3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Nick1020

What's your opinion on GTA YouTubers?

Panashe M. Sinclaire

Most are so awful it's embarrassing that they get review copies fort upcoming video games. Can you give a game to someone semi competent, and doesn't have an obnoxious voice to reach a demographic of prepubescent idiots? No? Anyone?

Sad.

Edited by Panashe M. Sinclaire

SpatchCock
On 12/5/2018 at 11:43 PM, Panashe M. Sinclaire said:

Most are so awful it's embarrassing that they get review copies fort upcoming video games. Can you give a game to someone semi competent, and doesn't have an obnoxious voice to reach a demographic of prepubescent idiots? No? Anyone?

Sad.

This Mother Fu*ker right here, he hurts my mind he's so awful. The lickspittle subscribers and supporters in the comments section are so far beyond stupid they make me want to punch the internet.

Here's another one.

This is how it's advertised on youtube.

*NEW* GET 51K in UNDER 1 MIN!! - GTA 5 MONEY GLITCH Method 1.45 FAST SOLO GTA 5 Online MONEY [GTA V]

Edited by SpatchCock

HamwithCheese

More like scam squad.

CaptainMarvel
On 12/8/2018 at 5:11 AM, SpatchCock said:

This Mother Fu*ker right here, he hurts my mind he's so awful. The lickspittle subscribers and supporters in the comments section are so far beyond stupid they make me want to punch the internet.

Here's another one.

This is how it's advertised on youtube.

*NEW* GET 51K in UNDER 1 MIN!! - GTA 5 MONEY GLITCH Method 1.45 FAST SOLO GTA 5 Online MONEY [GTA V]

But you’re only helping these slapnuts by posting the vid. I almost accidentally gave them another view. 

Frae

I used to watch GypsyBroughy1322 and GTA Series Videos unfortunately they've moved to Red Dead Redemption.

I'd love to find new more "Guides" or "Tips"-oriented YouTubers though !

kcole4001

The Professional is consistently pretty good for guides.

The only issue I have with him is that he is constantly pushing the "sell in full lobbies" crap, saying if you have to quit the session "you only lose a little stock".

The problem is, the next time you try and sell in a full lobby, BOOM, you're going to have the same chance of getting your stuff blasted.

You never get back the time and product wasted , and with regard to bunkers, there's really no benefit to waiting until it's full.

Much better to sell in safe lobbies: gather some friends and reap the bonus, or make a solo lobby and just get on with it.

Edited by kcole4001

AndyC-M

For the past few months, i've watched quite a lot of youtube on the gaming and fitness communities, i've watched a lot of rant videos from people in the know on both of these subjects.

And what I don't get is how some of these vile, awful, talentless youtubers have millions of subs and followers? people like MrBossFTW, noughtpointfour, Chaotic, Sernandoe, Black Wolf Company, Kwebbelkop, PewDiePie, ZacCoxTV, LispyJimmy, AllSilenced, Dat Saintsfan, Ali-A, Azap Modz and Ninja are making a tonne load of money on nothing, their material isn't informative, helpful or even entertaining, so why are people wasting their own time and money funding these cretins.

mrbossbtw for example, I could see his level of skill in the outside world exceeding at flipping burgers at McDonalds, Sernandoe maybe doing the litter picking in the carpark, these people would struggle in the outside world.

One thing I would say though, how the hell did kwebbelkop get such a stunning girlfriend, the kid needs a haircut and get down the gym, she's obviously sleeping around behind his back!

that's my rant anyway without having to stream a video on youtube for attention.

Edited by AndyC-M

kcole4001

I tried to quote your post, but all I got was a bunch of squiggly lines where the names were, so:

Don't know the tuber in question, but in my experience:   "how the hell did kwebbelkop get such a stunning girlfriend"  =   "are making a tonne load of money ".

That's probably all it is.

Voodoo-Hendrix

Had to unsubscribe from a YouTuber who made actually good guides about helicopters because he admitted that destroying cargo isn't griefing (even when it actually is, no matter what R* wants you to believe).

