2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

if hydra and hunter are pay to win....

blk95ta

will you pay to unlock the hydra/hunter?  

237 members have voted

1. 1. will you pay real money to unlock the hydra and hunter?

• yes
    • no

In the speculation thread, it was hinted that the hydra and hunter may be unlockable once you complete flight school lessons. Those lessons may have to be purchased with shark card money ONLY (ie earned/glitched cash not allowed) essentially making the hunter/hydra pay to win. If this is true, will you be purchasing the lessons?

Edited by blk95ta

Arrows to Athens

I have gotten 3.5 million legit from grinding missions. And trust me you literally have to have no life to get even a million.

CatchMeTrolling

I have gotten 3.5 million legit from grinding missions. And trust me you literally have to have no life to get even a million.

You easily earn a million, the problem is spending.

The update will be free like all the rest so far. No shark cards required.

You're missing the point. They may be implimenting an old fremium classic. It's called putting desirable items behind a paywall which means you can only get them by spending real money.

The update will be free but it sounds like the missions contained in the update may not.

Edited by blk95ta

In the speculation thread, it was hinted that the hydra and hunter may be unlockable once you complete flight school lessons. Those lessons may have to be purchased with shark card money essentially making the hunter/hydra pay to win. If this is true, will you be purchasing the lessons?

I will take extra enjoyment in shooting them down in my FREE Lazer in that case...

This will not happen.

• Like 4

V HoneyBadger V

If they are really hard to use, and cost a lot...

Absolutely. The game is too noob-friendly. Any retard can use the current armed aircraft. This is the chance for Rockstar to give the die-hard fans something to set us above the rest. Old fans means more experience and skill.

Besides, I like when a game stimulates my brain and requires some focus.

I'm sorry, but this method of doing missions for sh*t money is going to make me slip into a f*cking coma. Cash Cards may save me lots of time and effort. I'm level 281 and Rockstar give me nothing to say "well done" or "thanks for standing by patiently and remaining loyal despite not being awarded or treated with respect, and instead inviting some glitching YouTube douchebag who gets paid to exploit the game."

Ah, Cash Cards have killed this game. But it may be the only choice.

Edited by V HoneyBadger V
  • Like 9

"Buy a $10 Shark Card for our tedious, unnecessary flight school lessons, and then two $20 Shark Cards for your new Hydra!"

...No.

• Like 3

Absolutely. The game is too noob-friendly. Any retard can use the current armed aircraft. This is the chance for Rockstar to give the die-hard fans something to set us above the rest. Old fans means more experience and skill.

Any retard can pay real money to unlock stuff...

• Like 2

I'm all for the aircraft being a couple million bucks but if you have to pay $20 for the flight lessons to unlock the ability to purchase those aircraft, i have a problem with that. The rumor is that the aircraft will each cost a few million but you have to complete the flight school lessons to unlock them and the only way to pay for the lessons is with real money, ie a paywall. Edited by blk95ta

CatchMeTrolling

It's a casual game, you'll never get that.

If the Hydra is beyond level 120 to unlock, the progression in unlocking it will also fatten my wallet, so there goes that idea!

Just when you thoughts posts couldn't get any more silly ...

Just to answer your question, is the tank a pay2win? And by pay, I'm talking about GTA$, no one is forcing you to buy shark cards

Think very carefully, why would they put an actual paywall up now?

Because they know everyone wants the hydra and hunter. They lost shark card sales due to the hooker glitches, hackers, etc. It's the perfect way to try to force people to spend money paying for flight lessons for the 2 aircraft people want most.

Edited by blk95ta
  • Like 1

The Lonesome Drifter

So?

A tank and buzzard are bought with GTA$ also. Money that equals up to just a little more than the value of a £10 shark card.

Does that mean buying them can also be considered "Pay to win" (even though I've never bought a sharkcard)?

I grinded like 950k for a Entity,What about that?

So?

A tank and buzzard are bought with GTA$ also. Money that equals up to just a little more than the value of a £10 shark card.

Does that mean buying them can also be considered "Pay to win" (even though I've never bought a sharkcard)?

You're missing one key piece. You don't have to have training to buy those and you can buy them with earned in game money.

They are speculating that the flight lessons required to unlock the ability to purchase the 2 aircraft will cost real money. You will still be able to use earned money to buy them but you may have to spend real money to unlock the ability to buy them, hence the paywall.

Edited by blk95ta
  • Like 1

L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV

Stupid ass thing, it would be better make a paid DLC instead

• Like 3

The Lonesome Drifter

So?

You're missing one key piece. You don't have to have training to buy those.

They are speculating that the flight lessons required to unlock the ability to purchase the 2 aircraft will cost real money.

Didn't R* themselves claim it's a free DLC?

If they did charge it would cause such an uproar that it would be made free in a week.

beavisandbutthead89

Because they know everyone wants the hydra and hunter. They lost shark card sales due to the hooker glitches, hackers, etc. It's the perfect way to try to force people to spend money paying for flight lessons for the 2 aircraft people want most.

Think really, really carefully, people are slowly making the move to next-gen and the GTA Online population is starting to shrink a bit, why would they risk negative PR? Hmmm?

So?

They are speculating that the flight lessons required to unlock the ability to purchase the 2 aircraft will cost real money.

If they did charge it would cause such an uproar that it would be made free in a week.

The DLC is free but one of the features in it may not be.

Believe me, I hope this is wrong. This is just a poll seeing how many people would pay real money to unlock the hunter and hydra in GTAO if it turned out to be true.

Edited by blk95ta

Did they f*ck. All of your post is just your own over-sensationalised speculation when you can't say for sure.

It's only lately that the Hydra and/or the Hunter came to our attention. Did you honestly think they cooked this DLC overnight let alone a month?

• Like 1

The Lonesome Drifter

So?

The DLC is free but one of the features in it may not be.

I don't get what you mean. If the DLC is free, it's FREE. If you mean the vehicles will cost GTA$, well duh.

SkylineGTRFreak

Are you trolling or just stupid?

• Like 3

Did they f*ck. All of your post is just your own over-sensationalised speculation when you can't say for sure.

It's only lately that the Hydra and/or the Hunter came to our attention. Did you honestly think they cooked this DLC overnight let alone a month?

Chill dude. I was merely trying to see how many people would pay to unlock the airc4aft if this turned out to be true. I really hope it's not true but I could see R☆ pulling something like this.

Where the f*ck has this idea kicked off from in the first place? I see a lack of sources and quite frankly there's nothing stopping Rockstar making you pay for this DLC but I don't think they would force you to fork over money to access gameplay or vehicles, separately. I also think this DLC will be free, because I fail to see anyone sourcing that Rockstar are legitimately doing this now.