The Professional Update (CONCEPT)

SkymnäsWolf

SkymnäsWolf

Hello fellow GTA Fans.

It has been a while since I made a topic. But I have worked this one quite thorough. I have put quite the work into this, so please take the time to read this.
I also know there have been quite a few other concept threads lately. However, I can't do a thing about that. I wanted to make this thread a week ago, but with all the threads then, it just didn't seem the good time.
Please don't let the waterfall of concept threads cloud your mind about this one. Well, let's get to business shall we :)

The Professional Update GTA Online
proupdate_zpsd13b1df6.jpg
The professional update will be an update which gives the game optional harder gameplay and gamemodes. Also it will feature new weapons, a few new options for the player and a new weapon wheel to get rid of all the unused weapons.

New gamemodes (Each mission or gametype started from a certain freemode is in the mode from freemode):
- Professional Freemode (1.5x RP/Cash)
- Hardcore Freemode (1.5x RP/Cash)
- Professional Hardcore Freemode (2x RP/Cash)

New Features (quick list):
Limited amount of weapons carrying (Professional only)
Limited amount of ammunition carrying (Professional only)
Trunk/ call weapon Van
Npc's aim accordingly to their status. (Professional/Hardcore only)
New armor types
Sp accidents
NEW Weapon Wheel
Dual wield pistols/some smgs)
New weapons + attachements
Prone and crouch option
New units in police/merryweather like Riotshield squads, juggernauts and IAA/FIB special units.

The features explained:

Lets start off with the new feature of Weapon Carrying:

A player starts off with the possibility to carry only one primary/heavy weapons, one secondary weapon. one melee and 5 throwables. Weapons are shown in holsters.
- Primary (Rifles, Sniper, SMG (except Uzi), MG, Shotgun)
- Secondary (Pistol, Uzi)
- Heavy (special)

At certain levels your character unlocks more slots to carry weapons; it should be something like the following:
Level 20, + 5 throwables
Level 40, a player can carry one EXTRA sidearm, also use it to dualwield. This can be the same weapon or another sidearm.
Level 60, + 10 throwables
Level 80, a player can carry one EXTRA primary or heavy weapon.
Level 100, + 15 throwables
Level 120, a player can carry two extra sidearms (holsters under shoulder)
Level 140, + 15 throwables
Level 160, one EXTRA primary or heavy weapon

Ammunition:

Ammunition is limited to 10 magazines per weapon (NOT weapontype!!!), but can be refilled from the trunk of your/a friend's/ crewmember's car or a weapon Van. Ammunition for in the trunk can be bought indefinitely above level 120. This ammunition will be accesible from the trunk of your car for free.

Level 10, + 1 mag max per weapon
Level 30, + 1 mag max per weapon
Level 50, + 1 mag max per weapon
Level 70, + 1 mag max per weapon
Level 90, + 1 mag max per weapon
Level 110, + 1 mag max per weapon
Level 130, + 1 mag max per weapon
Level 150, + 1 mag max per weapon
Level 170, + 1 mag max per weapon
Level 190, + 1 mag max per weapon

This means that at level 190, you have 20 mags (extended) per weapon.

Trunk feature and Weapon Van:

In the trunk of your car you can access all your weapons and ammunition. You can refill your mags here with your bought ammunition. You can modify your bought weapons with bought upgrades here.
You can also access this menu by the trunks of cars of Friends and Crewmembers.

Weapon Van:
You can call up Lester for a Weapon Van, here you can BUY upgrades, weapons and ammunition, just like in Ammunation.

Sell feature:

You can sell unwanted weapons and ammunition for 40% of bought price at Ammunation and the Weapon Van. This will make for quick cash and to sell unwanted weapons.

OPTIONAL FEATURE:
Picked up weapons can be sold here too. A player can pick up to 5 weapons in his inventory. You can also place these in your trunk to sell them in bigger quantities.

