That New Audi Commercial

QuackinAColdOne

QuackinAColdOne

As a BMW guy, I must say that I was a little pissed when I saw the new Audi commercial while watching Top Gear.

It showed an Audi driver paying for a woman's toll at a tollbooth, letting a truck driver in front of him at an intersection, and slowing down while approaching a puddle so he wouldn't spray anybody at a bustop..

Then, in the next scene, it showed a BMW plowing straight through the puddle and spraying the people. It didn't have the BMW emblem on the front but, you could tell by the kidney grill. It makes sense, too, because of that billboard rivalry that BMW and Audi had a while back.

What do you think? Am I too sensitive about it?

Edited by gagemb9918

Your reaction is hilarious.

Surely you can't be serious?

Edited by Marwin Moody

L71cGcK.png

Anyone got a link for the ad?

also BMW drivers are jerks, everybody knows that.

Edited by IanE55

image.png

twitter // instagram // #KB43VER

QuackinAColdOne

Anyone got a link for the ad?

I would provide one but, I have terrible internet service on my phone right now.

universetwisters

I tried to look it up on youtube, but I couldn't find it. Either way, you're getting too worked up over a commercial. There's nothing wrong about a BMW splashing people in a commercial about Audis and you are way too oversensitive about it.

sTgL5iS.png

QuackinAColdOne

I tried to look it up on youtube, but I couldn't find it. Either way, you're getting too worked up over a commercial. There's nothing wrong about a BMW splashing people in a commercial about Audis and you are way too oversensitive about it.

It's not that, but they made the BMW driver look like an asshole compared to an Audi driver. But, I guess you're right, I did get too worked up.

universetwisters

It's not that, but they made the BMW driver look like an asshole compared to an Audi driver. But, I guess you're right, I did get too worked up.

Most luxury car drivers in general I've met were assholes, not only that but that's the stereotype around here, that those luxury car guys are general all round assholes.

sTgL5iS.png

I surely am

Are you seriously taking offense from auto-manufacturer rivalry? Go outside, man! Re-evaluate your priorities in life, jesus

Edited by Marwin Moody

L71cGcK.png

QuackinAColdOne

I surely am

Are you seriously taking offense from auto-manufacturer rivalry? Go outside, man! Re-evaluate your priorities in life, jesus

Calm down, bud. I probably get outside a lot more than you. I already admitted in a previous post that I got a little too worked up, but like I said, I like BMW a lot.

universetwisters

I surely am

Calm down, bud. I probably get outside a lot more than you. I already admitted in a previous post that I got a little too worked up, but like I said, I like BMW a lot.

Let's look at it this way: I like trains, but I don't feel the need to go on the internet to complain about a commercial stating that air travel is better than train travel.

sTgL5iS.png

QuackinAColdOne

I surely am

Let's look at it this way: I like trains, but I don't feel the need to go on the internet to complain about a commercial stating that air travel is better than train travel.

Well.... air travel is better... but I see what you're saying.

universetwisters

Well.... air travel is better... but I see what you're saying.

Not if you're going to transport large quantities of freight.

But yes, it is a bit silly to get worked up over an advertisement, But then again, that's what nearly every post in this thread was literating.

• Like 1

sTgL5iS.png

Gnocchi Flip Flops

lol

Get a sense of humor.

Both Audi and BMW have pricks that drive them, so i'm not offended at all lol.

• Like 2

Gnocchi Flip Flops

I'm not gonna lie, RS5 owners have the tendency to take up two parking spaces.

• Like 2

Both Audi and BMW have pricks that drive them, so i'm not offended at all lol.

This. Except Audi douches think they aren't douches.

• Like 2

9H7Sj34.jpg

The day I see an M5 not going over the speed limit/refrain from using indicators/drive straight up into my asshole/honk at bicyclists aggresively/disregard roudnabout rules will be the day hell freezes over

• Like 2

L71cGcK.png

QuackinAColdOne

The day I see an M5 not going over the speed limit/refrain from using indicators/drive straight up into my asshole/honk at bicyclists aggresively/disregard roudnabout rules will be the day hell freezes over

My hockey teammate drives an M5 and he's pretty cool and easy going. On the other hand, my other teammate drives an X1 and he gave one dude the finger for not letting him over to the other lane.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

There was an M5 around my neighborhood a few weeks ago that was quite easy going. The Sakhir Orange one I saw in Alamo Heights however was speeding like a bat out of hell.

To add another m5 experience: My last ex-girlfriend's dad drove an M5 - He drove me home one time and hit 120 in a 30-zone. It's strange how powerful 4 doors make people become complete dickweeds(Tesla, Audi, and BMW drivers are the worst based on my own experience)

L71cGcK.png

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

I saw the ad you're talking about a few days ago. I knew it would piss off some BMW drivers/fanatics.

Truth be told, no matter what car I'm behind the wheel of, if I see a large puddle and some people nearby then I'm going to splash them.

• Like 1

Well lets face it, Audi drivers could probably use a bit of positive PR. I guess their marketing department figured it out. About 10 years after the rest of us. But at least they have a sense of humor about it.

• Like 2

It makes me wonder what kind of person lets their smugness influence their decision to buy a £28,000 car.

9H7Sj34.jpg

Gnocchi Flip Flops

f*ck this thread. No joke, I had a nightmare about an Audi A6 tailgating me and my mother like a mad man. He was practically chasing us and we almost crashed and got ran off the road. It was scary. :*(

• Like 2

f*ck this thread. No joke, I had a nightmare about an Audi A6 tailgating me and my mother like a mad man. He was practically chasing us and we almost crashed and got ran off the road. It was scary. :*(

Don't worry Sting, when I'm driving my Audi S6 in the future I'll be nice to you.

• Like 1