2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.
Happy 25th Anniversary Grand Theft Auto!

Seriously R☆ my unique plates weren't hurting anyone

blk95ta

AgentExeider

OK I got Charles to work again, you have to use breakpoints to intercept the order before it gets sent.

Go into Charles -> Proxy -> Breakpoints.

In break points, Enable Breakpoints, hit Add, in the next window under Host type *rockstar* , so wildcard rockstar wildcard. check the REQUEST checkbox then click OK, Now disable breakpoints.

Go into the Ifruit app and get to the customize plate screen, make your changes and get to the order page where it says Confirm,

NOW REENABLE THE BREAK POINT, once you do that, then confirm the order, it will generate a ticket in Charles, but Ifruit will be still trying to send the ticket, and ultimately fail, doesn't matter.

Go into the ticket and edit it like normal when save the ticket.

Right click on the new ticket you have made and release the breakpoint by clicking the checked option "Breakpoints", then right click and then click "Repeat" which will resend the ticket, the edited ticket.

You will receive a alert in game to goto LSC to process your order.

This method is a little more drawn out, but from my understanding it's inherently unfixable because as far as the R*'s servers are concerned they have only received one request and that is YOURS. It can't tell where the request came from.

as far as overwriting you tickets with the other method, I think what R* did was have the server ignore other tickets with the same ID after the first one is received. This way, a ticket is generated but stopped before you actually send it, allowing you to edit it then send it along it's merry way.

I am working on getting all my plates back as we speak. Hope this helps everybody.

-AE

Edited by AgentExeider

Actually, you' don't need to do anything. All I did was continue what I did beforehand which was change the order numbers end digit by 2, so for example 347284230 would be 347284232 and it works.

Now even when this works it seems like R* f*cked up something else, I'm not even sure how they did it.

Your plates change, your plates on LSC changes to the one you set on Charles, your plates save, your plates work on other cars, they even save when you change lobby.

BUT, if you leave online and go back online, ALL the plates on that garage will revert back to random numbers. They aren't even the same numbers that were there the first time, they just keep changing every time you go online. It's f*cking insane how R* managed to f*ck that up, like how is that even f*cking possible?

I've officially quit. Unless they manage to fix or add content that actually means something by mid sept, I'll be selling my 360 alongside my GTA 5 copy and moving permanently to PC gaming.

WildBrick142

I haven't entered the garage nor used any cars yet. Hopefully the custom plates will stay, if not, well, I have nothing to lose really. Only one custom plate is not legit (sp2mp'd), though I'd be pissed off if it would go missing because apparently "R4CCOON" is a bad word and couldn't have it as a custom plate originally. :dozing:

LOL it keeps changing my plate every time I go online. I have not looked at any of my other vehicles yet to see if this has happened to them.

A game where there's constant swears and racism all the time, both in-game and online community, but god forbid anyone to put swears and racism and unharmful words in their license plate and crew name & insignia. Grand Theft Auto indeed.

• Like 1

AgentExeider

Actually, you' don't need to do anything. All I did was continue what I did beforehand which was change the order numbers end digit by 2, so for example 347284230 would be 347284232 and it works.

Now even when this works it seems like R* f*cked up something else, I'm not even sure how they did it.

Your plates change, your plates on LSC changes to the one you set on Charles, your plates save, your plates work on other cars, they even save when you change lobby.

BUT, if you leave online and go back online, ALL the plates on that garage will revert back to random numbers. They aren't even the same numbers that were there the first time, they just keep changing every time you go online. It's f*cking insane how R* managed to f*ck that up, like how is that even f*cking possible?

I've officially quit. Unless they manage to fix or add content that actually means something by mid sept, I'll be selling my 360 alongside my GTA 5 copy and moving permanently to PC gaming.

interesting I couldnt get it to work unless I used breakpoints to intercept the tickets BEFORE they were sent out. but hey what ever works. At least I tried to save the day...

Well on the plus side for me, I bought the second property for having a second hide out, so I will move my cars back to my first garage and fix their plates and not put them in the second garage.

Edited by AgentExeider

A Maned Wolf

I'm glad my first character garage is safe, I would murder someone if my "SE-30", "Citroen", and "F-Type" plates were gone.

Still pissed my "W212 AMG" on my schafter got removed.

Edited by A Maned Wolf

AgentExeider

I'm glad my first character garage is safe, I would murder someone if my "SE-30", "Citroen", and "F-Type" plates were gone.

Still pissed my "W212 AMG" on my schafter got removed.

If you move the cars back to your first garage you can put them back and they will stick.

Furry_Monkey

interesting I couldnt get it to work unless I used breakpoints to intercept the tickets BEFORE they were sent out. but hey what ever works. At least I tried to save the day...

Well on the plus side for me, I bought the second property for having a second hide out, so I will move my cars back to my first garage and fix their plates and not put them in the second garage.

The problem is that if you set the breakpoint before the request is sent then you will probably make it timeout whilst editing it, which is why bumping the ticket number up a bit usually works (it sees it as a new ticket and therefore not timed-out).

