2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Survivals

Nenzo

Whats the deal with survivals? No-one seems to do them. Every time I've tried to join one via quick jobs it takes 5 mins to load into a survival lobby and I'm the only one there.. Once in a blue moon I'd get an invite, but as I join the player who created it has already left leaving me by myself again (lonely).

Do you like them?

Do you think they're worth your time? (you now win 30k instead of 20k)

Would you be more keen to play 'em if we were killing zombies or aliens?

OR are they just sh*t full stop..

Trevorsfriend

They are great. I do 2 or 3 of them a day. 30k + 3400RP + free ammo. What more do we need from a job?

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

they are underrated, but still, when im grinding its not the best paying

it sure is fun i think, sertainly when in a good team :)

They are great. I do 2 or 3 of them a day. 30k + 3400RP + free ammo. What more do we need from a job?

I'd rather do 2 RR's and pick up the weapons that the professions had..

AceThaCreator

I personally like doing them but only occasionally. I just beat sawmill, industrial, & legion all for the first time this past sun and thing is everytime you join a survival its always Boneyard kind of how the main contact job you get is rooftop rumble. I think the majority just don't have the patience to play through a whole survival which takes an average of 25-30minutes. I just do them for fun not for the payout or RP(which i obviously don't need). If your on XBOX ill help you knock some out.

Edited by BlackAce23
  • Like 1

They're fun, but out of the 30K payout you end up keeping about 20k due to all the explosives you have to buy back after it's done.

Trevorsfriend

There you have the answer to your own question players would rather do RR for the money than play a survival just for the fun of it.

I play them alot probably 1 or 2 a session, not for the cash or the RP I just like shooting and lots of it. I like to use the lower tier weapons aswell most times just to spice things up a bit, what i really want released is a survival creator, seems as though its possible...I hope the content creator is due an update soon

Edited by ParanoiaX
  • Like 2

i usually host/join a few of them a day if i can. in my personal experience, there's always someone hosting one, in particular the 'boneyard' survival (at least on ps3). i find them fun and since i barely use any explosives at all, i only 'waste' bullets, which is like ~1000 dollars per survival. the 30k cash and 3400 RP is super nice for someone like me who doesn't enjoy contact missions!

• Like 2

There you have the answer to your own question players would rather do RR for the money than play a survival just for the fun of it.

I'd rather RR cause it is quicker.

Edited by Nenzo

I overplayed them. Need a new one now.

Same here. I used to play them all the time, but I've took a rest for now. I still remember how great it felt when I survived wave 10 for the first time.

They need to increase the payout to 80k at least, for the time you put into a survival, you can make 112k on rooftop rumble, approx. Although they'll never do this of course, why? Cash cards.

Wayne Daniels

I love them. But the only reason I've been doing more than I normally do is because even though I've complete ten waves, it doesn't get "ticked off" you know the little green tick? So I keep doing them hoping it will register but nope :/

Edited by gta_aus

WRATH_OF_POWER

Looks like you just answered your own question.

I had thought doing a Survival would help rack up the RP but considering the time and effort of what it's worth, just do RR.

Yeah sure, it adds to the variety of GTA Online but from an efficiency point of view... RR.

I overplayed them. Need a new one now.

This.

We need a survival creator.

It was spoken about in another thread but a Survival Creator would just be abused. People would find a wall glitch to put them in or a corridor where you can funnel all the bad guys into one spot and easily take cover from helicopters.

Survival and Mission creator should be made available to a small pool of players whom have already had content verified, with some guidelines. If they break the rules, they lose their "license".

• Like 2

When I'm in a bloodthirsty mood. I don't play Survivals for cash, I play them for the fun.

CrysisAverted

Waste of time and money. It would be better if each round was 5k...

• Like 1

Whats the deal with survivals? No-one seems to do them. Every time I've tried to join one via quick jobs it takes 5 mins to load into a survival lobby and I'm the only one there.. Once in a blue moon I'd get an invite, but as I join the player who created it has already left leaving me by myself again (lonely).

Do you like them?

You'll spend more money in ammo than what you'll make if you go all 10 waves. Also in half the time you can make double the money with a couple of missions.

Do you like them?

You'll spend more money in ammo than what you'll make if you go all 10 waves. Also in half the time you can make double the money with a couple of missions.

You don't spend more in ammo, what the f*ck. How do you play survivals?

You can complete survivals by just using the AP pistol.

raving rabbid1

I tend to play at least a survival a day, my friends aren't really the best at PvP(and in some maps neither am I!) and mission grinding gets very boring for them so we usually just make a survival lobby and beat it, then select another map on the voting screen. Mix it up a bit too, like have a self set challenge like ____ only or no cover or minimal hud, silly stuff like that.

• Like 2

A few RR's would be faster yeah, but you should not be using 30K of ammo in a Survival.

One of the great things with survivals is all the weapons you need to finish each wave are usually provided.

OP, that's most likely a problem with your connection.

I know. I suffered the same thing.

Clearing my system cache (on Xbox 360) helped this. I uninstalled and then reinstalled everything, and now I can get into lobbies again relatively quickly and there's actually players in them now.

Survivals aren't really empty. Every time I join one, the lobby fills up after about a minute or so.