2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Nick1020

What's your opinion on GTA YouTubers?

Kaiju Blue

One thing I've noticed over the last year or so is that gta youtubers, even the supposedly "good" ones, have made videos in which they constantly mention how each and every update is totally the last one, guys! Ever since Gunrunning this seems to happen, then they apologize for it... only to do the exact same thing for the next DLC. Why? Don't these people learn from their mistakes?

I guess this is mostly a pet peeve, but jesus, would it kill them to stop doing the same sh*t every time? Stop talking out of your asses.

-Travis+Bickle-

MrBoss right now, trying to rush 10 new videos:

Sevastokrator

I went to look for any new stuff for the update and the first page was almost filled with ross

Breaking Bad

Not my thing. It seems like their content is mostly aimed at kids. Seeing all the colorful rainbow thumbnails. MrBossFTW is the worst for this I've found.

Sentinel Driver
On 7/5/2018 at 9:41 AM, J-Scott-D said:

I watch The Professional/Polish Mercenary from time to time. He has a passion for the game, no doubt about it. 

I can only watch so much of his livestreams, though, watching him answer the same questions over and over. I guess that's part of being a YouTube celebrity with 50K+ subscribers. I only have 33, lol.

People who watch professional's streams have to be retarded or something

The chat is constantly spammed with stupid questions like 

"is the document forgery worth it"

"is the cocaine lab worth it"

"should I upgrade my bunker"

"how do i earn money as a beginner"

"how do i make money quick"

wtf do these idiots have any how many times theprofessional has answered these questions in his various money guide videos

Mikovitch

Well, I used to find them informative. As time went on it became more and more clear that what I was hearing was common sense or obvious information. That, or I was just watching video clips of Posts that were cut from this forum.

Why waste my time watching? I am, for the most part, an educated guy. Just join the forum and cut out the middle man.

That said, I can't seem to even manage to post pictures online these days, let alone make videos, so I guess I got to give them that at least.

J-Scott-D
32 minutes ago, Sentinel Driver said:

People who watch professional's streams have to be retarded or something

The chat is constantly spammed with stupid questions like 

"is the document forgery worth it"

"is the cocaine lab worth it"

"should I upgrade my bunker"

"how do i earn money as a beginner"

"how do i make money quick"

wtf do these idiots have any how many times theprofessional has answered these questions in his various money guide videos

Be glad they're doing it on his livestreams and not here on GTAF, lol.

kcole4001
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Mikovitch said:

Well, I used to find them informative. As time went on it became more and more clear that what I was hearing was common sense or obvious information. That, or I was just watching video clips of Posts that were cut from this forum.

Why waste my time watching? I am, for the most part, an educated guy. Just join the forum and cut out the middle man.

That said, I can't seem to even manage to post pictures online these days, let alone make videos, so I guess I got to give them that at least.

I learned a lot form many vids.

Just watch a bunch and compare, then use what you like.

Most have been at least somewhat helpful.

I hat ethe long intros, though, and the begging.

Edited by kcole4001

dayonefan13

So I plan up getting up early before work to check out the Afterhours dlc. Who is a pretty good youtuber that live streams and goes into details? 

crsN

If we talk about cars: Broughy1322

Palladium
Posted (edited)
On 7/22/2018 at 4:47 AM, Breaking Bad said:

Not my thing. It seems like their content is mostly aimed at kids. Seeing all the colorful rainbow thumbnails. MrBossFTW is the worst for this I've found.

"HEY GUYS HOW TO GET FREE WHATEVER BUCKS IN FORTNITE: You take a credit card and you buy them! PLEASE SUBSCRIBE AND LIKE!"

If that is the retarded sh*t kids are into these days then I'm glad I don't have any.

As a general rule I dislike almost all youtubers. Watching some of them wail about demonetisation is a particular point of contention for me - no one forced you to structure your finances around fleeting internet fame, don't blame YouTube when your terrible idea backfires on you.

