1. 1. Where will the next GTA be set?

• San Fierro
    • Las Venturas
    • Vice City
    • Liberty City
    • Carcer City
    • Los Santos
    • North Yankton
    • Other United States metropolitan adaptation (please specify)
    • City outside of the continental United States.
    • Multiple cities in the United States
    • Multiple cities outside of the United States
    • London

kamkaran

Hi guys!

That was such a good game!!

Zello

Baltimore Maryland? eh? perhaps gta charm city?

-snip-

Crime in Bodymore, Murdaland that would be a great place to explore

Walking around the Harbor then suddenly ending up in the hood.

Officer Holloway

Baltimore Maryland? eh? perhaps gta charm city?

-snip-

Crime in Bodymore, Murdaland that would be a great place to explore

Walking around the Harbor then suddenly ending up in the hood.

i think the inner harbor would be a great place for stealing boats. imagine stealing the USS Constillation or just a paddle boat or stealing an old train at the railroad museum. Bmore has a lot of potential.

imdonenow

My #1 Choice Is Liberty City, Los Santos, Vice City, San Fierro, Las Venturas & Countryside/Desert in Modern Day.

Edited by jay1993

VercettiGuy

Memphis or something like that. With big forests and moonshining.

HeroBrineR007

Vice City, with accesible by boat or plane (which takes around 10 minutes) to be able to fly to Liberty City and San Andreas and you get a few missions there too.

And of course Vice City will be the sane as in 1986 but will be slightly bigger and Tommy Vercetti will be a guy who gives you missions.

imdonenow

Memphis or something like that. With big forests and moonshining.

That’s where I live.

UPDATE: Actually, I’ve been to Memphis before, but I never lived there.

Edited by SweetToadette01

GTAFanForLyf

Modern Day Vice City, Modern Day Toronto to Montreal, San Fierro, Las Venturas or Rio De Janeiro

Shaundi.

HD VC most importantly

But for new ones:

Detroit

New Orleans

Washington DC

Dallas

Albuquerque

Toronto

Sydney

Melbourne

Kansas City

A Chinese city in mainland China for Huang Lee. Life after Triad life in LC.

*Qi*

I would Love LC or Set in Australia or Chicago.

NYC PATROL

Tough to guess where they might go next. They most likely have chosen the next setting already. Early V plans were already being drawn in 2009. Safe to say they are "under way".

I don't see the series moving international anytime soon.

Potential settings (cities and states) from more likely to less likely:

- Miami

- Las Vegas

- map featuring both Chicago + Detroit

- Hawaii

- Philadelphia

- Colorado

- Boston

- Baltimore

- Montana

- New Mexico

- New York City again but including upstate/countryside (R* originally envisioned this for IV)

- Somewhere in California again

A part of me would rather see a new locale but R* has been re-imagining old settings as of late (doing a pretty good job I might add) so should be interesting to see.

Edited by NYC PATROL

Pfister Comet

Vice City or Las Venturas.

I'd like to see Texas also with parts of Mexico. Would make great story IMO.

I don't think GTA will go outside USA anytime soon.

HoopBaller6

I think it's time for Rockstar to include the Windy City (Chicago). The GTA Universe needs to have more diversity, It has included Liberty City (New York), San Andreas (California), Vice City (Miami), and others.

GTAFanForLyf

My Top 5

1. Modern Day Toronto/GTA (Greater Toronto Area)

2. Modern Day Vice City

3. Coast of Australia (Sydney, Melbourne)

4. Chicago or Detroit (Why not both?)

5. Rio De Janeiro

xXAshDawgXx

A fictional version of Melbourne, Australia. Named "Eureka City"

evd

besides obvious:

-modern day Vice City

-modern day San Fierro

-modern day Las Venturas

I would like to see modern day Carcer City - a croissant shape island, with 2 major cities of Chicago and Detroit on both heads abd a mountain chain in the middle of the island.

