLGUY back on Michaels Tailgater.

single player is simple. just mod the save file using save editor. that's how i created the custom A-team van and the family truckster (has extra luggage) above. the rest of the cars were legit MP cars except for the wingless phoenix and clean rebel with roof lights and brush guard wich were duped.

Edited by blk95ta

xInfamousRYANx

Its cuz mikes car and other protags are coded to have 5MDS003 FC1988 AND BETTY 32

MetalThrasherXtreme

Sorry to have to say this but you are only supposed to get ONE custom plate in game.

You were expecting them to leave this alone forever?

Kudos though to the OP for having a Ruiner with KNIGHT, sorry you lost that one.

Why is it a big deal that people had multiple? Did it affect you? Did it affect everyone else?

The odds of running into someone with the same plate as you are slim as can be.

These kinds of things are exactly what makes gamers turn against R*, because it's pointless and doesn't accomplish anything other than pissing off the players who had their plates taken away.

They'll go out of their way to do something like this but can't even make it so I can put a f*cking crew patch on the back of my leather jackets? That's that sh*t that pisses me right the f*ck off.

And no, I had no custom plates affected by this at all, all of my custom plates are from LSC in game, no outsourcing.

This is a new f*cking low for R*. Seriously I have rarely gotten upset with this game before. If they could do this, then they could revert all Yankton plates back to LS plates too I'd imagine. Then what's stopping them from resetting RGB color combos or removing hidden car colours you normally can't access in LSC? Collecting and modding cars was like 70% of the game to me. Like all 20 of my cars had custom combos and plates on them. f*ck. It's been a month since I touched my controller and I was thinking of trying the update today before I read this.

Edited by pokemon4ever

Furry_Monkey

no not true. with the glitch i'm talking about, you can use anyone's plate at any time. for example. my legit plate is BLK95TA. you could in theory use charles proxy to change your plate to BLK95TA to put it on your car even though i have already reserved it. I guarantee BAN ONE was taken long before i applied it to my car. the only way you might not be able to use your custom plate would be if you sent a request right after someone else but i doubt that is even the case.

Yes, I know how it works - you're not understanding me so I'll make it very clear.

1. You make a legit plate of KITTENZ
  2. You then change your mind and use a hack to change it to KITTEH
  3. You then think, "Nah f*ck it - I prefer the first one" and you change it back to KITTENZ

No-one can use KITTEH, the second one you had, unless they use one of the methods for cheating your orders from ifruit. So you have now made the licence plate KITTEH unavailable for legitimate players who do not use cheat/glitch/hack/whateveryouwanttocallit methods.

You understand now?

Correct me if im wrong, but using multiple custom plates is hurting people. Seeing as you're only allowed one plate legitamitely, you're taking up extra space.