Auto prune locked threads (see inside)

Franceska

I've been wondering if we can have an auto prune system that doesn't affect pinned threads.

Leaving locked threads forever in a section where it's not that busy creates a bit of a mess.

It's possible to detect if the thread is pinned, and make an exception for that.

So is it possible to have an auto prune system that soft deletes locked threads after 30 days (soft meaning a moderator can restore if necessary)?

E:

I just woke up, don't blame me for the title ;-;

signature500x-e1644500940546.png

universetwisters

>insife

I don't think this is too good of an idea, especially since if I wanna look up something like say, prespeculation on an older game or something like that, I wouldn't be able to see it. Not only that but many times when I almost made a thread for something, I ended up searching it and I found the answer in a locked thread from a year or so ago.

• Like 2

sTgL5iS.png

I don't think this is too good of an idea, especially since if I wanna look up something like say, prespeculation on an older game or something like that, I wouldn't be able to see it. Not only that but many times when I almost made a thread for something, I ended up searching it and I found the answer in a locked thread from a year or so ago.

Pretty sure this won't be that much of an issue in sections where it's not that popular where there's always someone who makes a new thread about the subject because they can't use the search option / don't care looking if it's already covered.

signature500x-e1644500940546.png

universetwisters

Pretty sure this won't be that much of an issue in sections where it's not that popular where there's always someone who makes a new thread about the subject because they can't use the search option / don't care looking if it's already covered.

But if they use the search option, they might be able to find the answer they were looking for from an old thread. It beats the alternative, like the same question being asked every few months

sTgL5iS.png