[HELP] PS2 Textures from PS2 gta3.img

BigBear187

Hey, I wanna know if someone could help me out with instaling PS2 textures from gta3.img (from ps2) to a PC version.

I know there is a mod on gtagarage that converts them but a guy put his name on all bilboards and it's annoying :/

I tried to use Steve ps2 txd viewer and extract them somehow but all I could do was extract images from each .txd file, so I would have to convert around 5000 files one by one.

Maybe some of you know any program that could help? I really want to bring the ps2 feeling back :p I already got adaptation mod but now I need textures.

Thx

Yea they sure have his name on billboards but it's not all :D I found them btw and will replace, then I will release his mod without his name on billboards (if it's allowed), also fixed couple of texture bugs.

New display name

Would be nice! i wanted the ps2 textures too and the billboards were a bit annoying

Edited by R4GN0R0K

Guys check this, I deleted all of his billboards I could find and fixed couple of 'electricy wires' (idk how its called in english) cause they were black and had black texture between them, I took them from ps2 and fixed alpha.

Give me few seconds I'll release it, all credits go to ARKHAI because I done only small part of it.

I've been using it for like 1 day now and haven't noticed any texture bugs.

New display name

awesome! ill redownload SA again just to play this!

aight i will but i'll upload it abit later :D

i didnt pay big attention to SF/LV as I play on samp and im mostly on LS area :D

thx

Well, here a big update by me, all San Andreas billboards fixed and other bunch of textures around Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas.

More updates coming soon if is possible. All textures from PS2 San Andreas disc. :)

Credits: Arkai (Small part from BigBear187 and me).

Screens:

Before

28vrl1l.jpg

After

2u6fbrn.jpg

Link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/kvl2jn

Edited by inadequate

DOUBLE POST. NEW UPDATE.

New update by me, all San Andreas billboards fixed, other bunch of textures fixed, new textures fixed on Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas.
More updates coming soon if is possible. All textures from PS2 San Andreas disc. :)
Credits: Arkai (Small part from BigBear187 and me).
Edited by inadequate
  • Like 2

good job on fixing other billboards, i though at beginning he only put them on los santos ones but you did good work