3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

purgedaccount365

GTA SA Mod Optimization?

purgedaccount365

I've been wanting to ask this question for a long time now, and here it is; How do people mod their GTA SA with hundreds of mods but run the game smoothly? I've really been wanting to know the secret, because I watch all of these videos on YouTube with these heavily modded GTA's and they have really low system specifications, lower then mine at least, and from the video it looks like it is running very smooth, and fluently. I don't know how they do this because when I install just a few mods I don't get this "Smooth" experience that they're getting. I don't even have a lot of mods installed either, so I don't know what the problem is, I have Silent ASI Loader v1.2, Stream Mem Fix, CLEO 4.3, and ModLoader v.1.15, and them are only directory mods to power the actual game mods themselves, here's all of my actual "Mods" that make a difference in game:

9xTYNgR.png?1

I don't understand why I can't "Optimize" my game, well, my mods. I'm running mods that these people can run without issues on their low end computers, and I have everything up-to-date driver wise so that's not even a problem, I don't have any malicious/viruses, nor do I have any un-needed background programs running. I don't get any lag on BF3, and other demanding games such as DayZ Standalone, etc.. So I don't know honestly why I'm getting lag on game that's from 2004 that has a few little texture mods and directx mods (ENB)... Please, can anyone give me answers?

Edited by Macrocious

Dash5155

here's all of my actual "Mods" that make a difference in game:9xTYNgR.png?1

I don't understand why I can't "Optimize" my game, well, my mods.

Okay here's what I've learned in my years of modding on my... thing. Its god awful. Not even worth calling a PC.

-ENB is a no-no for low end computers, despite what "ENB FER LEW END PEECEE" mods you find, its just not happening. Try ultrathing v0.26 instead. I find it easier that way anyway because the settings can be edited ingame

-Never ever install a car mod with a DFF file larger than 2mb. I mean it's harder to find car mods that fit this criteria because most car mod creators like to make superuubermegaultra detailed vehicles so there's usually a lot more unneeded polygons in them. If you want a list of vehicles I chose inbox me.

-IMVehFT - NO. I dunno what it is but I installed this and notice extreme drops in FPS when at least 3 cars are on the screen.

-Project_2Dfx - NO. Lags galore. Uninstall at once. Not meant for low end PCs.

You can actually take each fix individually. Uninstalling 2dfx and getting lower poly car mods (if you even have car mods) will give you immediate results. Getting rid of ENB and switching to ultrathing may help but that's only if its still at an unplayable level. Uninstalling imvehft (if you have this installed) would only improve performance if you experience lags/hangs when traffic spawns.

Overdose Effects will cause lags too but not as bad as the others. If your lags are still unplayable then simply uninstall that too

Let me know if I was helpful.

Edited by Dash5155

purgedaccount365

here's all of my actual "Mods" that make a difference in game:9xTYNgR.png?1

Okay here's what I've learned in my years of modding on my... thing. Its god awful. Not even worth calling a PC.

-ENB is a no-no for low end computers, despite what "ENB FER LEW END PEECEE" mods you find, its just not happening. Try ultrathing v0.26 instead. I find it easier that way anyway because the settings can be edited ingame

-Never ever install a car mod with a DFF file larger than 2mb. I mean it's harder to find car mods that fit this criteria because most car mod creators like to make superuubermegaultra detailed vehicles so there's usually a lot more unneeded polygons in them. If you want a list of vehicles I chose inbox me.

-IMVehFT - NO. I dunno what it is but I installed this and notice extreme drops in FPS when at least 3 cars are on the screen.

You can actually take each fix individually. Uninstalling 2dfx and getting lower poly car mods (if you even have car mods) will give you immediate results. Getting rid of ENB and switching to ultrathing may help but that's only if its still at an unplayable level. Uninstalling imvehft (if you have this installed) would only improve performance if you experience lags/hangs when traffic spawns.

Overdose Effects will cause lags too but not as bad as the others. If your lags are still unplayable then simply uninstall that too

Let me know if I was helpful.

My computer isn't Low-End. And, fact of matter here isn't that I lag galore, it's that I'm not getting smooth frame rates like I see people on YouTube getting with LOW END PC's compared to my Med-High-END PC.

Dash5155

My mistake. Where does your FPS drop?

My suggestions help get smoother frame rates in itself but it'd be easier to pinpoint the issue if it's directly related to certain issues.

Edited by Dash5155

purgedaccount365

My suggestions help get smoother frame rates in itself but it'd be easier to pinpoint the issue if it's directly related to certain issues.

When playing SA-MP I experience a bunch of crashes and game freezes, along with that being said, in Roleplay servers if I'm in towns I experience FPS drops.

TJGM

here's all of my actual "Mods" that make a difference in game:

Project 2dfx doesn't exactly require a decent computer to run.. my graphics card recently broke and I can't even run CSGO on my current setup, but I can run San Andreas with Project 2dfx at around 50FPS.

If the mod is killing your FPS, its probably because you have the draw distance of objects set to high in the IDE tweaker or the far clip is extremely high in the SA Draw Distance changer.

IMVF also doesn't require a super computer to run, if you get bad FPS with that then I don't know what to say, you're doing something extremely wrong.

