GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Rockstar Newswire on Wezeal News in-game?

Eyecandy

Hear me out. What if we had the newswire directly played to our game without having to go on the rockstar newswire, for some people that dont have access to a computer to check it out.

The game's servers are all on one time and they have the same radio stations playing for everyone else, (e.g) one guy on a server at 7:13 IGT would be listening to toro y moi on Worldwide FM whilst the another guy listening to the same station as guy A would hear the same thing vice versa. Now if we were to put a newswire broadcast in between commercials that would be good. My food for thought

Hate it, love it. I dont care, its just an idea.

All IGT on one server is the same for everyone else.

I'm not too sure. On one hand it would be cool to hear GTA V related news on the radio stations but on the other hand it just wouldn't make sense. It wouldn't fit into the story and world of GTA V.

Edited by Mathew442

I'm not too sure. On one hand it would be cool to hear GTA V related news on the radio stations but on the other hand it just wouldn't make sense. It wouldn't fit into the story and world of GTA V.

there is no story in gtao other than killing everyone in your sight.

That is a good idea.

However, you can still see the Rockstar Newswire in-game by going to Pause>Info>Rockstar Newswire

• Like 2

j4hhYw6.png

That is a good idea.

However, you can still see the Rockstar Newswire in-game by going to Pause>Info>Rockstar Newswire

It never updates. It always shows that god-damn Manual.

• Like 2

CrysisAverted

Sounds good

I would also like news teams reporting live on scene at times

Sounds good

I would also like news teams reporting live on scene at times

That you can watch live at your apartment. This would be awesome. I just hope we get to hear the infamous "Weezzal Newwss" voice over Online at one stage.

Would it be possible for them to add the Newswire itself as an in-game website, and it would update itself alongside the real-life Newswire? I think someone would have to update the in-game one every single time, which may require a title update every time, so maybe it wouldn't be as easy as it sounds...

The only gta "news" i have heard on the radio is....

Wait for it.......

Are you ready????????....

commercials for SHARK CARDS!!!!

• Like 2

I like this idea.

It just depends on how they do it. Most of the updates we are interested in are upcoming DLC additions. So they could be stories about how a car company like... "Vapid are expected to unveil an exciting new car next week" or something. A story about JoBuilt releasing details of a new fighter aircraft to help "free the sh*t out of" oil rich countries, etc. Could be fun.

Thelankymidget

I Really like that idea! But for me I wouldn't listen because radio is only there to make my 7 mile car rides a little less boring..

I like this idea.

It just depends on how they do it. Most of the updates we are interested in are upcoming DLC additions. So they could be stories about how a car company like... "Vapid are expected to unveil an exciting new car next week" or something. A story about JoBuilt releasing details of a new fighter aircraft to help "free the sh*t out of" oil rich countries, etc. Could be fun.

Well since you spin it that way, I think it could work. I was under the impression that the Newswire would be read as is. But I like your idea.

GTA-Freak-Vi

sounds like a swell idea :^:

That is a good idea.

Yea, they really need to update it.

sounds like a swell idea :^:

That is a good idea.

Yea, they really need to update it. i agree

How about mission events?

Say, someone did Rooftop Rumble so much, someone found it suspicious to see the same car and person every time and went to follow the person, you suddenly hear something on the radio about Martin and certain documents.

signature500x-e1644500940546.png

How about mission events?

Say, someone did Rooftop Rumble so much, someone found it suspicious to see the same car and person every time and went to follow the person, you suddenly hear something on the radio about Martin and certain documents.

people do so much of RR thats what it will probably always be. Now maybe if we had a eery document that was delivered to el rancho (Lester's house) would make a lot more efficient because no one does his missions anymore lol. But it would only play if a player was near the house and on commercial.

LOL @ everyone totally ignoring the post which explains that you can already access the Newswire in game.

Anyway, no thanks to the idea, it's immersion breaking to have reality interfere with fiction.

also, it would only update while you load online. it wouldn't update during a session. same as when hotfixes come out, they don't auto-load, you'd have to exit and return to see the update. which most people wouldn't log out/in to get the update unless they already found out an update existed... from newswire updates... catch22

also, relevant newswire update information can already be seen during load screens.

Edited by dvntsvnt

LOL @ everyone totally ignoring the post which explains that you can already access the Newswire in game.

Anyway, no thanks to the idea, it's immersion breaking to have reality interfere with fiction.

rockstar has it glitched where it just shows the manual, apparently you are the only who missed the post explaining the game bug.

• 1 month later...

Im going to bump the thread for new members curious as to looking into this thread. I was recently playing SAMP and in some of the RP servers you can have a radio that everyone listens to as in a custom playlist of randomized songs that play for everyone. Just feel like everyone should see this thread back up for a bit more. Hopefully...

Edited by Eyecandy

Especially if they are commercials similar too the flight school update. A announcement for the heist update could be a weazel breaking news story of a bank robbery by guys with pogo masks.

I would also love if they would add a bit more of a storyline aspect too online other than the amassing of wealth, whether it's using a faction based gameplay or whatnot. The first 15 ranks start the engine running but then it's kinda left in idle.

Charles_Lee_Raye

The only gta "news" i have heard on the radio is....

Wait for it.......

Are you ready????????....

commercials for SHARK CARDS!!!!

And about the sh!tiness of cloud computing.. dont forget that one!