4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Money Trick

dominion23

Go to solution Solved by Cracka.Brew,

Hi guys

Haven't played GTA V in a long while (bought on release) as a bug meant that i was stuck with no side/property missions after completing the story line.

I'm considering restarting the whole story IF the bug is not fixed, but only if the dive to get cash/switch character/switch back is not patched. Else it'll be a pain to grind the money back.

Anyone care to share?

anyone? :)

Please be a little more patient when waiting for an answer, double posting won't speed things up!

Edited by Barefoot Tiger

Lelouch The Zero

anyone? :)

No. It has been patched months ago, the only way to get money now is through a save editor or by beating the story and doing the assassination missions correctly (which isn't guaranteed so if you aren't very good at the stock market thing then you're gonna have a bad time). Sorry pal.

Edited by TensaZangetsu

If your uninstall the game completely.

Then reinstall the game and play OFFLINE only-- the game should NOT prompt to update the game and you can play without any patches applied.

If you do that, then the switching character trick should still work.

7744.png

"I want to design a video game where you take care of all the people shot in all the

other video games.... It's called Busy Hospital II" -- Demetri Martin

RIP BDP

Just uninstall the 1.16 patch. it works, I just got 1.5 million each. for both franklin and michael. I did max out the air stats first on both, but yes it works.

thanks guys!

did they patch the no more missions though?

if they didn't it wouldnt be so bad....

and one more question: how do I check with version I'm on, and how to uninstall patches?

• Solution

thanks guys!

and one more question: how do I check with version I'm on, and how to uninstall patches?

This is the one I used:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/634490-grand-theft-auto-v/67474487

But here is a text:

Delete the patch in the Game Utility folder on the XMB, it's above the Save Data folder.

When looking at the description of the files, find the one that isn't sized 7-8GB (this is the mandatory install). Find the one with the regular size, the same as your most recent patch.

There are 2 files in the game utility folder. 1 says GAME INSTALL and is a huge file, the other is like 58 MB or something like that. It also says 1.16. Thats the one to delete. Don't worry. It wont mess up any game save file. So when you start up GTA V it will say download 1.16. Hit O to skip that and not install it. Now you can go to the 2 hidden packages, and switch back and forth between the 2 characters. One is worth 25,000 each, the other is 9,000. I made 4 mill on one character, the other is above 3 mill. Gonna make a HUGE SCORE on the stock market when I start it.

thanks guys!

This is the one I used:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/634490-grand-theft-auto-v/67474487

But here is a text:

Delete the patch in the Game Utility folder on the XMB, it's above the Save Data folder.

When looking at the description of the files, find the one that isn't sized 7-8GB (this is the mandatory install). Find the one with the regular size, the same as your most recent patch.

There are 2 files in the game utility folder. 1 says GAME INSTALL and is a huge file, the other is like 58 MB or something like that. It also says 1.16. Thats the one to delete. Don't worry. It wont mess up any game save file. So when you start up GTA V it will say download 1.16. Hit O to skip that and not install it. Now you can go to the 2 hidden packages, and switch back and forth between the 2 characters. One is worth 25,000 each, the other is 9,000. I made 4 mill on one character, the other is above 3 mill. Gonna make a HUGE SCORE on the stock market when I start it.

Thanks a lot man! You're a life saver... I actually already did the stck market shi*s and had more than a billion or two in each account... That was like 2weeks after the game was released. THat was before the online play got activated, and after I started creating an online character that screwed my save game up and caused me to have no more missions :(

Im up to 10 million on both Trever and Michael. 8 million on Franklin. I will be hitting 10 tomorrow. And will be installing the patch when I am ready to do the stock market. I think that online messed up my original; game as well. It said 1 mission for Franklin, but could not find what ever that mission was. It drove me nuts. Glad this helped you with the patch thing. Cant wait to get my platinum trophy on this game finally.

I plan on completing the game thoroughly before installing the patch. So afraid for it to be messed up by online.

The missing mission drove me nuts too, especially since I was only lacking stranger and freaks, and property missions.

I'm not sure how I can get the online trophies though, barely touched online since my game scrweed up (which is barely a week after online play was released).

Please post if you have any of issues without any patches applied.... There have been anecdotal accounts that the first patch screwed up single player and everything is fine without any patches... My game skipped a mission about the time of the first patch.

7744.png

"I want to design a video game where you take care of all the people shot in all the

other video games.... It's called Busy Hospital II" -- Demetri Martin

RIP BDP