Npc's Aim accordingly:

Npc aim:
- gangsters, hillbillies, civilians (low)
- police, guards, professionals (medium)
- army, fib, noose (high)

Armor:

Your health cannot increase, but Armor can! Today Ammunation features new types of armor.
- helmets, can save you from accidents and sometimes a headshot. Add more armor to total. (Up to 25% more armor)
- arms and legs, add more armor to total. (Up to 75% more armor)
- Juggernaut suit (300% armor, 50% slower)

Single Player accidents:

One of the features which the Professional update will bring is the accidents from SP. Your car can now be totally wrecked when you have an accident. Wheels can fall off, you can be launched through the window and car damage is just like in SP. However the higher the armor on cars, the less likely this is going to happen. at 100% armor there is no chance of being thrown through the windshield.

New Weapon wheel:

Unwanted weapons, players are bored by the endless skipping through weapons till you have the right one. Wait no more. You can now Highlight your weapons and toggle their visibility (Out of Professional mode). Highlighted weapons show up in the weapon wheel. Any other weapon can be accessed by the inventory menu or you can switch your highlighted weapons there.
This is limited too the levels used in Professional Freemode. For most people above level 200 there should be no problem. Their most used weapons can be carried on their back and be accessed through the weapon wheel.
Players can also choose to use the old weapon wheel via the start menu.

Change shoulder option:

Another option here is the Change Shoulder Option. Now you can change the way over which shoulder you look.
When aiming you can now change the view from which shoulder with the push of a button.

New weapons:

Well, what is an update concept without new weapons? I personally would like to see some weapons back from previous GTA Games (like the M16/M4/P90) and Max Payne 3 (like the FAL, HK-21 MG and LAW). These weapons should also be used by certain npc's, first to make some variety in cops and enemies, and second to give some new challenges in the game.
- AK 74 U (used by gangmembers)
- FAL (used by Merryweather)
- flash grenades (used by noose)
- M16 (used by Military and Noose)
- M4 (used by Special forces)
- P90 (used by Noose)
- HK-21 MG (used by professionals)
- LAW (Special)
- Machete (melee)
- Grenade launcher from TBoGT

The new and old weapons will also get some new weapon attachments:
- small grip (current grip)
- medium grip (round stick under barrel)
- large grip (duopod grip (also for snipers))
- lasersight (used by Noose and Special forces)
- grenade launcher for AR
- automatic, semi automatic, burst fire toggle options
- Red dot and Acog sight will zoom in (closer over shoulder) OR sniper like zoom in (change able in start menu) like in Max Payne 3.

Going Prone or Crouch:

What personally bugged me was that you can't really crouch in the game. Also, there wasn't really a need for it because of the auto aim system. However; it can be implemented to work TOGETHER with the auto aim system.
Sneak will be toggled when you click the sneak stick two times quick.
Crouch will be toggled when you click the sneak stick once.
Prone will be toggled when you hold the sneak stick.

The pro's and con's of sneaking will now be for Crouching. Sneaking now gets new pro's and con's.
Sneaking makes you invisible on the radar for people within 150 meters of your location, but you move 50% slower.
Prone makes you invisible on the radar within 150 meters of your location AND people can't auto aim on you. However you can't move, only look around. Accuracy will be highly improved.

New Units:

To give the update some new extra's, the police and merryweather units will be updated with new units.

Police will get a few new units:
Riotshield units: These arrive at 4 stars and will use flash grenades on frequent base, they arrive in the Police RIOT.
Juggernaut units: These arrive at 5 stars and sometimes use a minigun, they arrive in the Police RIOT.
IAA agents: They arrive at 5 stars, in unmarked cruisers or grangers.
FIB special units: They arrive at 4 stars, assisting Noose and Police and use FIB Buffalo's

At 1 star, the police will use batons and stun guns. When the player uses the raise hands animation, he gets arrested and has to pay a fine of $100. If he resists arrest, he will get 2 stars.

Merryweather will sometimes use Juggernaut units in missions and when they are hired to kill a target.

Added feature by BitPieStudios:

The option to rappel down from any helicopter when you are in the back seats.
The helicopter must be a certain amount of meters from the ground and must be steady.