When playing SA-MP I experience a bunch of crashes and game freezes, along with that being said, in Roleplay servers if I'm in towns I experience FPS drops.

Does this roleplay server spawn a sh*t ton of cars around the map; specifically in towns? If so, that's most likely the problem. Since vehicles in San Andreas seem to be pretty harsh if you haven't got a great CPU.

Edited by TJGM

Dash5155

With an unmodded game, the max FPS I get outside is 27FPS

I think its fair to say my PC is VERY low end. That's how I know which mods produce the slightest lag.

There you go. Play single player and see if it stays stable if so it's SA-MP related. More likely because too many cars/players on screen.

Edited by Dash5155

gajrajgchouhan

I've been wanting to ask this question for a long time now, and here it is; How do people mod their GTA SA with hundreds of mods but run the game smoothly? I've really been wanting to know the secret, because I watch all of these videos on YouTube with these heavily modded GTA's and they have really low system specifications, lower then mine at least, and from the video it looks like it is running very smooth, and fluently. I don't know how they do this because when I install just a few mods I don't get this "Smooth" experience that they're getting. I don't even have a lot of mods installed either, so I don't know what the problem is, I have Silent ASI Loader v1.2, Stream Mem Fix, CLEO 4.3, and ModLoader v.1.15, and them are only directory mods to power the actual game mods themselves, here's all of my actual "Mods" that make a difference in game:

9xTYNgR.png?1

I don't understand why I can't "Optimize" my game, well, my mods. I'm running mods that these people can run without issues on their low end computers, and I have everything up-to-date driver wise so that's not even a problem, I don't have any malicious/viruses, nor do I have any un-needed background programs running. I don't get any lag on BF3, and other demanding games such as DayZ Standalone, etc.. So I don't know honestly why I'm getting lag on game that's from 2004 that has a few little texture mods and directx mods (ENB)... Please, can anyone give me answers?

There computer seems to runnung gta sanandreas perfectly as they use fraps

mine gta sa runs at 40 fps but in videio recorded by frpas it runs on 60 fps that all is happening because of fraps

purgedaccount365

here's all of my actual "Mods" that make a difference in game:

Project 2dfx doesn't exactly require a decent computer to run.. my graphics card recently broke and I can't even run CSGO on my current setup, but I can run San Andreas with Project 2dfx at around 50FPS.

If the mod is killing your FPS, its probably because you have the draw distance of objects set to high in the IDE tweaker or the far clip is extremely high in the SA Draw Distance changer.

IMVF also doesn't require a super computer to run, if you get bad FPS with that then I don't know what to say, you're doing something extremely wrong.

Does this roleplay server spawn a sh*t ton of cars around the map; specifically in towns? If so, that's most likely the problem. Since vehicles in San Andreas seem to be pretty harsh if you haven't got a great CPU.

I'll try out singleplayer, but yes the RP servers I play on usually are packed and what not.

sociopart1

Bumping the old thread, but..
I can't find the way to make GTA SA stable with mods. 
Saw many YouTube videos where guys drop large mods (>3GB) into the game and it works smoothly and stable.
My game can handle only 10-15 min of free-roaming, then it show only LODs and then crashes.
I don't understand where is that SECRET to run it without lags XD.
I always install the game from original HOODLUM ISO image - it means that game version is correct.
Streaming memory fix doesn't help at all. It crashes and crashes AGAIN.
So, how you beat resource streaming (or "slowly loading textures") bug? 

P.S. If you are going to say that it's "already fixed", paste the link that contains the fix. 😁
Thanks in advance.

lol28
On 5/3/2019 at 5:05 PM, sociopart1 said:

Bumping the old thread, but..
I can't find the way to make GTA SA stable with mods. 
Saw many YouTube videos where guys drop large mods (>3GB) into the game and it works smoothly and stable.
My game can handle only 10-15 min of free-roaming, then it show only LODs and then crashes.
I don't understand where is that SECRET to run it without lags XD.
I always install the game from original HOODLUM ISO image - it means that game version is correct.
Streaming memory fix doesn't help at all. It crashes and crashes AGAIN.
So, how you beat resource streaming (or "slowly loading textures") bug? 

P.S. If you are going to say that it's "already fixed", paste the link that contains the fix. 😁
Thanks in advance.

You can try to use  4 gb patch for game exe file.

Gramps

Post your specs of your PC, and the mods you are using.

sociopart1
On 5/14/2019 at 9:18 AM, Gramps said:

Post your specs of your PC, and the mods you are using.

PC specs:
Intel Core i5-3470 @3.20 GHz 3.60 GHz
RAM: 8GB
VRAM: 1GB (Amd Radeon HD 5800)
Using LARGEADDRESS patch by Silent, IMG Limit Adjuster, 2DFX
Mods in the game: SAUR, Insanity Vegetation, HD peds, HQ original cars
No modloader (cause it waste more streaming memory), only imgs.

