2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Do any of you realize that...........

spidey1234

When DLC is leaked by Dumbf*ckLive and other youtubers, it's possible that when Rockstar hear about the leaks, they can just delay the dlc which was possible to be released the Tuesday after, to whatever date they wanted to? Think about it, Rockstar try hard to be silent about their dlcs and their games with the latest leak just saying "DLC pack" and I don't think they like it when youtubers leak the details, so they troll us by delaying the dlc, making us think that the dlc was fake. What do you think?

• Like 2

Youtubers are dirty peasants who care about subscribers, likes and their income off their videos. It's why there's so much misleading bullsh*t on Youtube.

No. So you're saying Rockstar wouldn't release the DLC for everyone else just because of one asshole?

Edited by Flight_School_12/08
  • Like 2

I don't think Rockstar would do that.

That being said though, I do think those YouTubers are a bunch of f*ckwits who should go out and get a real job rather than rake in money from making sh*tty videos for 12 year olds who look up to them as if they were Jesus reincarnated.

R should just stop putting unreleased DLC files in the current builds, so the only ones who could leak would be R employees..

• Like 6

I doubt R* is that petty, if they've planned a DLC release they're hardly gonna u-turn on it just because some twat leaked it..

• Like 1

R should just stop putting unreleased DLC files in the current builds, so the only ones who could leak would be R employees..

But that would mean more upload work next patch...Derp.

When DLC is leaked by Dumbf*ckLive and other youtubers, it's possible that when Rockstar hear about the leaks, they can just delay the dlc which was possible to be released the Tuesday after, to whatever date they wanted to? Think about it, Rockstar try hard to be silent about their dlcs and their games with the latest leak just saying "DLC pack" and I don't think they like it when youtubers leak the details, so they troll us by delaying the dlc, making us think that the dlc was fake. What do you think?

No. Not releasing the DLC costs them money, in both the short term and long term. It does absolutely no good for them. They certainly wouldn't refuse to release something just to piss off Youtubers and their fans. It has nothing to do with it.

They delay DLC, and game releases, and heists, and everything else they do, ever, because despite incredible talent in their creative department, they kind of suck as a company. They are disorganized, they have terrible conditions and hours for their lower level workers, they have no idea how to properly communicate with their consumer base, they have no idea how to properly communicate with other departments within their own company, they have no idea how to meet basic deadlines, etc etc..

They have had these problems since GTA IV, but hopefully the PR calamity and lack of consumer trust (not to mention the incomplete product they know they released to us) will motivate them to restructure. Keep the creative guys, but get some better administrators and executives and such. Because it will be tough to compete with the other gaming companies if nothing they plan to release ever comes out on time, and stock holder pressures force them to release products that aren't even finished despite being behind schedule by considerable amounts of time. GTA V is still a great game, but it's untouched potential is glaring. It still does not offer as much content as GTA San Andreas did, and despite having some incredible elements, is the first GTA since GTA 2 to not live up to expectations.*

*It should be noted that some were disappointed in GTA IV, but Rockstar was pretty straightforward about what to expect in that game. That it would be largely story driven, and that due to the switch to entirely new graphics and physics engines, it would not contain the same level of activities as San Andreas. Thus, because Rockstar was mostly honest with us about what the game would and would not contain, it gets a pass. GTA V was hyped as the San Andreas of the PS3/Xbox360 generation, and it didn't even come remotely close to matching up to Vice City. Everything about this game, and the reason many of us still play it, is about its untapped potential, which because of periodic updates and a port to more powerful consoles, is still possible to tap. All hope is not lost, but our faith is fading quick.

I don't think Rockstar would do that.

That being said though, I do think those YouTubers are a bunch of f*ckwits who should go out and get a real job rather than rake in money from making sh*tty videos for 12 year olds who look up to them as if they were Jesus reincarnated.

Even if it gave you easy money?

http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/typicalgamer

juantrapriguez

No. Not releasing the DLC costs them money, in both the short term and long term. It does absolutely no good for them. They certainly wouldn't refuse to release something just to piss off Youtubers and their fans. It has nothing to do with it.

They delay DLC, and game releases, and heists, and everything else they do, ever, because despite incredible talent in their creative department, they kind of suck as a company. They are disorganized, they have terrible conditions and hours for their lower level workers, they have no idea how to properly communicate with their consumer base, they have no idea how to properly communicate with other departments within their own company, they have no idea how to meet basic deadlines, etc etc..

