1. 1. Where will the next GTA be set?

• San Fierro
    • Las Venturas
    • Vice City
    • Liberty City
    • Carcer City
    • Los Santos
    • North Yankton
    • Other United States metropolitan adaptation (please specify)
    • City outside of the continental United States.
    • Multiple cities in the United States
    • Multiple cities outside of the United States
    • London

Not so important. What is important and should be perfectly realized, is the contrast between the northern and southern part of the map, with cold and dark citys in the north and warm and bright citys in the south. It would be amazing to stay for a while in a city like New York just to drive to the south, seeing the weather changing to a brighter and warmer tone. Every City or area should have it´s own and special character.

Edited by Jon Dohnson

I think we should respect the decision no  matter which location they're  going to do if they think it's the right direction,they think about all possibilities and perfectly nail it.Besides Rockstar games were known for their not-so big of a map and incredible detail,other companies tried to do gigantic maps without details and failed miserably(Looking at you True Crime games)

Neither SA or V were  amongst the biggest maps in the industry even in their initial release.

Edited by Ryz 92
  • Like 1
On 3/29/2021 at 9:16 AM, WuZiMu_ said:

Why tf does everyone act like it's certain to be Vice City? R* won't just revisit every location over and over again

Because common sense? they recreated Liberty City and Los Santos again in the last two entries, the logical next place is Vice City.

On 3/29/2021 at 9:16 AM, WuZiMu_ said:

R* won't just revisit every location over and over again

Lmao, they literally did, twice.

there are better locations to be explored imo than to just recycle games from 2002 and 2006.

Since when setting a game in the same real life city is the same as "Recycling it"?, with that retarded statement we can say Driv3r, Scarface: The World is Yours and The Godfather 2 are rehashes from Vice City because they are based off in Miami as well.

ADropInTheOcean

Hey, here's something fun I found on the forum: a poll from 2008 about the location of GTA V! Boy, how wacky would it be if we were wrong about the same city twice... 🤔

D7Ap4Ec.png

I'm still thinking Vice City.

It'd be nice to see a HD version of that City.

it is what it is..,

theyll chose what they chose..,

and theyll do it very calculated.., so the protagonist doesnt always have to..,

but seriously.., even if alot of peolle want a location doesnt mean itlk happen..,

point in case at the image of the poll for V's location..,

no "(2+2=fish) so vice city" logic will convince others whod rather not.., and nostalgia never really factored much.., only the chance some people will be disappoint be higher than if somewhere "new"..,

its become reflexive whilst away to see any "news" relating to GTANEXT(since its not even clear of its a modern numeral or a time piece subtitle), specially if it has a clickbaity thumbnail meant to attract those who desperately want a specific location,

with incredibly annoyed amount of skepticism..,

(just like how recently a posting for a creator for "media" leaning towards net sites has led some of those clickbait "news" sites to mildly say maybe it wont/will be a certain place, with no evidence at all asides a posting for hire..,)

if asked id say the surprise is "a" key to create impact.., while that wont matter once the game is out..,

nothing so far has pointed anywhere.., and its not motivating to see that the theory rumor mill is still running on VC side..,(which has in the past used alot of nonsense to push other opinions out..,)

we can only wait and see/stay away as usual.., all in all they'll stay away from oversaturated things of today, and things similar to what they have done recently..,(at least thats what i expect, since anything else would be retracing lines and not making impact or lasting and notable review)

i can only expect a "jokes on you" info/leak/trailer making one location seem like it, before the actual location is revealed.., (just to make it the location of the next game after with that tie in..,)[in short i can expect them to mess with those who push for specific things.., but in a joking way and then throw them a bone which will not be until the one after]

time to hit hibernate again and hope the weak logic finally goes away.., as nice and thick info comes in to tide those who stay here at all during the wait..,

Expecting a big map with multiple cities, so it can be used for online and lasts 10+ years.

Can also see them starting online with just one island and adding more along the years.

Just-Chippin

We‘re entering the 3rd title of the HD era. The 3rd game in the 3D era (San Andreas) stepped up scale in a huge way - the SA map still feels larger than V.

The most logical location is Vice City, but it will be far more than just Vice City. The most predictable expansion  would be to Cuba, Bahamas & South America. This is most likely as we all know the Latin American market is huge and would be a hit especially in these regions.

We also have to remember that R* will want to make a large and varied sandbox for GTAOnline to continue to operate in for the next 10+ years.

We must also set ourselves up for the likely hood of a lazy business decision when it comes to VI. I doubt Dan Houser would have left R* if he were extremely excited about the next GTA title release. Including Liberty City, Los Santos and Vice City in one map (as leaks suggest) sounds like a decision from T2 that would sh*t on the level of detail and atmosphere R* usually achieve with more focussed maps. I’m not saying large maps can’t be done well by R*, but reusing the same map feels lazy. RDR1 map was pointless in RDRII, but that shows their interest in the idea.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Volatollotalov

'Americas' might well encompass more than just the US American driving experience.

Getting from A to B migh be harder, and maybe more realistic, than you might otherwise expect.

Muramasa1794

What I hope is wherever the new location will be, Los Santos should be able to be visited again along with Liberty City.

Shyabang Shyabang

A city in the US and another outside of the US such as:

Havana

or

Kingston

Just-Chippin

Vice City + South American islands.

Los Santos + Vice City + Liberty City for GTAOnline V2

warthog911
Posted (edited)

I had posted this back in 2009.

Never knew that the year 1985 would be the leaked year and not to mention the leaked character "ricardo" is the the same name character in miami vice voiced by philip michael thomas who coincidentally voiced lance vance.

Image the tralier  starting with VI and then adding CE making VICE!

Edited by warthog911
  • Bruh 1
The Green Goo

Vice City for GTA VI.