Weirdoutworld
5 hours ago, sociopart1 said:

PC specs:
Intel Core i5-3470 @3.20 GHz 3.60 GHz
RAM: 8GB
VRAM: 1GB (Amd Radeon HD 5800)
Using LARGEADDRESS patch by Silent, IMG Limit Adjuster, 2DFX
Mods in the game: SAUR, Insanity Vegetation, HD peds, HQ original cars
No modloader (cause it waste more streaming memory), only imgs.

You are using all of those texture mods WITHOUT mod loader?!?! That's probably your issue. In modloader folder, Create a folder models & inside a folder called gta3.img. Then put ALL of the txd/dff ect. files from the retex mods into that folder.

sociopart1
On 5/15/2019 at 6:50 PM, Weirdoutworld said:

You are using all of those texture mods WITHOUT mod loader?!?! That's probably your issue. In modloader folder, Create a folder models & inside a folder called gta3.img. Then put ALL of the txd/dff ect. files from the retex mods into that folder.

Yep. Modloader is MORE unstable then 3 img archives. 
Also, it's not a problem.
The main problem is 'streaming memory overhaul' when used memory = stream memory limit. Game crashes or starting to lag.

thalilmythos
1 hour ago, sociopart1 said:

Yep. Modloader is MORE unstable then 3 img archives. 
Also, it's not a problem.
The main problem is 'streaming memory overhaul' when used memory = stream memory limit. Game crashes or starting to lag.

Use modloader, it ain't more unstable, period, i've been modding since before modloader and it is NOT more unstable, everyone can tell you so, the only problem it has is that it crashes the user tracks radio station, nothing more, but even so, you can install any cleo mp3 player and have your own music in game, it's a must have.

Also i believe your problem is you don't have enough vram, for all you installed.

Weirdoutworld

I have thousands of files always being loaded through modloader & it runs fine...

Seeing what you said about modloader threw me off. I didn't even realize you only have 1gb of VRAM. That's not enough.

Edited by Weirdoutworld

sociopart1

Btw, streaming memory ISN'T a video memory! It's a location on RAM where the game writes textures.
I can agree with you about 1gb VRAM, but why i can run GTA4 and GTA5 without any problems, and can't run GTA SA? XD
Very interesting. 

thalilmythos
37 minutes ago, sociopart1 said:

Btw, streaming memory ISN'T a video memory! It's a location on RAM where the game writes textures.
I can agree with you about 1gb VRAM, but why i can run GTA4 and GTA5 without any problems, and can't run GTA SA? XD
Very interesting. 

Optimization or something?

I know GTA IV is optimized like sh*t.

Try installing your mods through modloader, and uninstall them one by one with that method, won't take you more than an hour, that way you can find out what is consuming your memory.

santosvagos

FIx this with modloader and use Fastman limit adjuster to adjust stream memory - 512mb of steam memory would be good enough .

sociopart1

Guys, you reccomend VERY unstable solutions.
I can't use modloader + FLA. It always crashes. IDK why. 
Modloader waste more stream memory -> game is not happy XD

23 hours ago, thalilmythos said:

Optimization or something?

I know GTA IV is optimized like sh*t.

Try installing your mods through modloader, and uninstall them one by one with that method, won't take you more than an hour, that way you can find out what is consuming your memory.

Main goal is optimize game for large mods, not deleting them!!! XD
By the way, i'll try that methods. Thanks. 

hachura38

Hey guys, I have GTA SA and I want to know if my computer can handle these mods, since their threads don't have any system requirements on them. The Srt3, the unlock hidden interiors, reworked safehouses interior, new guns sounds, and a new look for a couple of properties. My specs are:

1T of HD space, 8gb of Ram, intel core i5 which can go to 3.4 Ghz when connected to the power, and a nvidia Geforce MX110 2Gb.

Srt3 in particular mentions stuff like project_2dfx and memoryfix512. Do I have to install these too? I remember playing without the memoryfix and didn't see any problem.

Weirdoutworld

2DFX is not mandatory. It effects draw distance & lights (you can see Venturas strip lights from Los Santos rooftops). At night, an ultra preset of 2DFX lags my 4.2 i7 gtx1080.

Lots of HD textures will cause very slow loading & holes in the map without a memory fix. I also highly recommend MixSets & Skyline 24hour timecyc.

Edited by Weirdoutworld

santosvagos
5 hours ago, sociopart1 said:

Guys, you reccomend VERY unstable solutions.
I can't use modloader + FLA. It always crashes. IDK why. 
Modloader waste more stream memory -> game is not happy XD

Main goal is optimize game for large mods, not deleting them!!! XD
By the way, i'll try that methods. Thanks. 

That's weird . Did you download the latest version of modloader and FLA , right ?? If you did , the game should run fine . I got ton of texture mods and HD skins in my game and i never face any crash problem .

By the way , 2-2.5 gb is the limit of IMG files size . If your img file reach the limit  , your game will become unstable .

OG Freddy LOC
On 8/20/2014 at 3:51 AM, Dash5155 said:

On 8/20/2014 at 7:10 AM, purgedaccount365 said:

💬 FPS drops high latency this is the RPServers such a drag , game freeze 

some factors lie in your own wifi or bandwidth.

RAM consumption is directly interfering with the network upload speed of the multiple devices, PC to your combined  modem/router to your private local network.