Professional mode will limited the player to carry only some weapons, some ammunition and NPC's act too their status. You get 1.5x the RP and Cash.
Hardcore mode will be just like the normal freemode, but is entirely free aim. However, NPC's act too their status. You get 1.5x the RP and Cash.
Professional Hardcore mode features all of Professional mode and Hardcore mode and is entirely free aim. You get 2x the RP and Cash.

Well this was my concept for The Professional update in GTA Online.
It will give players the option to play like they always did, but with a few extra's or play a more challenging game. Also the option for Free aim lobbies is very important and players really get rewarded to try it.

I personally wanted to also add some features for Drug trafficking, drug dealing and Biker dlc in GTA Online, but that is for another concept thread, which I will make somewhere in the near future.

Edited by ivarblaauw

Please stop with these Concept threads. We have a Wishlist thread. Do people think R* reads this forum looking for ideas for their next DLC update?

A very good AND detailed concept. I wish this was a reality. Well done bro, id buy it.

• Like 1

BitPieStudios

This seems cool! I like the idea of limiting weapons to make things harder.

The Weapon Van seems like it'd be good for team strategy, like if you're in a crew battle, and you use it as a sort of base of operations... defending your crew members while they re-stock.

This whole thing is very well done!

also here...

proupdate_zpsd13b1df6.jpg

• Like 1

Here's what ya do...print this little puppy up, get a nice pretty visible envelope as such below...give it a BIG lick...and mail this sucker to R*. I'm SURE they'll read it and jump all over it.

lick.jpg

FYI make sure you put in BIG letters on the front: ATT: CEO for your eyes only

That way it'll go directly to the top guy.

Please stop with these Concept threads. We have a Wishlist thread. Do people think R* reads this forum looking for ideas for their next DLC update?

Just let the people dream. Besides, some of these concepts arent that bad.
  • Like 4

BitPieStudios

Just let the people dream. Besides, some of these concepts aren't that bad.

Yeah, I think the "funny" concept threads are the ones that give the serious ones a bad rep.

• Like 2

This would definitely offer a good challenge to the game. A nice change of pace from the usual "dive, roll, hit a car, repair it, repeat".

• Like 1

j4hhYw6.png

So what exactly do people hope to achieve by working out very detailed DLC concepts and then posting them on a forum instead of sending them to Rockstar?

• Like 1

BitPieStudios

So what exactly do people hope to achieve by working out very detailed DLC concepts and then posting them on a forum instead of sending them to Rockstar?

Well I personally did it for fun.

(and I did send the one I liked better to Rockstar 'cause people wanted me to...)

Edited by BitPieStudios

Well I personally did it for fun.

Oh alright. Guess I don't really get it but whatever floats your boat.

• Like 1

It's a well though-out concept so piss off.

Good job, OP.

38391_s.gif

SkymnäsWolf

Just let the people dream. Besides, some of these concepts aren't that bad.

Yeah, I think the "funny" concept threads are the ones that give the serious ones a bad rep.

Thanks for your image; I will edit my post tomorrow morning if possible :-)

You and some others are right about the bad posts. The serious threads get a bad reputation, sadly.

This would definitely offer a good challenge to the game. A nice change of pace from the usual "dive, roll, hit a car, repair it, repeat".

one of the reasons I made it. Some change and challenge would be good. Also some new enemies would make the game better in my opinion.

Every concept I made, I sent to Rockstar. I just make this thread for feedback and some source to use in my mail to Rockstar. I also use feedback to change my post accordingly.
  • Like 3

To get other's opinions on it and whether something should be changed before sending to Rockstar. I mean the last thing we want is to Rockstar to actually pick up one that was sent and it being something like:

"The High-Rollers Pack" - 40 New Vehicles all priced above $40 Million each.

OT: Interesting concept OP could be fun in theory. But I don't know about the crouch/prone option seems a bit unnecessary.

• Like 1

OT: Interesting concept OP could be fun in theory. But I don't know about the crouch/prone option seems a bit unnecessary.

That's actually something we need. Crouching is a staple mechanic in GTA, and it increased your accuracy. Many people, including myself, want this to return.

Also, prone could give an excellent incentive to use snipers. Increase accuracy but limited to going prone.

