1. 1. Where will the next GTA be set?

• San Fierro
    • Las Venturas
    • Vice City
    • Liberty City
    • Carcer City
    • Los Santos
    • North Yankton
    • Other United States metropolitan adaptation (please specify)
    • City outside of the continental United States.
    • Multiple cities in the United States
    • Multiple cities outside of the United States
    • London

MrBreak16
5 hours ago, el capito said:

Would love to see modern times RDR 2 map included in GTA 6. See how the world has changed and to add more rural areas. Imagine speeding through the desert in your muscle car 🤠

Sadly it's unlikely, because RDR and GTA are basically their own separate universes. On top of that, New York and California exists in RDR while there are called Liberty City and San Andreas respectively in GTA.

Edited by MrBreak16
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
DownInThePMs

Vice city is boring i just want a gta thats set in a rust belt city, atlanta or NOLA

• Like 1
Tuntchio
2 hours ago, DownInThePMs said:

Vice city is boring i just want a gta thats set in a rust belt city, atlanta or NOLA

A newer Saint Denis would be great! I'd like to see what it would look like!

Jabalous

I believe that the most likely setting is one that is centered around Vice City. The map could be covering South Florida, the Caribbean and extend to locations in South America (e.g. Colombia, Brazil). Florida alone won't cut it for R* for the reason of being environmentally limited. I'm open for any setting that will bring variety in terms of the geography and environments.

• Like 3
xanoka
12 hours ago, DownInThePMs said:

and why is vice city boring? we only have 1 gta in vice city and it was back in 2002 who knows what rockstar can do nowadays with it. i really hope gta vi's map is VC 'cause it's the only map that's left to recreate and if the game is set in the 80's, well that's gonna be wild

• Like 2
FanEu7

I really want multiple cities again in GTA VI, just one would feel lame after 10 years of waiting. With GTA V they had the excuse of it being made for the PS3/Xbox 360 generation but this will be created for the PS5 from the beginning 

Edited by FanEu7
xanoka
16 minutes ago, FanEu7 said:

I really want multiple cities again in GTA VI, just one would feel lame after 10 years of waiting. With GTA V they had the excuse of it being made for the PS3/Xbox 360 generation but this will be created for the PS5 from the beginning 

i would rather a big city (1.5x the size os los santos) and a good chunck of countryside (like gta v's) and have plenty of --> interesting <-- things to do than a big f* map with 2 or 3 cities but with filler all around the corner

MrBreak16
1 hour ago, xanoka said:

i would rather a big city (1.5x the size os los santos) and a good chunck of countryside (like gta v's) and have plenty of --> interesting <-- things to do than a big f* map with 2 or 3 cities but with filler all around the corner

It can work with 2 cities. Also if they put Vice City in the game it shouldn’t be 1.5x bigger than Los Santos because Miami is smaller than Los Angeles and New York City 

• Like 1
IllregentHUN

I think it would be nice to see something outside the USA. Maybe some South-American country.

• Like 1
extremo69

I think GTA6 should just be in Vice City. I want the focus to be on Vice City and the more rural areas outside like the swamps and forests. I also would prefer a modern day take on Vice City. I don't want to go back to the 80s unless the game takes place across different eras, in which I case I'm down for that.

extremo69
On 1/8/2021 at 6:29 PM, MrBreak16 said:

It can work with 2 cities. Also if they put Vice City in the game it shouldn’t be 1.5x bigger than Los Santos because Miami is smaller than Los Angeles and New York City 

Yeah but there's no telling if the actual canon size of Los Santos is actually what's shown to us. If that were the case we could assume that Southern San Andreas in canon is actually an island in the middle of nowhere, which it's not because the Lost MC rode their motorcycles to Sandy Shores as Johnny rode his from Liberty City to Los Santos in 2004. I think it's safe to say that Los Santos is way bigger than what we're allowed to explore in gameplay, I think Los Santos is most defiantly the same size as real life Los Angeles. Think about this, where is the Gloryhole Theme Park or any of the theme parks that the radios in both GTA4 and 5 say LS is known for? If Los Santos was really the size shown in gameplay it would not be as populated as the game claims it to be. So there's no point in making Vice City smaller than LS. Rockstar could defiantly get away with making it bigger. 

MrBreak16
37 minutes ago, extremo69 said:

Yeah but there's no telling if the actual canon size of Los Santos is actually what's shown to us. If that were the case we could assume that Southern San Andreas in canon is actually an island in the middle of nowhere, which it's not because the Lost MC rode their motorcycles to Sandy Shores as Johnny rode his from Liberty City to Los Santos in 2004. I think it's safe to say that Los Santos is way bigger than what we're allowed to explore in gameplay, I think Los Santos is most defiantly the same size as real life Los Angeles. Think about this, where is the Gloryhole Theme Park or any of the theme parks that the radios in both GTA4 and 5 say LS is known for? If Los Santos was really the size shown in gameplay it would not be as populated as the game claims it to be. So there's no point in making Vice City smaller than LS. Rockstar could defiantly get away with making it bigger. 

Well the cities in GTA are not supposed to be the same size as in real life, but they still respect the overall size compared to other cities. New York City and Los Angeles are know for being huge cities and they are huge in GTA games, Liberty City being slightly bigger. Miami on the other hand is pretty small and less populated compared to the two other cities. So that’s why I think it would be better for Vice City to be slightly smaller than Los Santos and Liberty City

Geisterfaust

I'm not counting on anything outside USA considering how R* likes to make fun of the States, that could not go well with other countries (Top Gear Mexico incident comes to mind). Frankly, I will be happy with anything that is decent, good detailed and with a lot of various area to explore, something at least 2x bigger than V with the same level of detail.

Entire San Andreas like it was in SA but with 2020 tech? Count me in. Multiple cities in different states connected by cutscenes? Can live with that. I really want this game to be on par with V in terms of how polished gameplay is (at least in SP, we all know Online).

Edited by Geisterfaust
Spoiler

GTA world map concept by online fan Sengin - Album on Imgur

I always dreamed with something like this just imagine swamps, blue water beachs,deserts, snowy mountain,lakes,rivers,florests,area 69, the skyscrapper heaven from LC, the lights from LV, the bay of SF, the beaches of VC,all the glamor of Vinewood, each region with its  own archictecture, fauna and flora culture and way of living

Edited by JGGA
  • Like 4
TheSantader25

After seeing some videos about Detroit's ghetto areas, I'm convinced that City is perfect for a GTA game. That place is reeeeeally f*cked up. 

• Like 1

Has anyone seen the concept map for Independence City (Philadelphia)? I thought that would be something interesting to implement. Also with that map, it would include the southern portion of Alderney state.