Sorry, but I'm not going to support someone with that mentality, even if his content is actually good.

REXX
2 hours ago, kcole4001 said:

I tried to quote your post, but all I got was a bunch of squiggly lines where the names were, so:

Don't know the tuber in question, but in my experience:   "how the hell did kwebbelkop get such a stunning girlfriend"  =   "are making a tonne load of money ".

That's probably all it is.

0*kXS9lMpqXcuw_1Q9.gif

Charlottes

My opinion hasn't changed and it's that most of them are very annoying and but also it's none of my business anyways, and there really are like 5 good guys and the rest aren't great

but also i'm impressed with that annoying subset for keeping the grift going this long, especially considering how much work video editing is and how much work the game wants you to put in and especially how hyped these guys act despite all of this being the stuff that's absolutely the least deserving of hype

Voodoo-Hendrix
43 minutes ago, REXX said:

0*kXS9lMpqXcuw_1Q9.gif

And now I have The Jetsons theme stuck on my head lol

SpatchCock
3 hours ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

Had to unsubscribe from a YouTuber who made actually good guides about helicopters because he admitted that destroying cargo isn't griefing (even when it actually is, no matter what R* wants you to believe).

Sorry, but I'm not going to support someone with that mentality, even if his content is actually good.

I get that with a lot of the so-called 'Tryhard Hunters' out there (and on here), the self-proclaimed heroes of freeroam battling (usually in a vehicle) the dastardly scourge of multiplayer. Yeah, I've seen your KD mate, you didn't get that battling tryhards, you got that greifing the hell out of lobbies. We're only seeing a snippet of what you get up to you ain't foolin' no-one.

Voodoo-Hendrix
34 minutes ago, SpatchCock said:

I get that with a lot of the so-called 'Tryhard Hunters' out there (and on here), the self-proclaimed heroes of freeroam battling (usually in a vehicle) the dastardly scourge of multiplayer. Yeah, I've seen your KD mate, you didn't get that battling tryhards, you got that greifing the hell out of lobbies. We're only seeing a snippet of what you get up to you ain't foolin' no-one.

Most "anti tryhards" are either tryhards themselves or used to be. Even GhillieMaster was a tryhard back in the day:

But hey, the word "tryhard" got used and abused to oblivion to the point of losing its meaning. Now everyone is a tryhard at something or sometimes for nothing at all and now we have a whole hierarchy like "wannabe tryhard" and whatnot, this stopped making sense long ago.

d347h.1nc
On 12/9/2018 at 11:11 AM, kcole4001 said:

The only issue I have with him is that he is constantly pushing the "sell in full lobbies" crap, saying if you have to quit the session "you only lose a little stock".

The problem is, the next time you try and sell in a full lobby, BOOM, you're going to have the same chance of getting your stuff blasted.

You never get back the time and product wasted , and with regard to bunkers, there's really no benefit to waiting until it's full.

Much better to sell in safe lobbies: gather some friends and reap the bonus, or make a solo lobby and just get on with it.

Yeah I play on pc so selling in a full lobby is more suicidal than even on console.

other than that he has good money grinding tips.

kcole4001
6 minutes ago, d347h.1nc said:

Yeah I play on pc so selling in a full lobby is more suicidal than even on console.

other than that he has good money grinding tips.

Yep, he helped me get where I am now.

Good straightforward, no BS videos.

Happy Hunter
12 hours ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

Which one lol?

9 hours ago, SpatchCock said:

I do hunt tryhards. I am a bit of a troll though - and that's more my reasoning for it. Tryhards I can troll without really feeling bad about it, and because it's in their nature to try as hard as they can and be caught up in the game - well, they always get angrier than standard players. Which is always good for a troll. Standard players that don't want to even fight, much less "win" a fight - they're obviously not entertaining to mess with.

I do wear the heroic label though as well, just because that tends to annoy them a lot as well.