OK I got Charles to work again, you have to use breakpoints to intercept the order before it gets sent.

Go into Charles -> Proxy -> Breakpoints.

In break points, Enable Breakpoints, hit Add, in the next window under Host type *rockstar* , so wildcard rockstar wildcard. check the REQUEST checkbox then click OK, Now disable breakpoints.

Go into the Ifruit app and get to the customize plate screen, make your changes and get to the order page where it says Confirm,

NOW REENABLE THE BREAK POINT, once you do that, then confirm the order, it will generate a ticket in Charles, but Ifruit will be still trying to send the ticket, and ultimately fail, doesn't matter.

Go into the ticket and edit it like normal when save the ticket.

Right click on the new ticket you have made and release the breakpoint by clicking the checked option "Breakpoints", then right click and then click "Repeat" which will resend the ticket, the edited ticket.

You will receive a alert in game to goto LSC to process your order.

This method is a little more drawn out, but from my understanding it's inherently unfixable because as far as the R*'s servers are concerned they have only received one request and that is YOURS. It can't tell where the request came from.

as far as overwriting you tickets with the other method, I think what R* did was have the server ignore other tickets with the same ID after the first one is received. This way, a ticket is generated but stopped before you actually send it, allowing you to edit it then send it along it's merry way.

I am working on getting all my plates back as we speak. Hope this helps everybody.

-AE

I used the old method and was able to get TRUCKSTR on my regina again as a test. it was on there when i took it back into the garage, but as soon as i left the game and came back, the custom tag was gone. the plate style was there but not the numbers. it was generic.

All of these cars are in my second garage btw.

I guess if there's now a glitch with the second garage i could flip garages but that sounds freaking expensive. since i'd have to trade my 6 car house in the vinewood hills for richards majestic but since i already own it i'd have to buy a different one and then swap cars, then buy the correct richards majestic again, and then buy the 6 car in the vinewood hills again. ugh.

Edited by blk95ta

From an initial scan, it seems that all have been having issues with custom plates on vehicles in their second garage.

I, too, can confirm this, as one of my characters, with two garages, has the second one that had all "Blankton" plates, now with the random "two number-three letter-three number" template. That character's first garage has "Blankton" plated vehicles which are intact, but one vehicle's plate that was, shall we say, legitimately created via iFruit and Social Club, has reverted to some random plate.

I haven't attempted the suggested moving of second garage vehicle to first garage, but that sounds kind of interesting.

Friends have characters with only one garage that have not been affected, which leads me to believe that it is the second garage with the issues.

Edited by EKGene
  • Like 1

The_B1u3_Jay

Well that depends OP. Did you happen to have any fun or enjoyment out of changing your license plate?

;-)

Actually, yes. I got compliments all the time on my unique movie cars.

Well that's why it got reverted silly. You know you're not allowed to have fun in this game you silly goose.

• Like 1

yoloswag420xd

If my Yankton 'EXPLOITS' plate has been removed from my cars(or just my Entity XF, which I use the most), I will not play this game anymore...It took me so long to put the plate on all my cars, and i've had it since January!

So will redoing the 2nd garage's car plates stick when you leave online? Or is it not worth changing them again?

A game where there's constant swears and racism all the time, both in-game and online community, but god forbid anyone to put swears and racism and unharmful words in their license plate and crew name & insignia. Grand Theft Auto indeed.

actually you couldnt do that anyway, it would come back and say unacceptable or something and you have to use something they dont block, i dont know of any way to put whatever you want, i used ifruit/charles and it still had to pass the language filter.

It only affected one garage, my second garage where I lost my custom plates, is also the same garage where I have the 50k sell limit bug.

It only affected one garage, my second garage where I lost my custom plates, is also the same garage where I have the 50k sell limit bug.

pretty sure that happens to any duped car after an update or hotfix no matter what garage its in, lol! never save duped cars, sell them right away and then buy a real one if you wanna use it to bank money.

Cars weren't duped, I bought another Infernus to test my theory, even after all of the upgrades still had the 50K limit. What I did with that garage in the past though was the old rearrange method, where you had to purchase the insurance again after moving the car to the spot you wanted. I'm wondering if that f*cked it up, but either way I love every car in that garage, and have no desire to sell any of them.

Edited by SteveNYC81

has anyone redone there plates in the 2nd garage and can say whether they stick once you leave online? i'd like to know before i waste my time on the 2nd garage just for them to go back to normal everytime you leave online

BLACK DYNAM1TE

Might be a glitch, only the plates on my modded rumpo were changed, all my other cars plates are still intacted

edit: HOLY sh*t, only some plates remained, some where completey coverted back to number plates

Edited by BLACK DYNAM1TE

BLACK DYNAM1TE

All the plates in my main garage were cool, my 2nd apartment is ALL THE WAY f*cked up

I lost all my custom plates on second character's vehicles. It was a legit iFruit custom.

f*ck you C*. Every f*cking time there's an update, there's always money wasted unnecessarily on player's end.

• Like 1