GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

The origin of the whitewall tire.

MisterMagnifico1

MisterMagnifico1

Hello everyone! Please forgive me if I do any "bads" as this is my first topic on the GTA Forums.

Ever since GTA Online launched many people have been complaining about the distastefulness of whitewall tyres and questioning why idiotic $w@gers put them on their cars.

Ladies and Gentlemen,I give you the origin of the whitewall tyre:Luigi Tells You What White Wall Tires Say:

Edit:Just to avoid any arguments I'd like to say that I know that whitewall tyres look suitable on lowriders and classic cars but I'm trying to emphasise the mindset of the average YOLO $w@ger who thinks that this is what they're saying when they put white walls on every single one of their cars regardless of whether it's suitable or not.

Please don't kill me :D

Edited by MisterMagnifico1

juantrapriguez

And now we know.

AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE!

Edited by Demetri_FTO_1.

QuackinAColdOne

You put them on classics like the Tornado, Peyote, etc. Not the f*cking Adder or the Zentorno.. end of story.

MisterMagnifico1

You put them on classics like the Tornado, Peyote, etc. Not the f*cking Adder or the Zentorno.. end of story.

Apparently Disney thinks quite the opposite and morons follow in their footsteps.

Apparently Disney thinks quite the opposite and morons follow in their footsteps.

They follow youtubers who want chromed trains... seriously, there is a spanish guy who said that...

• Like 1

eutxizW.gifeutxizW.gif

Whitewalls are f*cking beautiful. On the right car of course. If you put them on a supercar, you are a twat. They belong on the older cars such as the Tornado. They are classic, but have been dragged through the dirt by idiots on GTAO.

MisterMagnifico1

They follow youtubers who want chromed trains... seriously, there is a spanish guy who said that...

Might as well get ready for chrome Titans and eventually...chrome characters.

• Like 2

Occasional modern cars have them which is very unbearable.

ABSOLUTELY EVERY modern motorcycle I've seen so far had white walls.

It gave them an immense bad name.

I remember the first month of GTA, I thought of them as being very classy and of course I refused to put them on anything modern since it wouldn't work so then I was determined in obtaining a vintage vehicle to apply them which is why I later decided to keep a Manana.

Today I look at them, being mostly applied to modern vehicles. Their shine being worn off and it's the playerbase that killed it.

I take it that the amount of them being applied on modern cars would be reduced significantly if R* permanently deleted dollar rims.

Edited by Zorvaine
  • Like 4

MisterMagnifico1

Whitewalls are f*cking beautiful. On the right car of course. If you put them on a supercar, you are a twat. They belong on the older cars such as the Tornado. They are classic, but have been dragged through the dirt by idiots on GTAO.

And what better way to emphasise that than with a video that shows how unsuitable they are on a sports car and emphasises the fact that immature children who do nothing but poison the community are some of the people that put them on the wrong cars!

And what better way to emphasise that than with a video that shows how unsuitable they are on a sports car and emphasises the fact that immature children who do nothing but poison the community are some of the people that put them on the wrong cars!

I don't know if you have seen the whole film that the video came from, but it had nothing to do with kids putting whitewalls on their "Swag-mobiles".

They look good on the Peyote IMO.

image.png

twitter // instagram // #KB43VER

MisterMagnifico1

I don't know if you have seen the whole film that the video came from, but it had nothing to do with kids putting whitewalls on their "Swag-mobiles".I've watched Cars aroind 3 times quite honestly.

I know how the whole movie goes but what I tried to do was emphasise how distasteful modern cars are with inappropriate whitewall tyres and what idiots that put them on modern cars think they are saying when they put them on every single one of their cars regardless of how well it suits the car and also jokingly refering to the fact that a large portion of annoying and rude children put them on their cars by this being a scene from a movie directed towards children.

Just trying to say something in a humorous way that I thought people would like and maybe even slightly laugh at it.

I don't know if you have seen the whole film that the video came from, but it had nothing to do with kids putting whitewalls on their "Swag-mobiles".
I've watched Cars aroind 3 times quite honestly.

I know how the whole movie goes but what I tried to do was emphasise how distasteful modern cars are with inappropriate whitewall tyres and what idiots that put them on modern cars think they are saying when they put them on every single one of their cars regardless of how well it suits the car and also jokingly refering to the fact that a large portion of annoying and rude children put them on their cars by this being a scene from a movie directed towards children.

Just trying to say something in a humorous way that I thought people would like and maybe even slightly laugh at it.

Ahk rightio, I took your post in a literal manner without realising the humour in it.