They have had these problems since GTA IV, but hopefully the PR calamity and lack of consumer trust (not to mention the incomplete product they know they released to us) will motivate them to restructure. Keep the creative guys, but get some better administrators and executives and such. Because it will be tough to compete with the other gaming companies if nothing they plan to release ever comes out on time, and stock holder pressures force them to release products that aren't even finished despite being behind schedule by considerable amounts of time. GTA V is still a great game, but it's untouched potential is glaring. It still does not offer as much content as GTA San Andreas did, and despite having some incredible elements, is the first GTA since GTA 2 to not live up to expectations.*

*It should be noted that some were disappointed in GTA IV, but Rockstar was pretty straightforward about what to expect in that game. That it would be largely story driven, and that due to the switch to entirely new graphics and physics engines, it would not contain the same level of activities as San Andreas. Thus, because Rockstar was mostly honest with us about what the game would and would not contain, it gets a pass. GTA V was hyped as the San Andreas of the PS3/Xbox360 generation, and it didn't even come remotely close to matching up to Vice City. Everything about this game, and the reason many of us still play it, is about its untapped potential, which because of periodic updates and a port to more powerful consoles, is still possible to tap. All hope is not lost, but our faith is fading quick.

Didn't read any of that, but I'm sure you're 100% right.

• Like 2

You think R* make DLC to be nice to the players? You think someone on YouTube is being mean and R* don't share it?

lmao

R* make DLCs because it keeps people playing and people playing means cash cards which means money.

R* do DLC for money, they're not gonna wave money out the window just to get petty revenge against some twat on the internet.

They're a business that makes money, not a bunch of seven year olds.

Black Terminator

I don't think any of those dumb youtube uploaders would cause the DLC or new patches release by leaks. I however do think the cause of many set backs is because of those uploaders keep on influencing people o do glitches, money glitches, modding, god mode stuff and so on many exploits. That is what is setting stuff like this. Not the leaks. And half the time their leaks are never accurate.

WesternMotorcycleCo.

I was thinking it would be great if R* just put up this "DLC pack" on the marketplace just to troll dumbf*cklive and bitchassteddy when they had no plans to release DLC

Domislive is a fully blown hypocrite. When watching the Rumor and Spec thread last night, he posted a new video of the 'effect of a modded money lobby' and later commented that if "DLC is delayed by money lobbies" he's going to rage; even though he himself glorifies hacks and glitches, which make up the bulk of his videos. The mind boggles...

• Like 1

Do any of you realize that we have had ZERO DLCs so far? It's all just been updates with a fancy name.

signature500x-e1644500940546.png

Ohhh look another "Bash Domislive" thread.

Haven't heard the same whistle and tune be blown before.

• Like 1

Do any of you realize that we have had ZERO DLCs so far? It's all just been updates with a fancy name.

So cars, clothes, weapons, missions.... yeah, no content there.

• Like 4

Which could be classified as DLC. Updates are still Downloadable Content, but hopefully we'll have a DLC that's actually adds a story expansion soon. :D

• Like 2

So cars, clothes, weapons, missions.... yeah, no content there.

> Updates with a fancy name.

An update can bring content with it.

signature500x-e1644500940546.png

The Youtubers are free advertising for R*.

Who cares if something in a DLC was leaked a few days before it's out.

It's just a sale preview so the players know what to spend their money on. Builds more hype before the release of the new content.

IMO I think it does them more good than harm.

• Like 2

Personally I don't think that they give a flying f*ck, any publicity is good publicity.

I don't think any of those dumb youtube uploaders would cause the DLC or new patches release by leaks. I however do think the cause of many set backs is because of those uploaders keep on influencing people o do glitches, money glitches, modding, god mode stuff and so on many exploits. That is what is setting stuff like this. Not the leaks. And half the time their leaks are never accurate.

Might be true, from a week to week perspective. Modders and glitchers would not be responsible for long term setbacks like the inability to release heists, but I could definitely see Rockstar holding back a week or two because they feel they would rather wait an extra week to get the patch out, than put a patch out there and wait another month to patch the glitches.