Yup, that's the most laughable and pathetic livelihood-based argument ever. They can whine about their poor entitled livelihoods when they actually have to invest resources beyond a gaming rig for a living, and that is before they are dumb enough to be financially dependent with a company that legally under no obligation to pay a single cent to them.

Edited by Palladium
more text

erased

I know this is an asshole thing to say but god I wish so much that the like/dislike effected certain youtuber's monetization. That would stop these click baiting assholes & they would have to actually put in time and effort into their videos with valid info and not pump out 4-5 videos a day of bullsh*t.

Shadowfennekin
9 hours ago, erased said:

I know this is an asshole thing to say but god I wish so much that the like/dislike effected certain youtuber's monetization. That would stop these click baiting assholes & they would have to actually put in time and effort into their videos with valid info and not pump out 4-5 videos a day of bullsh*t.

That's the thing, I don't get why genuine funny youtubers get demonetized for the stupidest sh*t or even no reason at all..... yet clickbaity channels seem to be doing well. I remember hearing about conspiracy theory channels automatically getting demonetized so the same should apply to clickbait channels like Boss

Happy Hunter
46 minutes ago, Shadowfennekin said:

That's the thing, I don't get why genuine funny youtubers get demonetized for the stupidest sh*t or even no reason at all..... yet clickbaity channels seem to be doing well. I remember hearing about conspiracy theory channels automatically getting demonetized so the same should apply to clickbait channels like Boss

Yeah the conspiracy channels are good fun.

Palladium
On 7/31/2018 at 4:14 PM, Shadowfennekin said:

Generally speaking, quality creators who aren't spamming videos every hour are moving and have no problems moving to Patreon for their income.

Yeah YT's Nazi monetization censorship is hilariously hypocritical to the max. Gun and chemistry videos are literally Hitler, but clinically psychopathic assholes filming themselves on the streets and subversive child sexual predatory videos for kids are A-OK because...

SledgeGE

Digital Car Addict, Broughy1322, and Onespot Gaming are very informative when it comes to GTA vehicles. 

Queenslayer
Posted (edited)

Can't think of stand-out names but I do have time for the videos (preferably with no voices and no sh*tty music) which showcase unreleased content and/or comparing certain car speeds. 

Once again I do recommend Champlette2.  She did an awesome breakdown of After Hours and she's not one of these clickbait bastards.

Edited by Queenslayer

Commander S

Dunno if anyone's read anything about the Filip Miucin plagiarism scandal at the moment (short version: a YouTuber who got hired by IGN to do published reviews ...turns out to have been plagiarising other folks' work, often verbatim - and has now been sacked, predictably! :p), but seeing comparisons reminded me of Ross/MrBossFTW, since I remember him not only using people's pics without asking/crediting the creators, or scrubbing usernames off screencapped forum posts to avoid crediting the posters, but also reading things near-verbatim, without either credit or acknowledging a source (i.e. passing the work of as his own findings).

In fact, I remember him using a post of mine (where I got bored, and figured I'd see exactly which real-life friends/colleagues of the DJs had been added to the game) for one of his 10 THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS DLC! videos, where you could tell he'd just lifted what I'd found, seeing as he used the exact same examples as I'd gone and found (rather than, say, doing some research of his own, and finding some other names to use - and it's not like he'd just know this off the top of his head! :p).

Again, some of the examples of Miucin's plagiarism really did remind me of Ross' approach to 'research', so I rewatched the video, and ...yeah, I remember the names used being the same ones, and in the same order, but not keeping my specific phrasing/mannerisms as well - ! :blink:

My post, from August 4th (note the bits in blue):

On 8/4/2018 at 9:39 PM, Commander S said:

Also, they really are their actual real-life friends/colleagues, right down to the unique likenesses - "ig_djsoljakob" is Jakob Grunert, who's a music video director and colleage of Solomun, "ig_djtalaurelia" is Aurelia Ortiz, Tale of Us' manager, and "ig_djblamryans" is The Black Madonna's agent, Ryan Smith:

