Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,352 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

ainsz

Silent Hills

Saliva

Looks good. Is the demo on the EU store yet?

ainsz

Yeah, has been for awhile.

Johan

I was actually waiting for the perfect time to play this demo, and what better time than 4am on a Sunday? Currently halfway done downloading it on the PS4, gonna use my Sony Wireless Stereo Headset as well and turn off the lights.. hopefully I'll be alive by the end to give in my 2 cents on it. It's been a very long time since I've played a Silent Hill game.

Finished playing it a while ago (not fully because the PSN maintenance ended up kicking me off the demo) I gotta say it's pretty damn good.. the puzzles had me thinking a lot, the atmosphere and graphics were top notch. I say it's heading in the right direction, gonna replay it again later on and try for the secret ending as well as the collectibles.

Edited by Johan

Money Over Bullshit

^ You do realize that the demo has absolutely no relation to the final main game, right?

We don't know that for sure. Chances are it will probably be a completely different story with new characters but who knows at this point.

GTA3Rockstar

^ You do realize that the demo has absolutely no relation to the final main game, right?

We don't know that for sure. Chances are it will probably be a completely different story with new characters but who knows at this point.

Well at the end of the trailer, it says; "This game is a teaser. It has no direct relation to the main title."

So basically, it has nothing to do with Silent Hills. They just made it for people to learn what game they was announcing.

Money Over Bullshit

Well at the end of the trailer, it says; "This game is a teaser. It has no direct relation to the main title."

So basically, it has nothing to do with Silent Hills. They just made it for people to learn what game they was announcing.

You seem to be forgetting that Hideo Kojima is involved. This is the same man who has purposefully mislead us about this game twice already.

visionist

I can't find the demo on the PS Store. Do I need PS Plus?

Wayne Daniels

I can't find the demo on the PS Store. Do I need PS Plus?

You on PS3 store or ps4?

visionist

PS4 Store. Do I look in the games section? It only seems to feature full games and not demos...

Wayne Daniels

There's a section there for demos as well. Or use the search feature on the store...

visionist

Very weird. I can't find a demos section anywhere, and the search feature only lets you search one letter at a time; starting by typing "S" stops me from following up with "I" and starting with "P" (for "Playable Teaser") brings up nothing SH related. I even went on my laptop and went on the PS Store and couldn't find anything...

Where is the demos section? I'm playing on Italy but my PSN account is set to the UK if that makes a difference.

ainsz

Did you try P.T.? Forget that, you can't use full stops.

It's still featured on my store page which is UK:20140906142956.jpg20140906143018.jpg20140906143034.jpg

Edited by ainsz

visionist

I found it :) Downloading now...

This will be my friend's first taste of PS4 and he's a real wuss regarding horror. A shame I've already watched the demo on youtube...

Kiffster

New trailer. It is awesome!

[Youtube]

ainsz

Updated the OP with new trailer etc.Also news on the game maybe being episodic. I'd rather have a full release but I'm guessing a GOTY/Definnitive edition would sort that.

Onett

I don't know about that new trailer. Sure, it's nice to have some news, but I don't really like what was shown, it looks more jumpscare horror than psychological horror.

thebreak

Just jumped on the console ship a week ago, P.T. is a great welcome gift!

I'm impressed by how the demo waits until you drop the guard to deliver the big scare. I'm fine with jump scares as long as they work in context (as opposed to a random cat jumping out), but the initial shock only lasts for about a second; anything beyond that they should do something more to keep you frightened.

Drill Sergeant

New trailer. It is awesome!

[Youtube]

Now I really want to get this. No jump scares please

Dutch Psycho

PT was the most scariest sh*t i've ever played and this looks like it's gonna have the same scariness. I'm playing the evil within atm and that game has some reallly sick and gore in it but it's not really scary. I can't wait to play the new silent hills.

wiizardii

So Daryl from walking dead is the protagonist? Niceeee......

Mista J

Holy smokes and a vagina.

Stormingz

This is coming out on Xbox One, right?

Drill Sergeant

No one knows yet

Edited by MrSemiFunny

Stormingz

No one knows yet

If it doesn't I'll be upset.

Wheatley

Bumping this thread up from the depths due to the disappointing and upsetting news that Konami have (possibly but very most likely) cancelled Silent Hills.

Not only is PT being removed from the PSN store on the 29th of this month - but last night Guillermo Del Toro at San Francisco International Film Festival said this:

It's not gonna happen and that breaks my greasy heart.

As seen here on this Tweet - that was retweeted by his assistant.

https://twitter.com/tvsmatthackney/status/592177537427447808

I'm extremely disappointed about this news - Silent Hills looked like the rebirth of the franchise. Just from PT - it looked like it was mixing the craft of Kojima's storylines with the grim atmosphere of Del Toro's horror. Something that the franchise itself desperately needed.

Edited by Wheatley

tuareg

I think this game would have been something you'd want to experience even if you're not a fan of the series/genre or just games in general.

I was expecting this to happen after what went down between kojipro and konami recently, but i'm not going to lie i'm feeling completely bummed.

Drill Sergeant

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

OurJud

I have a very good feeling about this game, which rarely happens. My gut is telling me this might be very special indeed. And I say that because of the possibility it will be in first-person.

I've not played any of the other SH games, as I'm not a fan of the third-person view, but if this does turn out to be a first-person game I will be buying it at launch.

I was absolutely blown away by the playable demo (although I didn't play it, just watched clips) and have never seen a first-person viewpoint and perspective as good as this before. The character appears to have real weight, giving a real sense that you are walking - unlike most FP games where it's like watching the environment through a steadycam bolted to the players waist. It looks as though they've got the level of head-bob and swaying absolutely spot on for once.

NachoLZ

Its really sad, I cant believe this news, this was THE horror game the genre needed.

OurJud

Man alive! I downloaded the demo and am even more pissed to hear this isn't going to happen.

I was so affected by the first few minutes that I decided to stop half way through and wait until nightfall so that I can play it in darkness with no peripheral distractions. I'm also going to dig out my headphones.

I can't believe this has been cancelled. Any word on why??

Edited by OurJud