1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Server Locations

Kaito Katsumi

I want to know the server locations of GTA ONLINE, anyone knows? I live in singapore, and i would hate it if there was lag.

Edited by Kaito Katsumi

The game is divided into 3 servers

Europe, United States and surronding areas, and Aus/Asia

There is atleast one homebase where the servers are. Such as in CoD

If you lice one of these area's, chances are you'll play with someone in the same region and the rare occurance if an outsider.

It's like CoD.

not really a server like there is for CoD or Battlefield, this is more peer to peer, it only accesses the server to retrieve and save character info, you arent connected to one while you play. only to whomever you playing with, and one of you/them is the host. handy picture explaining it in this thread, page 4. http://gtaforums.com/topic/692081-fixing-lag-issuesconnection-timeouts/page-4

Edited by sultangris

When I read the title to this topic, I thought that this was going to be an angry post about all the network/server issues that we've all experienced too many times, followed by the requisite, "I'm going to take an axe to them," or something.

All I know is that Rockstar does have tech support people in Singapore, as my support ticket video's analytics show. (Singapore is the only other country besides the U.S. that that particular video has views from.) Pay is less, perhaps.

Edited by EKGene

No worries i ain't some bitching complaining king, i just hope that someone says that there is a server location around me. I'm satisfied now. Now i know i will buy GTA V for PC haha

• Like 1

No worries i ain't some bitching complaining king, i just hope that someone says that there is a server location around me. I'm satisfied now. Now i know i will buy GTA V for PC haha

Enjoy!

When I read the title to this topic, I thought that this was going to be an angry post about all the network/server issues that we've all experienced too many times, followed by the requisite, "I'm going to take an axe to them," or something.

All I know is that Rockstar does have tech support people in Singapore, as my support ticket video's analytics show. (Singapore is the only other country besides the U.S. that that particular video has views from.) Pay is less, perhaps.

support tickets video analytics? whats that? pretty much every company in the US outsources its telephone support to other countries cause its much cheaper to pay them, thats why if you call most places you get some smuck with an american name who has an indian accent and you can hardly understand what hes saying, haha! Very few companies pay top dollar for american workers, sometimes they will have a few but the majority is overseas where it costs them a fraction of the price.

I want to know the server locations of GTA ONLINE, anyone knows? I live in singapore, and i would hate it if there was lag.

The game servers are located in New York, New York, USA

So you're gonna play with players from your continent?

ive been matched with players from every continent, actually. seems like i get more foreigners than americans for some reason.

support tickets video analytics? whats that? pretty much every company in the US outsources its telephone support to other countries cause its much cheaper to pay them, thats why if you call most places you get some smuck with an american name who has an indian accent and you can hardly understand what hes saying, haha! Very few companies pay top dollar for american workers, sometimes they will have a few but the majority is overseas where it costs them a fraction of the price.

I had submitted a support ticket regarding a gameplay issue a while back, and Rockstar asked for video evidence. I captured the issue and uploaded it to YouTube as a private video, providing the link to only Rockstar Technical Support.

There is a section which shows the analytics for each uploaded video. Here, you can pretty much look up the statistics for your uploads and such.

It's just that I noticed the views for my support ticket video had originated from only two countries, the U.S. and Singapore, and it's really just a long story about the mishandling of said support ticket, so I won't get into it here.

Edited by EKGene

ive been matched with players from every continent, actually. seems like i get more foreigners than americans for some reason.

I'm only getting matched with Austrians or Germans.

Sometimes people from the UK and France..

I mean it would reduce lag right? And i can avoid racists. :(

In theory, but not necessarily, your next door neighbor could be running torrents maxing out his connection and that would lag if you were playing against him, lol!

I'm only getting matched with Austrians or Germans.

Sometimes people from the UK and France..

im getting lots of frenchies, few germans and uk, some austrailians and spanish or mexican, not sure but they dont speaka de englesh anyway, lol! very few americans, i think most of us/them quit playing cause the games so f*cked up, haha!

• 6 years later...
IlIlllIlIIllIIIlIllI

GTA 5 Online Regional Servers :

North America West

North America East

Europe

South America/Africa

Middle East/Asia

Japan

Oceania

On 8/16/2014 at 11:28 PM, Kaito Katsumi said:

I mean it would reduce lag right? And i can avoid racists. :(

My country USA is the most racist on the planet so playing nearer to you is your best bet.