• Like 1

j4hhYw6.png

BitPieStudios

To get other's opinions on it and whether something should be changed before sending to Rockstar. I mean the last thing we want is to Rockstar to actually pick up one that was sent and it being something like:

Actually I completely forgot about the suggestions and opinions I got on my threads that solidified the concepts.

I originally made it for fun, but then realized feedback is king.

SkymnäsWolf

"The High-Rollers Pack" - 40 New Vehicles all priced above $40 Million each.

This;

About the Crouch/Prone option. Because of the off radar function; players can now roughly sneak up on each other, which especially in Free aim will be a game changer. Snipers now actually have to seek out a nice spot but their kills are relentlessly. On the other hand; you don't know if someone who sneaks is 10 meters or 130 meters away. Making the game more action/reaction instead of going from red dot to red dot.

You have too think twice to turn a corner if there are sneakers or proners in the area.

This is why I would like it in the game :-)

Ps: I am going to sleep :-) I will read back tomorrow.

Edited by ivarblaauw

I love all the concepts and most of them are really well thought up, but I agree I'm fed up with always seeing [CONCEPT] everywhere... tons of people get shot down for posting something when there's an 'official' thread for it, maybe it's time for an official concept thread. So many of them it's starting to become spam now. :barf:

• Like 1

Sp3cial_H3rbs

New character animitation: your character yells "mendoza's been hit,mendoza's been f*cking hit".

bM0F5RV.png

The Amazing Warrener

Amazing concept. Though I would be happy with just a rdr-styled hardcore FR.

Crouching in a bush and sniping people for 15 mins before they figured out where you were was so satisfying, and when they DID find out, began the worlds most epic horse chase XD

DemonicMoustache

I like the whole idea for a true difficult multiplayer game mode. It reminds me of Fallout New Vegas Hardcore mode but without the Nuclear winter, also a good idea is they add 1 new outfit called Leon, you have a black trenchcoat, black eyeglasses, black beanie hat, and black boots.

• Like 1

LightningLord

Hello fellow GTA Fans.

It has been a while since I made a topic. But I have worked this one quite thorough. I have put quite the work into this, so please take the time to read this.

I also know there have been quite a few other concept threads lately. However, I can't do a thing about that. I wanted to make this thread a week ago, but with all the threads then, it just didn't seem the good time.

Please don't let the waterfall of concept threads cloud your mind about this one. Well, let's get to business shall we :)

The Professional Update GTA Online

http://s1133.photobucket.com/user/sackboy7789/media/proupdate_zpsd13b1df6.jpg.html

The professional update will be an update which gives the game optional harder gameplay and gamemodes. Also it will feature new weapons, a few new options for the player and a new weapon wheel to get rid of all the unused weapons.

New gamemodes (Each mission or gametype started from a certain freemode is in the mode from freemode):

- Professional Freemode (1.5x RP/Cash)

- Hardcore Freemode (1.5x RP/Cash)

- Professional Hardcore Freemode (2x RP/Cash)

New Features (quick list):

Limited amount of weapons carrying (Professional only)

Limited amount of ammunition carrying (Professional only)

Trunk/ call weapon Van

Npc's aim accordingly to their status. (Professional/Hardcore only)

New armor types

Sp accidents

NEW Weapon Wheel

Dual wield pistols/some smgs)

New weapons + attachements

Prone and crouch option

New units in police/merryweather like Riotshield squads, juggernauts and IAA/FIB special units.

The features explained:

Lets start off with the new feature of Weapon Carrying:

A player starts off with the possibility to carry only one primary/heavy weapons, one secondary weapon. one melee and 5 throwables. Weapons are shown in holsters.

- Primary (Rifles, Sniper, SMG (except Uzi), MG, Shotgun)

- Secondary (Pistol, Uzi)

- Heavy (special)

At certain levels your character unlocks more slots to carry weapons; it should be something like the following:

Level 20, + 5 throwables

Level 40, a player can carry one EXTRA sidearm, also use it to dualwield. This can be the same weapon or another sidearm.