Also, I loved that movie when I was younger. It came out when I was about 10 and I watched it quite a few times. I'm sure even to this day it would be a great movie.

Edited by Mathew442

MisterMagnifico1

Ahk rightio, I took your post in a literal manner without realising the humour in it.

Also, I loved that movie when I was younger. It came out when I was about 10 and I watched it quite a few times. I'm sure even to this day it would be a great movie.

I edited some stuff In in order to avoid any further misunderstandings.

Cars definetly was a nice movie and I was actually surprised at the huge amount of complaints about inappropriately placed whitewall tyres that did not include this video so I thought that this was due :)

I edited some stuff In in order to avoid any further misunderstandings.

Cars definetly was a nice movie and I was actually surprised at the huge amount of complaints about inappropriately placed whitewall tyres that did not include this video so I thought that this was due :)

All good man. It was actually that movie that introduced me to whitewalls. I thought they were really cool, and being that all this "Swag" sh*t wasn't around (not for me anyway) back then, I always knew what kind of cars they belonged on. Classic cars from the 40's, 50's and 60's.

Here's the real origin of the whitewall tire: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitewall_tire

The use of whitewall rubber for wheels has been traced to a small tire company in Chicago called Vogue Tyre and Rubber Co that made them for their horse and chauffeur drawn carriages in 1914.[1]

Early automobile tires were made of pure natural rubber with various chemicals mixed into the tread compounds to make them wear better.[2] The best of these was zinc oxide, a pure white substance that increased traction and also made the entire tire white.[2] However, the white rubber did not offer sufficient endurance, so carbon black was added to the rubber and greatly increasing tread life.[3] Using carbon black only in the tread produced tires with inner and outer sidewalls of white rubber. Later, entirely black tires became available, the still extant white sidewalls being covered with a somewhat thin, black colored layer of rubber. Should a black sidewall tire have been severely scuffed against a curb, the underlying white rubber would be revealed; it is in a similar manner that raised white letter (RWL) tires are made.

Not to insult anyone, just for anyone who want's to know. :cookie:

• Like 2

matajuegos01

Apparently Disney thinks quite the oppositeb and morons follow in their footsteps.

Might as well get ready for chrome Titans and eventually...chrome characters.

I chromed a lazer, it looked normal, but then I gold painted the lazer, it looks awesome

#KeepLeviBanned

#RestInPeaceXYN

#IchLiebeDichBitch

#FarewellUGotSmokedWeWon'tMissYou

#GoodbyeDan30CalSeeYouInHell

There is a difference in White sidewall and Whitewall tires

Whitewall tire White sidewall tire

235-55r17_99h_whitewall_1.jpgamerican-classic-wide-whitewall-tall-pro

I'd like a whitewall option in GTAO, some redlines as well

8251d1242497810-need-opinion-redline-tir

Edited by jcph3

Jesus Christ....does it really f*cking matter what car they it goes on? It's there for a reason. IF people want them on their Chradder, then who cares? Does it affect you? Does it matter? I choose not to use them, because I personally don't like white walls unless they're on my Manana or Tornado. But it's pointless to whine to someone over their tire choice when you think about it. If I get hate for this, then fine. But people, who cares? It's just tires.

streetx1xracer

Jesus Christ....does it really f*cking matter what car they it goes on? It's there for a reason. IF people want them on their Chradder, then who cares? Does it affect you? Does it matter? I choose not to use them, because I personally don't like white walls unless they're on my Manana or Tornado. But it's pointless to whine to someone over their tire choice when you think about it. If I get hate for this, then fine. But people, who cares? It's just tires.

How do you find the butthurt human? They tell you.

People in the 50s used that. That's why this Custom Tyres is categorized under Lowriders, which is the classics.

932_1hudson_classic_car_black___white.jp

classic-old-cars-desktop-wallpapers-fres

Not because of Cars animation.

Edited by luisniko

People in the 50s used that. That's why this Custom Tyres is categorized under Lowriders, which is the classics.

Custom tires is an option under every group of tires, in Low riders it will give you the white sidewall or classic white wall. The others will give you raised white letter, red letter, redlines (sorta), etc....

I put white walls on my Tornado and other fitting cars. I also like putting them on my garage full of "joke" cars, like the Merryweather Mesa and my Youga. It's all about taste and purpose :))

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Custom tires is an option under every group of tires, in Low riders it will give you the white sidewall or classic white wall. The others will give you raised white letter, red letter, redlines (sorta), etc....

He said "this" custom tires = white walls categorized under Lowriders. Had a hard time seeing that as well.

• Like 1