Should R* increase payouts since vehicles an ammo is so expensive

W1NG NUT 93

Please check an answer below  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No (Explain answer in comments if you wish)

• Yes
    • No

If there is a thread about this already please link it below and I will delete everything here.

Maya Echo Visari

'Because I just love expending ammo for a mission provided by Gerald, Lamar or Simeon (whom make up for a good portion of Online's contact missions) and have me pay more money for my ammo bills than what the mission actually pays.

I can rob a store and get away with it in under a minute, and I have at most $1,300.

But why am I playing a mission that takes 5 to 10 minutes to complete and only pays $750?

Some of the missions need a bump in the payout.. A lot of the missions need bumps in the payout, actually. I don't think we'll ever see any payout boosts, but they could at the very least find it in their hearts to be considerate to those who don't have the time, and don't have the money to buy cash cards, to throw in some more of those goddamn double cash weekends, where every job's payout is doubled like the weekend before the Highlife Update was released. People actually joined missions, people actually accepted invites.. People actually worked together.. It was like Christmas.

Like I mean, Red Dead Redemption must've had an EXP event every weekend, what's the deal?

Edited by SevDoggX
  • Like 1

The online economy and update content todate has all been designed for cash card sales. The grinders will grind but many will purchase cash cards to deal with the low pay high cost economy, the i want it now impulse, and or limited time to play the game.

All of the current missions need a pay boost of $10,000 added to the current mission payout. Such an increase would be like adding a lot of new missions as players may start playing all of those low play missions that no one plays now because of the low pay.

Edited by jazzbone

no I have a buzzard and don't waste ammo on them it's simple buy a buzzard and do them

Maya Echo Visari

no I have a buzzard and don't waste ammo on them it's simple buy a buzzard and do them

'Pretty sure if the guy's complaining about ammo bills and mission payouts he doesn't have the money to 'simply just buy a Buzzard'

You might be okay with spending 1.75 million dollars on a Buzzard, but I don't think I should be forced to buy one to make grinding missions easier. That's bullsh*t, and it's bad game design.

I don't want to buy a Buzzard. I want to trick out my whips, but since a paintjob costs $25,000 on a $3,000 vehicle it's a little difficult.

Edited by SevDoggX
  • Like 1

Yes but they won't. They should make the payouts dynamic or something at least so that people don't grind the same handful of missions over and over. And competitive modes should pay more to winners

• Like 1

"I have an asset that is virtually unreachable to the rest of the playerbase and it makes the game easier for me. No, the obstacle should not be nerfed."

I know I'm projecting, but this is how I digested what you just said.

Anyways, yes, payouts should be increased. Players don't have the time in the day to make that kind of money, nor do they have the patience. As fun as playing the exact same mission a hundred times over in a day is, it's more exciting to go ahead and reap the reward and have an entertaining gaming experience, as games are meant to serve that function. Which is what Rockstar, as a gaming company, is failing to provide.

If I haven't said it a million times, let me say it again, grinding doesn't make for an appealing aspect of this game. MMOs are more suited for that kind of core mechanic.

And they know they're kicking the playerbase, as well:

1. Disabling the replay feature so you have to back out and re-host after a contact mission

2. Restricting contact missions from being in playlists

3. Lengthening Rooftop Rumble and Coveted for "not being "fun" enough", yet not increasing the payout

If GTA: Online was playtested at all, they should've found out that the payouts are abysmal in proportion to the costs of everything else in the economy.

Then again, if it was playtested at all, they would have found out how buggy it was in the first place.

Of course, cash card conspiracy.

Edited by igotskiz
  • Like 2

Gucci Flip Flops

THEY SHOULD LOWER THE PRICES DOWN ON CAR PARTS LIKE TRANSMISSIONS AND ENGINE FOR SUPER CARS, SPORTS, MUSCLES, SPORTS CLASSICS. IT WOULD MAKE LIFE MUCH EASIER.

I would hope so, but basically they are like a mobile gaming service ;) You can get stuff but not as easily if you purchase it with your own money,.

Most missions I just use the heavy pistol. 2 shots and even hard npcs are dead. It's more accurate to shoot a couple bursts than to sweep an area with supression. I see all too many times the spray and pray method from behind cover. If you are spending sh*t tons on ammo, try it out.

Edited by RajunKjun

Maya Echo Visari

Most missions I just use the heavy pistol. 2 shots and even hard npcs are dead. It's more accurate to shoot a couple bursts than to sweep an area with supression. I see all too many times the spray and pray method from behind cover. If you are spending sh*t tons on ammo, try it out.

I'm not trying to attack your logic, but I just want to ask you if you think having to use a pistol to conserve ammunition (thus putting you at a disadvantage) when you're given tons of spray and pray weapons is something appropriate in a game such as GTA. A game where cash is essentially king.

Normally players have to worry about getting lucky-popped by an NPC's smg burst, but now players have to worry about whether the mission is going to be even worth the effort because they're using an assault rifle, and not a pistol.

Yes, pistols can be fun. But I like using assault rifles and I like using the heavy weapons like the minigun and RPG. They're fun to use, but I use them the least because they cost so much to rearm at the lobby menus, (and even more at the gunshop)

It does add an interesting element of difficulty, but at the same time, it is rather annoying being forced to use something that increases the odds against your favor just so that your payout will actually matter in the longrun (by little). There's no fun in worrying about the payout. It's also not fun being outgunned with how accurate the AI is.