The Chicago part of the Carcer City could be a normal type of a city, more modern and bussiness like, and the Detroit part more violent, focused around techno / house music, drugs, robbing, carjacking and burgling. The Detroit as far as it could be new era Manhunt's City should have darker tone, obsolete architecture, with some old gothic churches, town houses, deserted zoo.

the croissant shape of a city would be the greatest reason for more boats using (which are usualy very underrated)

Vanzant

Knock off the spam posts.

imdonenow

I'm surprised now we have two wishlist threads for GTA 6 now. I thought just the one was enough?

OT - I wanna see Washington, D.C.

What are the Cities in the USA?

Vanzant

I'm surprised now we have two wishlist threads for GTA 6 now. I thought just the one was enough?

What are you asking about exactly?

imdonenow

What are you asking about exactly?

About a list of USA Cities! :colgate:

kraftwerkd

Honestly, I'd like to see them just go all-out and do the entire U.S., but obviously GTA-ified. Instead of fifty states, maybe twelve. The new Ubisoft *shudder* game The Crew has done something similar, which sort of gave me the impetus for the idea. I'd first include the classic GTA locations; Carcer City, Liberty City, Vice City, San Fierro, Las Venturas, and Los Santos. Okay, that's great, but we've got one city that's far southeast, three cities that are southwest basically, and one that's northeast. How would we connect them all together? Well, I thought up some cities that may be able to fit alongside in the GTA universe.

First, to connect Vice to Liberty, versions of Atlanta and Philly could be used to connect them.

From Liberty to San Andreas, Pittsburg, St. Louis, KC, Denver, Albuquerque, Las Venturas.

From Vice to San Andreas, Atlanta, Dallas/Ft Worth & San Antonio, Albuquerque, Las Venturas.

Carcer City is, I'm assuming Chicago or Detroit, add Minneapolis, a whole bunch of countryside and then Boston.

Boston to San Andreas, intersperse with small hippy towns along the mountains, as well as other varied small towns interspersed throughout the mainland.

Along southern San Andreas and southern Texas, have the US-Mexico border crossing.

Along northern Boston and Minneapolis, have US-Canada border crossing.

Because you're a high-felony criminal, crossing the border would be suicide.

The whole map would be open, but only low-paying jobs would be available. As you climb through the ranks, bigger jobs become available in different cities.

Multiple properties in every city, within the countryside and desert, while bringing back temporary properties from RDR (high class hotels, roach motels, campgrounds).

Street racing, highway racing, vehicle import/export ranging from city-wide, state-wide, and country-wide (have to steal a car/collect guns, drugs or money on the west coast and bring it back to the east coast and vice versa).

Differing levels of crime and violence in each city, with each city's police force possessing different skills, tactics and behaviours. Some cities it could be easier to slip away unnoticed while others it may be a relative challenge to get away.

Trains & planes to make travel quicker.

All the HD-era vehicles so far, plus more. More classics, more modern muscle, more sports cars, more junkers, more sedans.

Well, all of this is unlikely to ever happen, but meh. It's nice to dream.

imdonenow

Honestly, I'd like to see them just go all-out and do the entire U.S., but obviously GTA-ified. Instead of fifty states, maybe twelve. The new Ubisoft *shudder* game The Crew has done something similar, which sort of gave me the impetus for the idea. I'd first include the classic GTA locations; Carcer City, Liberty City, Vice City, San Fierro, Las Venturas, and Los Santos. Okay, that's great, but we've got one city that's far southeast, three cities that are southwest basically, and one that's northeast. How would we connect them all together? Well, I thought up some cities that may be able to fit alongside in the GTA universe.

First, to connect Vice to Liberty, versions of Atlanta and Philly could be used to connect them.

From Liberty to San Andreas, Pittsburg, St. Louis, KC, Denver, Albuquerque, Las Venturas.

From Vice to San Andreas, Atlanta, Dallas/Ft Worth & San Antonio, Albuquerque, Las Venturas.

Carcer City is, I'm assuming Chicago or Detroit, add Minneapolis, a whole bunch of countryside and then Boston.

Boston to San Andreas, intersperse with small hippy towns along the mountains, as well as other varied small towns interspersed throughout the mainland.

Along southern San Andreas and southern Texas, have the US-Mexico border crossing.

Along northern Boston and Minneapolis, have US-Canada border crossing.

Because you're a high-felony criminal, crossing the border would be suicide.