AndyC-M

youtubers that I find entertaining to watch are RaggedyDan, Broughy1322, Robbin Rams, Sonny Evans, Combat Wombat and The Professional.

Reameb
On 12/23/2018 at 12:06 PM, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

Well, in the game you're completely free to do anything you want, it's an online game, not saying i support "griefing", but telling others how to play on their accounts is a bit rude too, lol.

Voodoo-Hendrix
1 minute ago, Reameb said:

Well, in the game you're completely free to do anything you want, it's an online game, not saying i support "griefing", but telling others how to play on their accounts is a bit rude too, lol.

Destroying cargo is way more rude than telling someone not to do it.

Verstappen
On 12/9/2018 at 6:49 PM, Frae said:

I used to watch GypsyBroughy1322 and GTA Series Videos unfortunately they've moved to Red Dead Redemption.

Broughy definitely didnt shift his videos to RDR.

Voodoo-Hendrix
4 minutes ago, Verstappen said:

Broughy definitely didnt shift his videos to RDR.

"Hello eveyone I'm Broughy 1322 and in this video I'm gonna show the fastest upgraded horses in terms of lap time, but otherwise let's see where the new Pegasus falls into that list...

REXX
6 hours ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

"Hello eveyone I'm Broughy 1322 and in this video I'm gonna show the fastest upgraded horses in terms of lap time, but otherwise let's see where the new Pegasus falls into that list...

This horse has Advanced Flags, meaning  the horse is bouncier and your characters' crotch will get destroyed.

Nah, broughy's good though.

Up2NoGood45
On 12/9/2018 at 1:11 PM, kcole4001 said:

I've subbed to The Professional's channel since he had less than 10K subs.  I am starting to suspect that much of his content is BS and he seems to fill in the empty spaces with half truths.  

His "full lobbies" often are his crew in one session and they just kick people who are not with the program, but that doesn't make the videos.  

My favorite videos by him and him going after cargo griefers.  He's pretty damn good at that.  

White Shark

The best ones hands down are TheProfessional and GhillieMaster.  All GTA gamers should subscribe to these two.

GTA Series Videos is also a good channel, for showcasing vehicles, clothing, properties etc before you buy!

Project Helisexuality does great videos too.  And Pyrerealm Gaming does snappy short review vids which are fun to watch.

You can't go wrong with the ones I've suggested here.

kcole4001
4 hours ago, Up2NoGood45 said:

I've subbed to The Professional's channel since he had less than 10K subs.  I am starting to suspect that much of his content is BS and he seems to fill in the empty spaces with half truths.  

His "full lobbies" often are his crew in one session and they just kick people who are not with the program, but that doesn't make the videos.  

My favorite videos by him and him going after cargo griefers.  He's pretty damn good at that.  

I was viewing his vids specifically geared to helping newer players for the most part: best money making methods, etc.

Other than those, I watched those exploring new content to get a grip on updates, which usually weren't overly in depth, since the content was in fact very new, but at least he seemed honest and down to earth.

Not at all misleading like some others, who tend to be more popular for reasons I cannot fathom at all.

I disregard the full lobby stuff, since I know well enough it's not practical, at least not for solo players.

All in all, I take what I see in any vids as potential advice, not absolute rules.

They are often a good way to get ideas outside of our own 'box' of thinking, to try and get more from the game.

Edited by kcole4001

Happy Hunter

Expose videos generally really turn me off (that sounds unintentionally sexual now lol). It's like - ugh, there's drama enough in the world without having other people's petty stuff shoved in your way.

Sometimes things get a bit beyond petty though. You know, when people start getting predatory and stalky - part of me wants to make my first video of that type, just so - well, I don't know why. I'll wait and see I guess.

Big Molio

I don’t watch them, but I see my nine year old glued to his iPad watching the Fortnite YouTubers.

If the GTA youtubers are as annoying and as screechy as those, then I’m not missing out.

I can’t stand all the screaming, I insist that my kids watch these people only when wearing earphones so I don’t hear them.