2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

I Got My First Job!

Judicious 7

So, I went for an interview today and I was nervous. The lady described a whole bunch of details about what the job entailed and whatnot. She eventually told me that she'd like to give me a chance. I'm happy enough to post a topic here. This is my first job too. I will be employed as a "Sales Associate". I'll be on the register and help customers BUY MOAR STUFF. Cool right?

I've never had a job before. I have to fill out paperwork on Sunday. I'll have to go to orientation on Tuesday. Any thoughts guys/gals? I'm really thankful and appreciative of the 'gig'. It's part-time, but i'm glad I can finally say I do something other than sitting at home posting on an internet forum (irony).

So yeah, I'm getting my first job next week. :D

Edit: Oh, and it's $8.25 an hour and it's part-time. That's a lotta money!

Edited by Judicious 7

Welcome to the daily grind, friend. It will be fun to see this joyful hope melt in to abject horror.

• Like 1

Keep your eyes on whatever goals you have in mind to achieve with the money your going to earn. Every job like yours has those co-workers who bring a "distracting high school" vibe to the work place. What store will you be working at?

Enjoy being replaced by the automated workforce in a few years.

Creed Bratton

I like your enthusiasm. It will fade away and turn into resentment soon enough, but enjoy it while it lasts.

• Like 3

Keep your eyes on whatever goals you have in mind to achieve with the money your going to earn. Every job like yours has those co-workers who bring a "distracting high school" vibe to the work place. What store will you be working at?

Thanks! I will try my hardest to attract more customers and contribute to 'the team'. I'll be working at this store called Five Below. It's kinda like a dollar store. It's funny because Target is right across the street. So the store.... I mean, "we" will be offering lower prices than larger corporate businesses.

I've been in Five Below a couple times. Be prepared to be peppered with returns and complaints for broken chargers and etc. I bought a usb wall-charger from there and a couple days later it blew up pretty spectacular. Didn't even bother to return as the fireworks was worth it alone. Had it happen at my home however lol.

• Like 1

Thanks! I will try my hardest to attract more customers and contribute to 'the team'. I'll be working at this store called Five Below. It's kinda like a dollar store. It's funny because Target is right across the street. So the store.... I mean, "we" will be offering lower prices than larger corporate businesses.

Do you happen to live in Michigan? Nearby a Five Below just opened a week ago and coincidentally there's a target right near it. :ph34r::ph34r:

sometimes. you look very strange. somewhat smiling. a little vain. saying not today.

Q3slXW5.jpg

Do you happen to live in Michigan? Nearby a Five Below just opened a week ago and coincidentally there's a target right near it. :ph34r::ph34r:

LOL what are the chances? Sorry, I live all the way in New Jersey. However, the manager did say that there were a few openings because some people were going away to college.

I've been in Five Below a couple times. Be prepared to be peppered with returns and complaints for broken chargers and etc. I bought a usb wall-charger from there and a couple days later it blew up pretty spectacular. Didn't even bother to return as the fireworks was worth it alone. Had it happen at my home however lol.

Ha! Cool.. wait, not cool. Well, then again, it is a cheap store. So I can imagine they'd sell cheap products. But hey, it's America. I'll try my best to explain why the products are faulty. I'll blame it on shabby cheap labor from Taiwan or something lol jk.

Congrats, kid. You seem like a straight shooter with upper-middle management written all over ya'.

• Like 3

Congrats. Welcome to the wonderful world of retardation from customers who believe they are right when they are clearly not right. You gotta keep a cool head though since people get pissy at you (and get personal) for no reason. I'm so glad I got out of retail. f*ck that sh*t after 3 years.

Nice, congratulations! Hope you enjoy it :)

VWSTp.png

Thanks! I will try my hardest to attract more customers and contribute to 'the team'.

They have already convinced you that their problem is somehow your problem and as a team you're all responsible for any problem. "I'll be on the register" and "Attracting more customers" doesn't really go hand in hand. Your job is the last stop for a customer before they leave the store.

I'm glad you got a job, especially in this economy, but don't let them grind you down. Use this as a spring board to something better.

Sounds good man. I originally wanted to find a job as a retail sales associate but no one will hire me because i am "Overqualified" which is complete and utter bullsh*t. But anyways congratulations and enjoy your new job.

Congrats and don't let anyone put you down, since the job market now is serious competition. I just got my third job recently, after months of applying to dozens of places. Now go make some paper.

Edited by Biohazard Abyss!
  • Like 1

I would definitely start looking for a better Job, Part time at $8.25 is practically nothing. Good for candy and fast food.

Congrats bro, a job is a job and though it may not seem the most enjoyable or well payed but it is a job that leads you into other areas and it will look good on your resume, i moved from cleaning to a Cafe where i was doing the dishes and then got up to part time chef and recently got offered another job that is better pay, so yeah good on you bro for going out and getting a job.

Creed Bratton

Good for candy and fast food.

Which is good for type 2 diabetes.

It's his first job. 'Tis all good. He probably won't stay there forever unless he hates school.

Edited by The Yokel

The way Gen Chat has been lately, I expected to open this topic and the OP to be bragging about his getting his first hand or blow job, not an actual job.

• Like 2

Good for candy and fast food.

Which is good for type 2 diabetes.

You're negativeness is starting to get to me. Candy is a happy thing :beerhat:

hope you earn money to buy more GTAs! :lol:

Edited by RandomStunt

All these people getting jobs and I can't get a job because I don't have experience because I can't get a job because I don't have experience because I can't get a job because I don't have experience because I can't get a job because I don't have experience because I can't get a job because I don't have experience because I can't get a job because I don't have experience because I can't get a job because I don't have experience because I can't get a job because I don't have experience because I can't get a job because I don't have experience because I can't get a job because I don't have experience because I can't get a job because I don't have experience because I can't get a job because I don't have experience because I can't get a job because I don't have experience because I can't get a job because I don't have experience because I can't get a job because I don't have experience because I can't get a job because I don't have experience because I can't get a job because I don't have experience because I can't get a job because I don't have experience because I can't get a job because I don't have experience because I can't get a job because I don't have experience because I can't get a job because I don't have experience because I can't get a job because I don't have experience because I can't get a job, et cetera, et cetera.

gratz still though. Get money, get paid, get lei'd.