Level 60, + 10 throwables

Level 80, a player can carry one EXTRA primary or heavy weapon.

Level 100, + 15 throwables

Level 120, a player can carry two extra sidearms (holsters under shoulder)

Level 140, + 15 throwables

Level 160, one EXTRA primary or heavy weapon

Ammunition:

Ammunition is limited to 10 magazines per weapon (NOT weapontype!!!), but can be refilled from the trunk of your/a friend's/ crewmember's car or a weapon Van. Ammunition for in the trunk can be bought indefinitely above level 120. This ammunition will be accesible from the trunk of your car for free.

Level 10, + 1 mag max per weapon

Level 30, + 1 mag max per weapon

Level 50, + 1 mag max per weapon

Level 70, + 1 mag max per weapon

Level 90, + 1 mag max per weapon

Level 110, + 1 mag max per weapon

Level 130, + 1 mag max per weapon

Level 150, + 1 mag max per weapon

Level 170, + 1 mag max per weapon

Level 190, + 1 mag max per weapon

This means that at level 190, you have 20 mags (extended) per weapon.

Trunk feature and Weapon Van:

In the trunk of your car you can access all your weapons and ammunition. You can refill your mags here with your bought ammunition. You can modify your bought weapons with bought upgrades here.

You can also access this menu by the trunks of cars of Friends and Crewmembers.

Weapon Van:

You can call up Lester for a Weapon Van, here you can BUY upgrades, weapons and ammunition, just like in Ammunation.

Sell feature:

You can sell unwanted weapons and ammunition for 40% of bought price at Ammunation and the Weapon Van. This will make for quick cash and to sell unwanted weapons.

OPTIONAL FEATURE:

Picked up weapons can be sold here too. A player can pick up to 5 weapons in his inventory. You can also place these in your trunk to sell them in bigger quantities.

Npc's Aim accordingly:

Npc aim:

- gangsters, hillbillies, civilians (low)

- police, guards, professionals (medium)

- army, fib, noose (high)

Armor:

Your health cannot increase, but Armor can! Today Ammunation features new types of armor.

- helmets, can save you from accidents and sometimes a headshot. Add more armor to total. (Up to 25% more armor)

- arms and legs, add more armor to total. (Up to 75% more armor)

- Juggernaut suit (300% armor, 50% slower)

Single Player accidents:

One of the features which the Professional update will bring is the accidents from SP. Your car can now be totally wrecked when you have an accident. Wheels can fall off, you can be launched through the window and car damage is just like in SP. However the higher the armor on cars, the less likely this is going to happen. at 100% armor there is no chance of being thrown through the windshield.

New Weapon wheel:

Unwanted weapons, players are bored by the endless skipping through weapons till you have the right one. Wait no more. You can now Highlight your weapons and toggle their visibility (Out of Professional mode). Highlighted weapons show up in the weapon wheel. Any other weapon can be accessed by the inventory menu or you can switch your highlighted weapons there.

This is limited too the levels used in Professional Freemode. For most people above level 200 there should be no problem. Their most used weapons can be carried on their back and be accessed through the weapon wheel.

Players can also choose to use the old weapon wheel via the start menu.

Change shoulder option:

Another option here is the Change Shoulder Option. Now you can change the way over which shoulder you look.

When aiming you can now change the view from which shoulder with the push of a button.

New weapons:

Well, what is an update concept without new weapons? I personally would like to see some weapons back from previous GTA Games (like the M16/M4/P90) and Max Payne 3 (like the FAL, HK-21 MG and LAW). These weapons should also be used by certain npc's, first to make some variety in cops and enemies, and second to give some new challenges in the game.

- AK 74 U (used by gangmembers)

- FAL (used by Merryweather)

- flash grenades (used by noose)

- M16 (used by Military and Noose)

- M4 (used by Special forces)

- P90 (used by Noose)

- HK-21 MG (used by professionals)

- LAW (Special)

- Machete (melee)

- Grenade launcher from TBoGT

The new and old weapons will also get some new weapon attachments:

- small grip (current grip)

- medium grip (round stick under barrel)

- large grip (duopod grip (also for snipers))

- lasersight (used by Noose and Special forces)

- grenade launcher for AR

- automatic, semi automatic, burst fire toggle options

- Red dot and Acog sight will zoom in (closer over shoulder) OR sniper like zoom in (change able in start menu) like in Max Payne 3.

