GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Did you like The San Andreas Flight School Update?

mistermaster7

San Andreas Flight School   

379 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the update?

• Yes, the best update so far!
    • Yes, it is ok!
    • R* could have done better..
    • No, I don't like it at all.

mistermaster7

So now that 1.16 update is out, do you like it?

For me there is not much, maybe only Coquette Classic.

Most of this DLC is a huge disappointment for me, but at least the flight school isn't a direct copy paste from the single player. I got worried there at first, when it had the check next to it, saying I had already done it...

AnnaBanana64

Possibly the worse update ever. I'm hearing rumors about payouts being nerfed after R* said that payouts would be "increased", the lack of clothing and overpriced items. :(

• Like 1

Possibly the worse update ever. I'm hearing rumors about payouts being nerfed after R* said that payouts would be "increased", the lack of clothing and overpriced items. :(

It said, the payout would be priced on mission difficulty.

BewareoftheBears

And I heard they nerfed RR, greedy assholes at R* just want more kiddies to buy cash cards, punishing us legit players who grind rather than glitch.

What a joke.

Edited by BewareoftheBears
  • Like 7

Black Terminator

They made the planes in traffic school too fast. I keep failing Ground Level.

mistermaster7

RR only payed me only about 14500 when playing with 4 people, that sucks!

ShinobiFixer

I bought this game for its criminal aspect, not it's military flight simulation or call of duty cloning ass. C* is at it again with this bullsh*t.

• Like 3

SkylineGTRFreak

It is what it is, a FLIGHT SCHOOL update, which... well, adds flight school. It was intended as SP DLC in the first place, so quit moaning. I'm happy with the flight suits and more planes. One can never have enough planes (except you don't like planes xD) Coquette is a bit of a let down customization-wise...

BeatEmmmUpppp

I would have liked it better if the Bestra and The helicopter had guns.... The best part of the dlc is the car. Wasnt expecting much but was let down.

frackingtoasters

Best...update...ever! Unless you liked playing rooftop over and over, or have issuse maneuvering in 3d.

Cipher_Oblivion

All in all, it's decent, but not great. Some new clothing and weapons would have been nice, and i also would have liked to see a purchasable laser, or perhaps a few more planes and helicopters at least. For an entire update focused on flying, 2 planes and a helicopter seems a bit sparse. The new parachute options are cool though. The flight school itself was pretty fun, and a welcome addition to the game for anyone looking to brush up on their piloting skills (Especially with "Danger Zone" blaring on my laptop speakers while I played them lol). I do feel that R* went way overboard on payout nerfs. I'm glad Rooftop Rumble was nerfed, because i was tired of seeing that damn mission 9/10 times when i joined a contact mission, but it seems a lot of missions underpay now. I think a 200 or 300 percent boost in payout across the board might be in order, considering the prices of some of the things in this game. I really like a lot of the fixes, as some of the more egregious glitches were getting on my nerves.

Like I said, all in all, it's decent, but not great.

Edited by Cipher_Oblivion

Cant-B-Faded

When you finish flight school I guess the gates at the airport open for you? I haven't tried that yet...

Dan_Houser_Official

It added nothing useful

• Like 3

It's a great update. Rockstar hasn't promised 1.16 to be the messiah of GTA:O updates, and that's exactly what it's not.

It's a content update with some bug fixes and little gameplay improvements.

Criticising the content of the update is one thing, but complaining about what it's missing is stupid.

You don't buy a pistol and complain that it doesn't shoot rockets.

Yeah, I think things like heists should have been in the game by now. But just because that's not the case doesn't mean that this is a bad update.

It's even called San Andreas Flight School for crying out loud. The school's in, it unlocks a t-shirt and you can quickly raise your flying skill with it.

All the other stuff is just a bunch of extra's that, if you care about more air vehicles and such, you can be grateful for.

EDIT: The air vehicles and flight suit alone are worth it, IMO.

There's been no fighter jet (armed or not) available for purchase, so now everyone with disposable income and no interest to bother the jarheads at Zancudo can zip around the map with ease after ordering one. The chopper, though I haven't tried it yet, looks pretty cool and is great for the odd RP'er here and there.

I don't know what a regular player would do with an airliner capable of holding 16 players, but it's cheaper than the Titan and holds more players, so I'm sure it'll be bought by people. Especially those who like organising in-game events for (relatively) large groups of players and recording and uploading funny videos to various websites.

The flight suit, while fairly expensive, looks cool and is almost a must for anyone who spends a lot of time in the air.

Edited by BlackMilk

Tali vas Normandy

Not really.

Not surprised either as I new it would be disappointing

• Like 1

YAXQK18.gif

I like it, not got the hunter or hydra but the besra is fun to fly even if it is slower than the lazer and despite all you haters wishing there were more guns etc, i like the swift, too. stylish.
I dont care much for the car but it handles nicely.

R* definitely could have done better.

The DLC is lame imo. No Hydra, none of the new aircraft is armed, only 3 new clothes. I wasn't hyped, no one ever should be when R* announces a DLC, but expected more.

• Like 2

I like it, not got the hunter or hydra but the besra is fun to fly even if it is slower than the lazer and despite all you haters wishing there were more guns etc, i like the swift, too. stylish.

I dont care much for the car but it handles nicely.

Slower? I heard it was faster or at least that it can outmanouver the Lazer with ease..

EDIT: Just watched a comparison video and it does look like the Lazer is a bit faster, going straight ahead.

Seems a bit pointless to not make the Besra faster since it's unarmed. Being able to turn faster is nice, but that basically means you have to keep doing that until the Lazer pilot gets bored and leaves.

You'll have to actually chase the Lazer around to make sure he doesn't get a lot of distance and then just swoops in to kill you. While trying to fly away will result in getting killed easily as well.

Bit disappointing, but I'm probably gonna buy the Besra anyway once I have some disposable income for it. Seems like fun to fly and it's smaller too.

Edited by BlackMilk

It f*ckin sucked.

1 car, 2 useless planes and one helicopter.

No guns or clothes. (except the flight suit and the ugly flight cap.)

Christ, compared to business and high life update, this is a f*ckin joke.

• Like 2