2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Is the Banshee really that slow?

Giantsgiants

Giantsgiants

So I was watching Broughy1322's car test videos, and according to the below video, the Banshee is slower than the Fusilade.

When the I'm Not A Hipster Update came out, he tested the Buffalo S and got a time faster than the Banshee's.

So, is the Banshee really that slow? Or does the Banshee actually beat the Fusilade and Buffalo S? I find it hard to believe that a high end sports car is slower than two lower-tier non-premium sports cars.

Furry_Monkey

I find that very hard to believe. The Banshee may not be the fastest car there, but it's *fast*! Broughy1322 must have lost a race to one :p

I could believe the buffalo being competition to the Banshee, but certainly not the Fusilade.

Edited by Keegeroo
  • Like 3

AboveAndBeyoncé

lol the banshee is ok its somewhat competitive in a way but it can't compete with high class sports cars unless there's a sh*tty driver behind the wheel.

Edited by Marc30499

The Banshee is a GTA classic.

Fully Maxed out, the Banshee is pretty damn fast. Almost as fast as the Coquette.

HipHopMagician

I love the Banshee, it's a really good car. It just spins out really easily. But I doubt a Fusilade or Buffalo S could beat it. It depends on the driver. Some people just are better with a certain car. I'd like to think I'm really good with a Banshee, because I could stay in front of Entity's if we're racing. I've raced super cars with my Banshee, and done pretty well, so I don't think it's slow what so ever

I haven't tested it scientifically but the Banshee is a fast car, it almost literally flies across the road. I don't personally believe that the Fusillade is faster in either top speed or acceleration.

In fact to claim that the Fusillade is faster sounds like the dribblings of a madman.

Darth_Zannah

Boo. I refuse to believe in this blasphemy! Don't listen to them Banshee. /earmuffs

0_0.jpg

• Like 9

Jolly Swagman

Maybe the Fullisade and Buffalo just suit the testers driving style more than the banshee? One guy doing some test laps in different cars doesn't prove sh*t. All it shows are which cars are better suited to their driving style.

Edited by Jolly SWAGman

The traction of the Banshee really let's it down on race tracks. I play and talk with Broughy somewhat frequently and can attest to his skills, but his tests aren't gospel. You can always test and compare your lap times as well.

• Like 1

AceThaCreator

Its got amazing acceleration and is built for drifting but in straight aways i don't that this car can hang with the big three(Massacro,Elergy,Carbonizzare)

The Banshee becomes the fastest car in the game if you do the trick in the video LeopardGecko posted above.

The traction of the Banshee really let's it down on race tracks. I play and talk with Broughy somewhat frequently and can attest to his skills, but his tests aren't gospel. You can always test and compare your lap times as well.

Wouldn't it make more sense to do the tests with fully upgraded cars, realistically those are the cars that get used in races not the stock versions. It's very rare that I'm in a non custom race.

Wouldn't it make more sense to do the tests with fully upgraded cars, realistically those are the cars that get used in races not the stock versions. It's very rare that I'm in a non custom race.

Since each car receives the same boost from upgrades when it comes to brakes and acceleration, stock tests act as a base for decision. Now cars get traction from spoilers and Broughy has plans to test every single car in the game fully upgraded.

I used to own a Banshee and it has really nice acceleration but low top end.

I haven't watched the videos but it wouldn't surprise me if the Fusilade and the Buffalo S had higher top speeds, but I reckon they wouldn't be much higher, and it would take a lot longer to get to that speed than a Banshee.

I call bullsh*t, my friend says the topless banshee is worse than the hardtop and I've STILL managed to outrun Zentorno pursuits sometimes.

The Banshee might have been the fastest car in GTA 3 (I think), its gone downhill since. Wouldn't bother with it personally.

Jolly Swagman

I call bullsh*t, my friend says the topless banshee is worse than the hardtop and I've STILL managed to outrun Zentorno pursuits sometimes.

The hard top and roofless are exactly the same. The only roofless model that is different than its hardtop counterpart is the Felon GT vs felon but then again that's more of an entire different car with the GT being a two door vs four door felon

Since each car receives the same boost from upgrades when it comes to brakes and acceleration, stock tests act as a base for decision. Now cars get traction from spoilers and Broughy has plans to test every single car in the game fully upgraded.

I can see the logic there of course but my brain just won't allow me to believe that a fully upgraded Banshee is slower than a Fusilade. I've driven both and as far as I'm concerned there's a significant difference. I just don't buy that, regardless of spoilers or whatever.

• Like 2

Who cares, with the second boost, its looks and sound I really don't care it has earned a place in my garage, next to my fusillade 😜

Next car meet drag race I will test it for you as there are a lot of banshees to smoke in my FM fusillade

Edited by iProGam3r

ck the game data there's only one entry for the Banshee, Swagman is correct, there are 2 entries for the Felon. Same Max V but slightly different mass, drag, etc....

The hard top and roofless are exactly the same. The only roofless model that is different than its hardtop counterpart is the Felon GT vs felon but then again that's more of an entire different car with the GT being a two door vs four door felon

Really? That's good to know. I think the topless Banshee is sexy and I don't plan on buying the hard top anytime soon.

• Like 1

Maybe the Fullisade and Buffalo just suit the testers driving style more than the banshee? One guy doing some test laps in different cars doesn't prove sh*t. All it shows are which cars are better suited to their driving style.

Couldn't be more true

The Amazing Warrener

A Viper should NOT be beat by a Chrysler. DAMN YOU ROCKSTAR.

It still is too sexy to not have though... so