GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

What is the best AR for damage and range?

Arrows to Athens

Arrows to Athens

I don't know why but from time to time my guns seem like they shoot sponge bullets. I'm using the Special Carbine and it takes so long to kill people. I am over 100+ and I die quite fast. What's going on here? And yes I do go for headshots but at mid range it's difficult to go for the head so chest shots are more likely. Literally their health bar goes down so slow.

Oh and once I had to shoot 3 heavy sniper bullets at a guy under level 100+ to finally kill him.

Edited by Fearx--

Body armor, ever heard of it?

That's what they're probably using, and for range I think the bullpup rifle has the best one

For me, I almost only use the Assault Shotgun these days.

With all the rolling and dodging, it's a crap-shoot when you engage someone with an equal weapon, it seems.

The Assault Shotgun is not only deadly as all heck, but it's just plain fun to listen to.

It's like listening to music made by an Assault Shotgun while you play GTAO and shoot other players.

It is.

0_0.jpg

• Like 1

Arrows to Athens

That's what they're probably using, and for range I think the bullpup rifle has the best one

Nope no body Armour. I'm not dumb. There is no blue bar on top of their heads when I shoot at them Plus Armour goes down really quick. I'm talking about Free roam.

bossofzeeland

i think the bullpup rifle has the best range

My favourite AR is the advanced rifle

Arrows to Athens

For me, I almost only use the Assault Shotgun these days.

With all the rolling and dodging, it's a crap-shoot when you engage someone with an equal weapon, it seems.

The Assault Shotgun is not only deadly as all heck, but it's just plain fun to listen to.

It's like listening to music made by an Assault Shotgun while you play GTAO and shoot other players.

It is.

0_0.jpg

I'm not cheap. You're not always going to engage in close range combats.

• Like 1

Advanced Rifle, and Carbine, but I prefer the Advanced due to the rate of fire it produces. R* turned the Heavy Sniper into a 7.62 pea shooter, compared to what the damage effect of a .50 should be.

• Like 3

I use the advanced rifle for mid-long range, then switch to the assault shotgun for close-mid range.

Honestly if you go around a corner and someone has an assault shotgun, you're dead.

Nope no body Armour. I'm not dumb. There is no blue bar on top of their heads when I shoot at them Plus Armour goes down really quick. I'm talking about Free roam.

I was more talking about the guy that you said survived 3 heavy sniper bullets

• Like 1

I go for headshot with the advanced rifle, and it seems to work really well. If someone starts rolling, just wait for them to get about 3/4 through the roll, and lock on to them again. I used roll a lot, but then I realized how easy it is to kill other 'rolling fanatics' if you just let them do all of their somersaults while you just wait for them to pop back up :D

Yeah, advanced rifle for me.

Arrows to Athens

I was more talking about the guy that you said survived 3 heavy sniper bullets

Same thing. He had no armour.

No blue bar shows up anyway when they have armour, trust me.

I felt like this for a while, done a few gang attacks with each and settled with the Bullpup, I find that with a slightest tap up with the left stick you get head shots soooo easily.

Bongsquirrel

Advanced for mid-long range and special carbine for mid-semi close range nad assault shotty close.

Advanced is the best!

Edited by Bongsquirrel

the nameless

For overall, I use the special carbine, if you want quick kills and are willing to sacrifice a bit of range, the gussenberg is my suggestion. Love that gun.

From what I can gather the Advanced is the best AR, however I don't like it as it's tiny and doesn't really look good with any of the tint options.

My preference is the Bullpup, I think it has slightly less damage than the Advanced but better rate of fire, which must count for something, and looks the best of the ARs especially with the platinum tint.

All the weapons perform horribly. But try the Bulpup rifle

They went from Max Payne 3 to this...

• Like 1

I only ever use the Advanced Rifle. Kinda regret wasting money on all the other weapons. I'm a hoarder.

I don't know why but from time to time my guns seem like they shoot sponge bullets. I'm using the Special Carbine and it takes so long to kill people. I am over 100+ and I die quite fast. What's going on here? And yes I do go for headshots but at mid range it's difficult to go for the head so chest shots are more likely. Literally their health bar goes down so slow.

Oh and once I had to shoot 3 heavy sniper bullets at a guy under level 100+ to finally kill him.

If I had to guess since your feeling it from time to time I'd say it's probably Internet lag.

Just play smarter.

If you are getting killed by ARs then you are not playing very smart & leaving the risk of dying quite high, because this Max Payne 3 system of shooting is garbage & does not reward reaction speeds like GTA 4 did. it comes down to lag, weapon choice & whoever rolls.

The number of times I have shot a dude in the face 10 times & somehow he gets the kills just boggles my mind, especially when on GTA we were untouchable. I could go back to that game right now & smash every non-modder on there because it came down to pure reaction speeds & thats what suited me.

On this game even noobs get kills with the rolling sh*t.

So I just play smart, use every weapon you need for each circumstance, use all the extra sh*t like a mugger to trap a guy in a spot for the free kill, off-radar, mercs. Doesn't matter how I kill you, all that matters is the scoreboard at the end.

• Like 2

I always go back to the Carbine. I try the others every time I read some stats or preferences from others but none seem to kill as quickly or effectively. Every other AR just seems to take longer to kill and gets me killed.

• Like 2