That said, I feel as though it is unfair to blame humans for engaging in behavior that is in their nature. If there are glitches and exploits, people are going to exploit them. It may be bad for the game in the short term, but long term the game becomes more secure. If these god mode and invincible Zentorno glitches hadn't hit youtube, and if the current set of mod menus had not been so accessible, then these problems would have simply been latent, waiting to be exploited at some point in time. At least, if the next patch addresses it, the game is stronger and just a little bit more secure. Every game is going to have modders and glitchers pushing things to the limit, the measure of a good company is in how well they respond to these exploits.

Also, it may be that a lot of the rampant glitching and modding is occurring simply because Rockstar has not released a patch in so long. I think it is fair to say that they generally patch things we had no idea existed, as we see in the patch notes, and that even when they do not say so, they are combating and nullifying certain mods. Notice how besides the invincible Zentorno glitch, none of the other game breaking mods or glitches (I do not consider money glitches game breaking) really surfaced until a couple of weeks ago. Perhaps, while their monthly action had kept things in check before, their inaction has allowed these exploits to go viral in ways that we haven't seen in a long time. Perhaps this has been a time bomb, waiting to explode the past several months, and by updating every 28 days or so Rockstar disarmed the bomb just before it devastated.

It could go either way, honestly. Personally, I would have been happy if they just patched half of the mods and glitches, and released another patch 28 days later patching the other half. Sometimes I think it is better to just release something. Perfection can be an unrealistic aspiration.

• Like 1

1. When DLC is leaked by Dumbf*ckLive and other youtubers, it's possible that when Rockstar hear about the leaks, they can just delay the dlc which was possible to be released the Tuesday after, to whatever date they wanted to?

2. Think about it, Rockstar try hard to be silent about their dlcs and their games with the latest leak just saying "DLC pack" and I don't think they like it when youtubers leak the details, so they troll us by delaying the dlc, making us think that the dlc was fake.

3. What do you think?

Answers, in order of questions:

1. Yes.

2. An opinion, not a question or statement of fact.

3. I think eating good food, getting solid amounts of sleep, and reduced amounts of self-intimacy are important to being a healthy camper.

I hope my reply was helpful. ;)

This is so true.

The handling (bungling) of a not so recent support ticket is a prime example.

Briefly, a ticket was submitted, pointing out a gameplay flaw relating to erroneous stat recording/tracking, and after a canned response suggesting a remedy that had absolutely nothing to do with the issue presented, and after a series of unhelpful communiques, I finally was able to get my capture card functioning to record evidence of the issue per their request.

Then, they ask me for information that they already have, like my Social Club account username, which is odd, as we were actually communicating via SC, and all my information was listed in the responses to their queries. It then occurred to me that they were actually going to "remedy" the situation by "fixing" whatever erroneous stats my character had incurred in the video that I had recorded for them. I explained that this was not going to fix anything, as I simply created a new character for the specific purposes of capturing evidence, and that I had since deleted this character. I mean, seriously, that was the proposed remedy?

Then, get this, they close the friggin' support ticket (and marked it as "solved"), as I had not responded to their last message for some six days. (I was away.) I reopened the ticket immediately and received no word for probably a week or so.

Someone from a different department contacted me and informed me that the ticket would be forwarded to the proper department. Furthermore, they could not give me a time frame as to when this issue would be fixed, but they were going to go ahead and close the ticket, marking it as "solved."

They did apologize and thank me for my patience, however. So, there's that, I guess.

Kind of related, I checked the analytics on the support ticket video I had submitted to them and found out that, quite possibly, their support team in Singapore was handling this issue, as they were the only other country (other than the U.S.) listed as having viewed the video.

Sorry, for the long post.

Can't even remember what this was about.

• Like 3

Killzone3265

they dont care if a simple pack of reskinned clothes + a few vehicles gets leaked

its probably being held back due to the sh*t thats been popping up in the last few days, example, rape mod

If people are so desperate for updates, just delete all current updates and install them again for your update fix. Oh and yeah, another update moan thread. Wooo!

Domisg4y is a f4g

Don't forget to like this post, it really helps me out. And if you haven't subscribed make sure to smack that button just how i smack my weener which doesnt work too well since my man hood has shrivelled due to not havung a proper job.

Edited by sSphInXx
  • Like 2

Turkey Shenanigans

Dom is a f*cking hypocrite. He posts videos how to glitch and cheat then, if I remember correctly, SugarFreeNOS did a money glitch and Dom called him out. He and all the other glitch-posting Youtubers are ruining GTA. They show how to glitch then wonder why updates were delayed...

Edited by TurkeyShenanigans
  • Like 5