GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

How do releases happen?

LehPhatGer-bear

LehPhatGer-bear

So I've been on to see one update come out, soon to be two. I saw the "High Life" Update come out, one of the first to drive the Zentorno. I didn't have wi-fi to see the "I'm Not a Hipster". But I can't remember how "High Life" got released... I just remember playing 'till 2:30 A.M., trolled the interwebs on the PS3, then my friend told me the Update was out, then downloaded.

So how do releases happen?

I know for me it might release at 3 A.M. (maybe), but what'll happen if I'm playing GTA at that time?

Will the game quit? Or do I just have to keep playing and quiting GTA in hopes the update screen will pop up?

No the game wont quit, you have to reload the game to get the update. Just keep looking at the forums. When you see it's out then you can reboot. It'll be in about exactly 2 and a half hours from now. More or less.

• Like 1

No the game wont quit, you have to reload the game to get the update. Just keep looking at the forums. When you see it's out then you can reboot. It'll be in about exactly 2 and a half hours from now. More or less.

Exactly 2 1/2 hours? More or less? Which is it?

LehPhatGer-bear

Alright, thanks!

But yeah, I'd say 2-3 hours 'till release.

Giantsgiants

It usually happens at 2 or 3 AM Pacific Time. I remember staying up past 2 AM and suddenly saw an influx of new threads on the forums about the Hipster Update. I rushed to my Xbox, and downloaded the update. Lo and behold, I was the first person to post the hipster cars in the Custom Rides and Garages Thread and I managed to create the Glendale Appreciation Thread.

LehPhatGer-bear

It usually happens at 2 or 3 AM Pacific Time. I remember staying up past 2 AM and suddenly saw an influx of new threads on the forums about the Hipster Update. I rushed to my Xbox, and downloaded the update. Lo and behold, I was the first person to post the hipster cars in the Custom Rides and Garages Thread and I managed to create the Glendale Appreciation Thread.

Cool! Thanks.

And another Appreciation Thread is all we need!