The whole map would be open, but only low-paying jobs would be available. As you climb through the ranks, bigger jobs become available in different cities.

Multiple properties in every city, within the countryside and desert, while bringing back temporary properties from RDR (high class hotels, roach motels, campgrounds).

Street racing, highway racing, vehicle import/export ranging from city-wide, state-wide, and country-wide (have to steal a car/collect guns, drugs or money on the west coast and bring it back to the east coast and vice versa).

Differing levels of crime and violence in each city, with each city's police force possessing different skills, tactics and behaviours. Some cities it could be easier to slip away unnoticed while others it may be a relative challenge to get away.

Trains & planes to make travel quicker.

All the HD-era vehicles so far, plus more. More classics, more modern muscle, more sports cars, more junkers, more sedans.

Well, all of this is unlikely to ever happen, but meh. It's nice to dream.

Don't forget D.C./Baltimore, Seattle, Cleveland, Houston, Indianapolis and New Orleans. Edited by jay1993

gonetoplaythegame

Texas/Mexico with some North yankton style missions in colombia and a long haul flight to London to sample some muslim terrorists/EDL & Footy fans.

Skeloboy

Louisiana or missiippi deep south near swamps and bayou

peeeel

f*ck America, London and Europe.

Bring it home. GTA Dundee mothaf*ckers.

Tconzz22

I don't care where it is. I'm kind of expecting another iteration of Vice City. It will be fun to see how it's changed over the last 35 years. Vice City deserves a remake if Liberty City and San Andreas deserved it. Starfish Island would look sick. South beach would be dope, like Vespucci Beach on steroids. Little Haiti would be an interesting ghetto, along with the underworld of South Beach black, Hispanic and biker gangs.

Maybe the return of malls? If we get Vice City how could they ignore it.

For the people who want more countryside, I could see swamplands north of vice city, alligators? Lol. Idk.

If vice city, then I could also see North Yankton being a small part of the next GTA map. Who knows? A Denver, or Chicago or something like that where it gets cold. They put a lot of time into North Yankton especially for such a short appearance. I mean they made an entire town layout, with surrounding geography and all. Who knows, maybe North Yankton is the next Paleto Bay.

I'm gunna keep rambling, but I want a map with two different cities, and countryside in between. We can only expect a larger, more dense and varied map in five or so years whenever rockstar is finished with the next GTA. Something like the San Andreas map from back in the day with Los Santos, and Venturas or fierro. They had a few different cities on that map and executed it well for such the small area they worked with. I like the city and the country side. More than one city would be sick, and on a bigger map and the new consoles it's not out of the realm of possibility.

DC is a good idea, Baltimore is gritty. Country areas surrounding and in between. DC is the Mecca of corruption and we all know rockstar loves corruption. Secret service, terrorists, gang life, rich life. I guess DC has it all.

I don't care where the hell the next GTA is I trust rockstar all the way. As long as it has diversity I'm all in. I just hope they don't make any wild changes like throwing it in china or something. It would be cool, but it wouldn't be GTA.

RoyalxJackal

I would love to see gta with all their old citys put in one game so you could fly fron place to place. That would be sick.

Also maybe the ability to be a police officer. I mean everybodys wants it. Just let it happen.

SingingEwe954

The Motor City

1392998353000-022114detroit-skyline.jpg

We need new locations not keep revisiting old places. If you want to go back to New York go play GTA 4, don't make a new game around it unless we have the option to get in a airplane and fly to it.

Mike R.L.

Whenever I come to these threads I always say the same thing and today is no different:

Carcer City.

that's your chicago and detroit taken care of. No, it doesn't matter it was in Manhunt as Carcer has always been a GTA city.

Other than the slum area of the city we see in MH, theres a massive new location waiting to be realised.

covall

My desire is to see Vice City in HD. I think GTA: Vice City is considered the most iconic GTA in 3D so far by most of the fans. If R* decided on Vice City, I couldn't imagine putting the plot out of the 80's decade. On the other hand, they've already took advantage of the best 80s hits (VC, VCS, Vice City FM @ EFLC). Therefore, I'm not sure if they were able to complete the sountrack :D