< pictures removed to save space >

Pretty neat addition, R*! :)

And from Ross' video, two days later (August 6th):

"So according to FunMW2, these are the DJ's friends - of The Black Madonna, Solomun, Tale of Us, and Dixon. And what's crazy is these NPCs are their actual real-life friends and colleagues, right down to their unique likenesses. So one of them is Jakob Gurnet [sic] - I'm gonna be botching their names -, who is a music video director and colleague of Solomun. You have Aurelia Ortiz who's the Tale of Us' manager, and then you've got, um, Ryan Smith, who is The Black Madonna's agent - all of them appear in the game. This is a pretty neat addition by Rockstar, and it's something they really never advertise."

...wow. Right down my little 'hey, nice detail, R*!' at the end - and the only things he didn't lift were ...the filenames. :turn:

And I know 'no harm done', because it's not like he copied the work of a paid writer, and I'm not exactly losing money from him doing so - but it's worth remembering how every time someone's tried using a copyright claim on folks like him for things like uncredited pics used without permission, they immediately fall back on "but this is my job, my livelihood, put at risk!".

Well, yeah - but if you're a paid so-called professional, rolling around in a McLaren paid for by YouTube ad revenue, then is it too much to expect some, yanno, professionalism? After all, one of Miucin's examples of plagiarism was using a template site to lift his resume (no, really!) - that's not coming at the cost of someone else's income, either (compared to lifting the work from another reviewer), but it's still deeply unprofessional all the same.

Bit of a double-standard to expect to get away with stuff that'd get you in trouble at school as a YouTuber, because "I'm just a self-taught/untrained amateur who doesn't know any better!", while wanting their 'work' protected because "I'm a professional who does this for a living!", eh? :sigh:

Queenslayer
17 minutes ago, Commander S said:

Dunno if anyone's read anything about the Filip Miucin plagiarism scandal at the moment (short version: a YouTuber who got hired by IGN to do published reviews ...turns out to have been plagiarising other folks' work, often verbatim

I have not heard about this so will look into it.

MrToss is the Lionel Hutz of GTA Youtubers

Karami

GTA YouTubers like MrBossFTW, LispyJimmy, Sernandoe, and others around that category aren’t my cup of tea. The clickbait & obvious nonsense is pure BS. Later down the line, I don’t think they’re gonna be just GTA YouTubers. Cause it’s gonna suck when they hop on to Red Dead 2, & other R* releases in the future in a way to keep these GTA YouTubers relevant.

However, I appreciate YouTubers like CGH (Central Gaming Hub), GTA Wise Guy, & PETTYGANG solely on the quality, entertainment and/or info they deliver on GTA. Something different.

Now what’s funny was that at one point, I thought of doing YouTube for GTA, but taking a different turn. I had an idea for it like showing how I do my type of Snapmatic pics/GTA Screenshots, showcasing new DLC cars/clothes/weapons with the R* Editor & GTA Machinimas. But I totally scrapped it as almost everyone knows how to do it (Snapmatic pics) and plus, the game is 5 years old now.

Buuut, CGH, PETTYGANG, & Wise Guy kinda inspired me to possibly start a YouTube, so it’s a maybe...ish....

Edited by Karami
Had to be a bit more specific when I meant the type of GTA YouTubers.

Voodoo-Hendrix

Can we copystrike MrBoss like, right now?

erased

Don't know if this is the right spot to post this but I figured I would since technically they were youtubers but does anyone remember the guys that did the GTA V O'Clock show on youtube? They just kinda vanished after a while. I just looked them up and they actually started doing content again. I get why they kinda stopped because it seemed like they were more focused on the SP stuff and not online but now I wish they'd do more stuff for Online. They were pretty cool in the early days of GTA V. In my opinion anyway.

HARBUJAHN

Sonny evans's vids craic me up, the geographic ones are a good watch deffo