San Fierro & Las Venturas for VII.

Then back to Liberty City for VIII in 2050.

Jokeman123
19 hours ago, The Green Goo said:

Vice City for GTA VI.

San Fierro & Las Venturas for VII.

Then back to Liberty City for VIII in 2050.

Instead of LC I think they should explore something new

RamsaySaint77
Posted (edited)

Gta VI- Vice City

Gta VII- San Fierro, Las Venturas and Los Santos

Gta VIII- Carcer City, Liberty City, Alderney, and cities based on Atlantic City and Washington DC

Gta IX- All cities in one map

Gta X- The world

Edited by RamsaySaint77
horsewithnoname

GTA V PS5/XSX - Los Santos
GTA V PS6/XSXX - Los Santos
GTA V PS7/XSXXX - Los Santos

Look, I expect GTA VI to be set in Vice City, but... hear me out.

I would actually prefer a much more different approach. Give us the north east coast, from grim little fishing towns to large forests and big lakes. Add a few larger (and smaller) cities, based on Boston (east), Salem/Sleepy Hollow, Chicago/Detroit (west) and in the south have Liberty City (New York) finalize the map. I loved the unique vibe that Watch Dogs 1's environment brought to the open world crime genre. A living and breathing city, but also featuring small rural towns surrounded by deep thick forests. I honestly would love to see GTA explore a more mountainous/forestry northern area instead of focusing most of their games on (sub) tropical areas. 

Imagine a game featuring this:
10 Prettiest Coastal Towns In Maine - New England Today

towns surrounded by forest areas

Here Are The 12 Most Beautiful, Charming Small Towns In Michigan | Small  towns, Michigan, Beach town

Another one of the best small towns in America.

Cities with loads of bridges and water

Watch Dogs Wallpaper - Download

and small villages and towns with lakes and large forests

HD wallpaper: forest, mountains, pond, Watch Dogs - environments, fishing  island | Wallpaper Flare

artwork, Gas station, Watch Dogs

Some old (haunted) mansions:
Portland, Maine | Creepy old houses, Creepy houses, Beautiful buildings

I think this would be an amazing setting for the new GTA game, plus it would offer a lot of different environments. From lush forests to high mountains, plus if this would have been set in the Autumn... it would look like this:
Experience the Best of Fall in Camden, Maine

The Best Places to See Maine Fall Foliage - AllTheRooms - The Vacation  Rental Experts

• Like 2
Thomas Cavendish
On 5/22/2021 at 7:10 PM, RamsaySaint77 said:

Gta VI- Vice City

Gta VII- San Fierro, Las Venturas and Los Santos

Gta VIII- Carcer City, Liberty City, Alderney, and cities based on Atlantic City and Washington DC

Gta IX- All cities in one map

Gta X- The world

VI 2023
VII 2033
VIII 2043
IX 2053

I'm not sure if I'm gonna see these.

• Like 2
gucciflipflops

would be cool if they remade the guitar hard rock hotel in hollywood, florida

Seminole.jpg

On 5/26/2021 at 11:30 AM, ivarblaauw said:

Look, I expect GTA VI to be set in Vice City, but... hear me out.

I would actually prefer a much more different approach. Give us the north east coast, from grim little fishing towns to large forests and big lakes. Add a few larger (and smaller) cities, based on Boston (east), Salem/Sleepy Hollow, Chicago/Detroit (west) and in the south have Liberty City (New York) finalize the map. I loved the unique vibe that Watch Dogs 1's environment brought to the open world crime genre. A living and breathing city, but also featuring small rural towns surrounded by deep thick forests. I honestly would love to see GTA explore a more mountainous/forestry northern area instead of focusing most of their games on (sub) tropical areas. 

Imagine a game featuring this:
10 Prettiest Coastal Towns In Maine - New England Today

towns surrounded by forest areas

Here Are The 12 Most Beautiful, Charming Small Towns In Michigan | Small  towns, Michigan, Beach town

Another one of the best small towns in America.

Cities with loads of bridges and water

Watch Dogs Wallpaper - Download

and small villages and towns with lakes and large forests

HD wallpaper: forest, mountains, pond, Watch Dogs - environments, fishing  island | Wallpaper Flare

artwork, Gas station, Watch Dogs

Some old (haunted) mansions:
Portland, Maine | Creepy old houses, Creepy houses, Beautiful buildings

I think this would be an amazing setting for the new GTA game, plus it would offer a lot of different environments. From lush forests to high mountains, plus if this would have been set in the Autumn... it would look like this:
Experience the Best of Fall in Camden, Maine

The Best Places to See Maine Fall Foliage - AllTheRooms - The Vacation  Rental Experts

Yup, completely agree. These kind of environments would be infintley more interesting than Floridas boring, flat everglades. 

CynicalMexican
Posted (edited)

Hmm... 

- A revamped Vice City that's much closer to Miami + surrounding South Florida areas. It would be awesome to see classic neighborhoods such as Little Havana and Little Haiti be redone, with new areas not in the og VC (such as Alpattah or the infamous Liberty City neighborhood, could be called New York to be cheeky)

- A city based on Mexico City larger than LC, with kickass mountains surrounding it.

- Rio and its surroundings, Copacabana and the favelas would be dope to explore

- A new American city that's never been done before - I would love Boston and surrounding New England areas. I love the Northeast US, beautiful countryside and architecture. Plus, Boston was/is a huge drug trafficking hotspot, with Irish and Italian mobs too

- Caribbean island, I'm thinking Nassau, or maybe even San Juan, have an Elizabeta Torres relative run a cartel out of the PR

- Maybe some random Canadian hick city where the player pushes coke and opioids from some sketchy pharma factory or pill mill

Would be the dream Project Americas map, get a taste of everything

Edited by CynicalMexican