2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Banning Players

Trevorsfriend

Trevorsfriend

OK as someone who has not played a lot of online games ( the last one was C+C Tiberian Sun). I would like to know why R* and the games industry in general do not ban players for glitching there games or do they. Think what i'm try to say is players are not scared to glitch. Why is not if you glitch or mod our game that,s it you cant play the game online. Is it a legal thing? Are they frightened players wont buy the next game? Is there any games company that players think i better not glitch or mod their games because if i do and get caught i'm out?

If GTA V was my game and you glitched or modded it online then there would be no more online for you.

OK as someone who has not played a lot of online games ( the last one was C+C Tiberian Sun). I would like to know why R* and the games industry in general do not ban players for glitching there games or do they. Think what i'm try to say is players are not scared to glitch. Why is not if you glitch or mod our game that,s it you cant play the game online. Is it a legal thing? Are they frightened players wont buy the next game? Is there any games company that players think i better not glitch or mod their games because if i do and get caught i'm out?

If GTA V was my game and you glitched or modded it online then there would be no more online for you.

just in case you missed it

http://gtaforums.com/topic/730955-modded-money-lobbies-ban-wave/

maybeanotherone

where to start op...?

there's no way to get everyone

and if you did, that means you're loosing costumers

the policy is clear, only repeat offenders or really disruptive modders get permabanned

if you had a game, nobody would play it, and you would do little but check for who broke your rules.

you have a poor understanding of business and common sense

Edited by maybeanotherone

Those C&C games were awesome.

Anyway their goal is to have a large player base - the larger the base, the larger the market for purchases later on (cash cards, DLC etc).**

So generally banning customers isn't a preference, they'd prefer to slap you on the wrist and try to deter you from doing it again before resorting to such measures.

There is a cheater pool, and you can get banned, but they only really step in when it's necessary and they have sufficient proof or enough player reports

** e.g. I have glitched money, but I've bought two copies of the game, and two cash cards since the release - as well as promoting it to friends and I don't troll people in free roam. I'm not the worst customer in the world.

Edited by SpidersWeb

What Rockstar should do is take out legal action against all the big hackers/modders as well as the YouTube personalities who promote and share how to exploit the game. Take out the top guys. Then work their way down the food chain, banning as many hackers and modders as they can. Iron fisted punishment is the only way.

What Rockstar should do is take out legal action against all the big hackers/modders as well as the YouTube personalities who promote and share how to exploit the game. Take out the top guys. Then work their way down the food chain, banning as many hackers and modders as they can. Iron fisted punishment is the only way.

What they're doing isn't illegal. At worst it violates their EULA, so they could get banned from the game.

If it was in regard to damages, it'd be quite easy to say that R* did insufficient testing on their systems and poor development work.

Edit: mind you, in the US, I'm sure they could find a way to sue for anything.

Edited by SpidersWeb

Trevorsfriend

where to start op...?

there's no way to get everyone

and if you did, that means you're loosing costumers

the policy is clear, only repeat offenders or really disruptive modders get permabanned

if you had a game, nobody would play it, and you would do little but check for who broke your rules.

you have a poor understanding of business and common sense

How do you work that out i have poor understanding of business and common sense.

I dont know of any other business who would let people steal from them and not do a thing about it.

So what you are saying is if i come up with a game as good as GTA or COD or any other AAA star game no one would buy it because they cant glitch it.In a way you are saying people only buy games to glitch them?

What they're doing isn't illegal. At worst it violates their EULA, so they could get banned from the game.

If it was in regard to damages, it'd be quite easy to say that R* did insufficient testing on their systems and poor development work.

I can understand individual hackers and modders not having legal action against them, but surely those YouTubers with a big fanbase promoting and publicly giving people the knowledge to exploit the game can have legal action taken against them?

Trevorsfriend

just in case you missed it

http://gtaforums.com/topic/730955-modded-money-lobbies-ban-wave/

Thats not what im asking

I think they just put them in cheater pool cause they feel sorry for them.... for even trying

I think they just put them in cheater pool cause they feel sorry for them.... for even trying

That also explains the free hat.

maybeanotherone

op used COD as an example of a good game.

i'm out

• Like 1

Trevorsfriend

Anyway their goal is to have a large player base - the larger the base, the larger the market for purchases later on (cash cards, DLC etc).**

So generally banning customers isn't a preference, they'd prefer to slap you on the wrist and try to deter you from doing it again before resorting to such measures.

There is a cheater pool, and you can get banned, but they only really step in when it's necessary and they have sufficient proof or enough player reports

** e.g. I have glitched money, but I've bought two copies of the game, and two cash cards since the release - as well as promoting it to friends and I don't troll people in free roam. I'm not the worst customer in the world.

I get the large player base but lets be honest MOST players who money glitched are not going to buy shark cards (why would they ) so losing them would make no difference to R*.

I can understand individual hackers and modders not having legal action against them, but surely those YouTubers with a big fanbase promoting and publicly giving people the knowledge to exploit the game can have legal action taken against them?

It'd be a hard battle to push for damages. You could probably get Fox News sued every 20 minutes.

Their systems allow it, and it's a game not a bank etc.

I've also wondered that good or bad - the publicity generated on youtube by these guys actually keeps the game active in people's minds - no publicity is bad publicity etc - so they may not even hate them as much as you might think (well the company, I'm sure some of the developers are like 'noooooooooooooo!')

