2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Radar-less Lobbies

OurJud

I think radar-less lobbies would be great fun. Not knowing where other players are until you see their name floating abover their head would make for very tense gameplay in my opinion.

Yes, let me search for players in this huge ass map, so fun!

Not to mention the lack of NPCs because of the previous gen consoles, so fun x2!

Agreed. Playing with the radar off is a very fun experience. Having it as a lobby wide locked option would be great.

One time 3 friends and myself piled into a car and all turned our radar off, drove around for an hour or so. Tactically hiding from the police is an extremely intense experience when you aren't sure if they see you. Near the end of our expedition the sun was going down and we accidentally drove into a gang attack. Calmly strolling in and then getting shot at, having to bail and run for cover was very exhilerating! Allowing others to play in the same style without it just being a 'gentlemens agreement' would be really cool.

Yes, let me search for players in this huge ass map, so fun!

Not to mention the lack of NPCs because of the previous gen consoles, so fun x2!

Cutty Christmas

Great for roleplay or patrol. As long as there was still a player's list that confirmed you were not playing alone.

If the map in those lobbies would be just Los Santos, I would agree. Whole SA is too large.

JOEsAGGRESSIVE

this would be fun.

was this a feature in GTA IV or was that just how it appeared when modders were... modding

slippery slope

I'd definitely play it. 5* cop chases are intense with no minimap. You really don't realise how much you use it until it's gone

CarimboHanky

ill pass on this one.

maybe with more players per session but with the current 16 player cap, it would be far from fun.

i'd rather have IV's Blip Option(far) in which player blips would disappear once they get within a block from you, now that create some tense moments, knowing the player is near you!

I think gta 4 did it right with the near/far settings

having no blips at all would be boring with such a large map,

or they could use police scanners or something, so as soon as you attract police attention your general location is displayed on the map

• Like 1

this would be fun.

was this a feature in GTA IV or was that just how it appeared when modders were... modding

Removing the minimap wasn't one of the pre-game lobby options in GTA IV (maybe you could turn it off only for yourself through the start menu?), but you could choose to hide player blips (and it affected everyone in the session). The options in vanilla IV were "Show Blip -- On (default), Nearby (you will only see the blips of those near you), Far (you see the blips of those far away from you, but people who get too close to your blip will disappear from your minimap, and you will disappear from theirs), Shooting and Running (your blip only shows when sprinting and shooting a weapon).

TBoGT also added an "Off" option, I believe.

But I'd love for this to be added, great idea OP. It'd especially make for intense police chases, and the cops may seem a little less unrealistic if you didn't see their blips popping in and out on the minimap.

Edited by WinkingSkeever6

Black Terminator

I can admit this, I would want this to happen because us players needs a challenge in the lobbies. A challenge that will require actually skill and natural instincts to get through the lobby. So I support this cause.

• Like 3

It would certainly have its own list of pros and cons. Some of them being that you could spend hours upon hours searching for your opponents/other players, but that could also be fun trying to blend in with the AI civilians. I suppose a 'duck hunt' game-mode would seem more appropriate in this case.

It would certainly have its own list of pros and cons. Some of them being that you could spend hours upon hours searching for your opponents/other players, but that could also be fun trying to blend in with the AI civilians. I suppose a 'duck hunt' game-mode would seem more appropriate in this case.

I remember this indie game where one player was an assassin with a sniper and the other player was a guest at a party

the assassin had to kill the other player while the other player had to blend in and survive or make the assassin kill the wrong guy

something like this could be very cool, though it wouldn't work with our current player models

I'd be happy if stealth worked. Press stealth and your blip dissapears while you sneak around or use silenced weapons. (Would actually make silencers more useful as well)

But if run drive or make a noise with loud weapons or are wanted then your blip shows up.

This would make thing nmuch better. Players blip would still be visable most of the time as noone is goig to travel large distances at stealth speeds.

Could also prevent spawn killing or griefing as well is people have a chance to hit stealth and hide from tanks and crap.

Also quite like the idea of stealth parachute jumps... take a prop plane cut the engines so you glide silently over a rooftop sniper and stealthily parachute down to stab him in the neck. I can dream.

But stealth should work

You would never find anyone.

I can see people driving tanks and spamming the cannon just so other players can find them.

I don't want no radar. I need it for the freeroam missions.

I just want the other players not to be visible.

LambeauLeapHo

I can admit this, I would want this to happen because us players needs a challenge in the lobbies. A challenge that will require actually skill and natural instincts to get through the lobby. So I support this cause.

Gee the idiots in this thread.

OP meant off-BLIP mode option. Not a completely radar-less thing. We already got that somewhere in the settings.

I'd like to have it, when you press Down on the D-pad the player list will appear though, and the players' blips will appear on the main pause map. But if they got close to you, your blip and theirs disappear. Making Stealth ACTUALLY works.