GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Would you prefer Red Dead's style of choosing MP characters?

AdmiralAmmunation

Would you prefer Red Dead's style of choosing Multiplayer characters?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer Red Dead's style of choosing Multiplayer Characters?

• Yes
    • No

AdmiralAmmunation

So in Red Dead Redemption you chose MP characters from single player to play as rather than making one from scratch.

In Red Dead the groups to choose from ranged from Ranchers to outlaw gangs and marshals,even the US and Mexican Army. There were even DLCs included to bring in new characters from the previous game, Red Dead Revolver.

In GTA these groups could include things like hipsters, hillbillies, the different gangs (The Lost, Families, Ballas, Vagos, etc.), even the police/military and Merryweather. And we could have DLCs to get characters in from past GTAs.

I would prefer this system over GTA Online's current system because the NPCs have far more variation than the players do. All the players look so generic, while all the NPCs have a style to them that makes them stand out.

Edited by AdmiralAmmunation

Nah... I like being able to completely customize my character rather than choosing a preset. What I would like to see is them adding the pedestrian clothes as options rather than adding in 300 new suits and other goofy stuff that no one wears.

• Like 4

I like being able to customize my characters's outfits, even though I'm not a fan of the character creator itself, both my characters look alright to me. The only reason I would favor this system is being able to play as a female Lost member, that would be friggin' schweet.

38391_s.gif

AdmiralAmmunation

Nah... I like being able to completely customize my character rather than choosing a preset. What I would like to see is them adding the pedestrian clothes as options rather than adding in 300 new suits and other goofy stuff that no one wears.

You can't really 'completely customize' your character when all have to choose from is suits or the same tshirt and hoodie in a ton of different colors.

Honestly? Nah, I would prefer what we have now over that. It would be way too limited if we could only pick about 8 different character models from 10 or so categories, and there would obviously be some overused character models because the majority of them would be unappealing.

Nope, gives it more of a chance of not running into a clone of yours, and it's actually YOUR character and not "insert old protagonist/pedestrian here"

948185.png

AdmiralAmmunation

Honestly? Nah, I would prefer what we have now over that. It would be way too limited if we could only pick about 8 different character models from 10 or so categories, and there would obviously be some overused character models because the majority of them would be unappealing.

People wear the same clothing all the time, and you have like 8 categories of tops that all look the same because they're just different colors.

Id just lije to have the option to use npc body types as part of the customisation

The heritage system isnt the best, but when you spend a bit of tine with it you can tweak a good character, which is better than a geberic preset... But havin the option to use NPC body types would be ve awesome, theres clearly varying heights of npcs and varied body shapes and their models are already in game

• Like 3

I side with OP here. I actually found a simple preset to be more... well, simple. Red Dead's gangs and factions were cool. Sure having your own custom character is cool and all, but they're really not different in a broad sense. I've seen about 30+ clones of my character since I've been on this forum.

It happened in GTA IV, but in Red Dead? Not often. There were so many factions that it'd be an anomaly to see someone playing as "Misc Mexican Woman 3" or "Harvard Cootskey".

• Like 1

GTA Forums User99521

No I like having my own character.Just wish they didn't have messed up eyes and you could customise their body shape.

I side with OP here. I actually found a simple preset to be more... well, simple. Red Dead's gangs and factions were cool. Sure having your own custom character is cool and all, but they're really not different in a broad sense. I've seen about 30+ clones of my character since I've been on this forum.

It happened in GTA IV, but in Red Dead? Not often. There were so many factions that it'd be an anomaly to see someone playing as "Misc Mexican Woman 3" or "Harvard Cootskey".

There were like 5 John Marstons running around in every lobby though :sui:

• Like 3
38391_s.gif

AdmiralAmmunation

There's like 5 guys running around in the same suit in every lobby, too.

Same suit =/= Same character

That's two whole different things, dude :p

38391_s.gif

AdmiralAmmunation

Same suit =/= Same character

That's two whole different things, dude :p

Besides either being black or white there's really no difference besides clothing.

Not A Nice Person

OP's acting like everyone wears the same thing constantly, It's not that bad.

I'm guessing everyone gets lazy with the customization and then complains when everyone looks the same. It sucks but atleast try to make the best out of it

Pg7Txhi.gif

A Maned Wolf

John martson AND Red harlow in my case

Seems I was the only one playing as the Colonel

We'd see a whole bunch of Franklins, Michaels, and Trevors running around...

And god forbid they add altruists into the bunch...*shivers*

AdmiralAmmunation

I'm guessing everyone gets lazy with the customization and then complains when everyone looks the same. It sucks but atleast try to make the best out of it

I spent so long trying. I did my best but everything still looks generic. At least the NPCs have a style to them.

Trust me, I tried to make the best out of it.

CarimboHanky

presets? naaa!!!

they just need to add more stuff to the character creator, the options are too limited, the parents thing is stupid.

add more options, face, shapes, heights, for the love of god add body shapes<-- this alone would make a huge difference. npcs are different with different skin tones, heigh and shapes, i dont see why all of our character have a generic body type.

Edited by CarimboHanky
  • Like 2

PoeticWhisper

No thanks. But I'll take RDR's shooting and blood mechanics in a heartbeat.

Atomic Twilight

I wouldn't mind if the game started with the character selector then allowed you to change your clothes. A best of both worlds scenario. Just don't add any characters from the story for obvious reasons as to not see 10 different Treavors shooting up each other in the street.

Maybe applying the NPC type to the type of character you wanted to play would work; say you wanted to play as a biker character or a PMC character, they could start you out with a pre-set that you could then customise in the way you can with the heritage system. That way you can start GTAO with a more personalised character, rather than some scrawny, generic munchkin getting off a plane.

Not A Nice Person

I spent so long trying. I did my best but everything still looks generic. At least the NPCs have a style to them.

Then if R* made presets half of them would be ugly as hell so everyone would look the EXACT same.

They should just make a better character creator and give us NPC stuff.

Maybe applying the NPC type to the type of character you wanted to play would work; say you wanted to play as a biker character or a PMC character, they could start you out with a pre-set that you could then customise in the way you can with the heritage system. That way you can start GTAO with a more personalised character, rather than some scrawny, generic munchkin getting off a plane.

Or let us choose sliders or different noses.
  • Like 1

Pg7Txhi.gif

Then if R* made presets half of them would be ugly as hell so everyone would look the EXACT same.

Or let us choose sliders or different noses.

Aye, would definitely be more preferable.

AdmiralAmmunation

Or let us choose sliders or different noses.They don't need to make presets, they are already in the game.

My point is thsy I don't see R* adding NPC clothing, they like retexturing too much.

Why not just let us play as the NPCS overall?

Edited by AdmiralAmmunation

Not A Nice Person

Or let us choose sliders or different noses.They don't need to make presets, they are already in the game.

My point is thsy I don't see R* adding NPC clothing, they like retexturing too much.

Why not just let us play as the NPCS overall?

Or let us choose to play as NPC or let us create our character. Forgot what game it was but it pleases us both.

Pg7Txhi.gif