Trevorsfriend

i'm out

if you would have read the post then you could have worked out im old and have never even played COD but for me to even know about it it must be a big game.

Thank for your input which was nil

@OP first you say "I would like to know why R* and the games industry in general do not ban players for glitching there games or do they"

so I provided a link.http://gtaforums.com/topic/730955-modded-money-lobbies-ban-wave/

then you say this "Think what i'm try to say is players are not scared to glitch. Why is not if you glitch or mod our game that,s it you cant play the game online. Is it a legal thing?"

most people will do as they wish its free will regardless of the consequences. The second part is because you don't get strait up banned for an offense that is reserved for repeat offenders, others get put in cp or bs lobbies. Also it would be silly to take legal action as it is a VIDEO GAME.

maybeanotherone

I get the large player base but lets be honest MOST players who money glitched are not going to buy shark cards (why would they ) so losing them would make no difference to R*. 

right, so your logic is to ban them and ensure they wont buy your next game.

do you now understand why i said nobody would play your game? not that everyone wants to glitch, it's you who want to ban everybody.

you know what fixes glitches and exploits? instead of mass bans, proper beta testing.

Without figures we can't be sure, but once you're used to being able to buy things whenever you want - R* clears the cash and there isn't a new glitch - I think most would be just as likely, if not more, than a regular player to purchase a cash card. Just food for thought, I have no evidence other than myself and I'm only one guy.

Edited by SpidersWeb

maybeanotherone

i'm out

if you would have read the post then you could have worked out im old and have never even played COD but for me to even know about it it must be a big game.

age is not relevant to the cognitive function

you're right COD is a big game

being a big game does not necessarily make it a good game

but that's semantics

tell me again of your great idea to ban millions of people

It'd be a hard battle to push for damages. You could probably get Fox News sued every 20 minutes.

Their systems allow it, and it's a game not a bank etc.

I've also wondered that good or bad - the publicity generated on youtube by these guys actually keeps the game active in people's minds - no publicity is bad publicity etc - so they may not even hate them as much as you might think (well the company, I'm sure some of the developers are like 'noooooooooooooo!')

I dunno. Maybe it's just my vindictive side speaking. I know if it was my product, I'd do everything I could to make sure these YouTubers curse the day they created their accounts.

Trevorsfriend

@OP first you say "I would like to know why R* and the games industry in general do not ban players for glitching there games or do they"

so I provided a link.http://gtaforums.com/topic/730955-modded-money-lobbies-ban-wave/

then you say this "Think what i'm try to say is players are not scared to glitch. Why is not if you glitch or mod our game that,s it you cant play the game online. Is it a legal thing?"

most people will do as they wish its free will regardless of the consequences. The second part is because you don't get strait up banned for an offense that is reserved for repeat offenders, others get put in cp or bs lobbies. Also it would be silly to take legal action as it is a VIDEO GAME.

I never said take legal action. i said is it a legal thing meaning that R* cant ban a player because the player payed for the game so it there game to do with as they please. Again where in that post is the answer to by question

Trevorsfriend

i'm out

age is not relevant to the cognitive function

you're right COD is a big game

being a big game does not necessarily make it a good game

but that's semantics

tell me again of your great idea to ban millions of people

What is it with you people I NEVER SAID BAN MILLIONS.

right, so your logic is to ban them and ensure they wont buy your next game.

do you now understand why i said nobody would play your game? not that everyone wants to glitch, it's you who want to ban everybody.

you know what fixes glitches and exploits? instead of mass bans, proper beta testing.

things like this do not mean a thing to me as i'v not got a clue what it means.

its obvious now that none of these answers are good enough for you.

you know you can always email rockstar instead of asking questions on a fan made forum populated by, you guessed it, fans.

• Like 1

maybeanotherone

you said MILLIONS alright

you said that people who purposedly glitch should be banned

i assure you millions have purposedly glitched gtao

and if you don't know nor care to know what "beta testing" is then you have proved yourself too ignorant for the discussion you started.

of course we knew it all along

• Like 2

Trevorsfriend

you said MILLIONS alright

you said that people who purposedly glitch should be banned

i assure you millions have purposedly glitched gtao

and if you don't know nor care to know what "beta testing" is then you have proved yourself too ignorant for the discussion you started.

of course we knew it all along

At no time did i say ban millions pls show if you can. Again with most post on this site folks dont read the post ( where did i say anything about beta testing) and just think someone is having a go at them. maybe it was me who never put the question the correct way. BUT you have answered the question bit by bit.

Have fun without a playerbase :)

Trevorsfriend

Ok so with that answer you are saying that if a game does not glitches or mods ( the game breaking ones) it will have no player base.Fair enough im ok with that but do tell me this why are R* asking players to report other players for glitching and modding ? why did R* take back all the DNS money if glitching and modding is part of gaming?

I like to think that I'm one of a kind... but if I'd still play it, I'm betting others would too ;)

f*ck glitchers and modders, GTA will survive without them.

Fluffy Apple

Personally, i couldn't give a crap about glitchers...nearly everyone on gtao glitch their vehicle or get them through glitches and still deny it all. typical gta player. but if they had a "catch a hacker/modder" system implemented it would make a huge difference to this corrupted game.

not easy to keep a game of this structure in perfect condition so we all should not expect so much from rockstar who are already trying hard enough or are currently occupied fixing the recent bitches people spring at them.

invite only session is gtao for me and it works just as well.

• Like 1