When I play new contact mission in GTA, my first thought shouldn't be "I hope this pays a lot." My first thought should be: "I hope this is fun."

But unfortunately, given the low payouts and little distinction between the missions, I think neither of these anyway because the game isn't appropriate for non microtransaction consumers, like myself.

I just thought my $60.00 was enough.

• Like 2

I see what you are saying. There are times that you may need to break out heavier calibers. I am not GTA poor so I use whatever whenever. Just a suggestion to the peasants. Heavy pistol is effing awesome to use on missions though. Not for free roam. I hope we get a magnum .44 revolver at sometime.

Edited by RajunKjun
  • Like 1

Maya Echo Visari

I see what you are saying. There are times that you may need to break out heavier calibers. I am not GTA poor so I use whatever whenever. Just a suggestion to the peasants. Heavy pistol is effing awesome to use on missions though. Not for free roam. I hope we get a magnum .44 revolver at sometime.

I'm in the same boat buddy. I'm willing to give the Collector's Edition buyers time to enjoy their wonderful exclusivities, but damn it, I want that Carbon RS and Pistol .50.

I'm generally quite conservative with ammo so that isn't a hug concern, it's the weapon attachments and vehicle customization which is ridiculous. $9k for a supressor and $13k for a paintjob is ridiculous when missions like Trash Talk which are unlocked at lvl 81, only pay $15k.

I really don't see the problem I don't do the same mission over and over and I seem to make 100+k every time I play

Welcome to what imo is the downfall of the title. Exorbitant prices and paltry payouts, to force the consumer to pay extra real cash for what is essentially worthless.

You can thank gamers in general, for allowing the model to flourish. Pre orders, DLC's in place of promised content, Betas released as full games. Its also why cheaters and cheating in general have become so common place, I see people around here always whining about people hacking/glitching funds, yet those same people respond in threads like this with complaints of unfair practice by the company. I dunno if the ethics come from fear of being banned or legit moral compass, but gamers need to remember that this is NOT real. You paid REAL money for the game and it wasnt cheap! Yet you are willing and even eager to accept getting shafted for the sake of a video game. Which will only teach you to be a sucker in the real world.

Dont accept a kick in the balls. Get what you paid for, without having to work for it. If you have spent 20 days grinding, thats work. I dont play games to work, why do you?

How much are you spending on ammo, that this is a concern?

Most low level mission have enemies with low level weapons and health, so going in with sticky bombs, grenades and RPGs is usually overkill. There is nothing wrong with overkill, mind you, but it can get costly. No Hay Bronca, could be done with grenades and sticky bombs, but they provide you with a gas can. That gas can is meant for destroying the cars in a cheap-as-free way. Pistol, Shotgun and SMG ammo can be free, in low level missions, since the enemies drop pistols, shotguns and SMGs. What they don't drop is Assault rifles, so you'd be losing money for ammo if you're using an Assault rifle.

Some missions provide grenades, some provide sticky bombs. I haven't seen one yet that provides RPGs or Grenade launchers.

Feel free to play the game however you want, but if you don't want to pay for ammo, there are ways you don't have to. (I'm not talking about glitching or cheating) See what they're dropping, use what they are dropping. See what items appear on the map, use them.

Missions that pay $750 are level 5-6 and are either Gerald missions or Simeon missions. Most of Gerald's missions are low level, low paying jobs to get your feet wet, you're not going to need to come heavy. Simeon missions usually involve stealing/blowing up cars. Simeon is not a violent man and he doesn't expect you should encounter too much resistance. Most of his missions are also low level, low paying. Each of the Blow Up missions can be completed with a single explosion, if you move the cars close to each other. Stealing cars shouldn't require a ton of ammo either, a few well placed shots and the cars are yours.

Well if the question is "should they," then yes, of course they should. But if you think realistically, they wont. DLCs and add-ons on GTA online are free, unlike other games where they are requested that we pay for them. In order for Rockstar to continue to generate money they developed the the cash cards. Making this overpriced, like they are, makes their idea of making money a success. Idk if someone said this already but I thought I would elaborate more.

Just wait till you have to buy new dlc items with gold coins which can't be earn ed in game. You have to exchange cash for gold over the network store.

The recent double RP weekend without also double pay says it all. Faster leveling is great but RP will not buy us anything.

I'm trying to get a Buzzard, and I need to grind Rooftop Rumble 93.3 times, not counting spent ammo. LOL

Only simple way is to buy 2 shark cards. $40 just to get an animated heli seems a bit much. LOL

Increased payouts would be nice, but I don't think it will ever happen.

Edited by *Lola

As others have said, they should but they won't.

RR with an auto shotty, 400 dollars spent. It's boring and a grind but what can you do, spend real money for virtual money? No thanks.

I bought a buzzard and it makes some missions really easy, but I made and still make more money on RR with a shotgun and a fast car.

As others have said, they should but they won't.

RR with an auto shotty, 400 dollars spent. It's boring and a grind but what can you do, spend real money for virtual money? No thanks.

I bought a buzzard and it makes some missions really easy, but I made and still make more money on RR with a shotgun and a fast car.

I'm using a stock powered Sultan as my 50 race wins need done, and it's taking about $1500 - $1700 in ammo each RR. I do save on armor each time as most times I don't get shot.

Who are the 9 dumbasses who voted 'no'? Really, I bet they are the same people who complain when someone suggests good DLC ideas.

I voted no. Since I have been running around in free roam shootouts and doing missions since the July fourth update, and raised my bank account from three million to six.