Going Prone or Crouch:

What personally bugged me was that you can't really crouch in the game. Also, there wasn't really a need for it because of the auto aim system. However; it can be implemented to work TOGETHER with the auto aim system.

Sneak will be toggled when you click the sneak stick two times quick.

Crouch will be toggled when you click the sneak stick once.

Prone will be toggled when you hold the sneak stick.

The pro's and con's of sneaking will now be for Crouching. Sneaking now gets new pro's and con's.

Sneaking makes you invisible on the radar for people within 150 meters of your location, but you move 50% slower.

Prone makes you invisible on the radar within 150 meters of your location AND people can't auto aim on you. However you can't move, only look around. Accuracy will be highly improved.

New Units:

To give the update some new extra's, the police and merryweather units will be updated with new units.

Police will get a few new units:

Riotshield units: These arrive at 4 stars and will use flash grenades on frequent base.

Juggernaut units: These arrive at 5 stars and sometimes use a minigun.

IAA agents: They arrive at 5 stars, in black buffalo's or grangers.

FIB special units: They arrive at 4 stars, assisting Noose and Police.

At 1 star, the police will use batons and stun guns. When the player uses the raise hands animation, he gets arrested and has to pay a fine of $100. If he resists arrest, he will get 2 stars.

Merryweather will sometimes use Juggernaut units in missions and when they are hired to kill a target.

Professional mode will limited the player to carry only some weapons, some ammunition and NPC's act too their status. You get 1.5x the RP and Cash.

Hardcore mode will be just like the normal freemode, but is entirely free aim. However, NPC's act too their status. You get 1.5x the RP and Cash.

Professional Hardcore mode features all of Professional mode and Hardcore mode and is entirely free aim. You get 2x the RP and Cash.

Well this was my concept for The Professional update in GTA Online.

It will give players the option to play like they always did, but with a few extra's or play a more challenging game. Also the option for Free aim lobbies is very important and players really get rewarded to try it.

I personally wanted to also add some features for Drug trafficking, drug dealing and Biker dlc in GTA Online, but that is for another concept thread, which I will make somewhere in the near future.

So basically GTA IV gameplay with mods but ported to GTA V/Online...I like it. :turn:

IcOqQpq.gif

SKOGS-SKUMMISEN

Are you trying to be clever? Because it seems you're just another one of those:

"Concept thread? I will just link to the wishlist thread instead, 069.jpg"

Quote from the thread "Items you would like added to the game as either DLC or just upgrades in general. Which means ideas/toughs in general.

This is such an incredible idea.

The free DLC is nothing to complain about since it's free, but this is better than a couple of cars and a weapon or two.

I'd gladly pay for this, even.

• Like 2

SkymnäsWolf

This is such an incredible idea.

The free DLC is nothing to complain about since it's free, but this is better than a couple of cars and a weapon or two.

I'd gladly pay for this, even.

Yeah, I didn't want to include cars, they are for another concept :-)

New cars just didn't fit in IMO. We already have the Buffalo and Granger, which are the cars for this update I think.

The focus is on the new lobbies and new features; which otherwise would be looked over by the spam of cars. There are already a lot of new weapons with this update, plus new attachments for old weapons. People can now really play their playstyle.

And like usual, the GTA Online community comes up with something more unique/appealing than Rockstar can come up with.

Good work OP, but like every concept thread, it's never gonna happen.

:(

SkymnäsWolf

Dreaming should be no problem ^^

I have made quite a lot of concept threads over the year. A few items I thought of, are used in dlc, but that is probably a coincidence.

However; Rockstar employees read these forums AND read any mail and feedback they get. We don't know what they are working on right now.

Probably something with Bikers, gangs, nightclubs and Interiors. These seem like probable dlcs. Any idea should be sent to Rockstar. Who knows? Maybe it will get implemented!