GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

If GTA Maps were 40mins long (next-gen only)

Zito

If GTA Maps were 40mins long  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Simple Yes or No

if THE CREW can make 40min of traveling for one side of the map to the other online why can't Rockstar. Im talking about every GTA series in the GTAO world or more for the further future or possibly next-gen GTA games and + the idea of Online being like world of warcraft (with massive amounts of players in sessions, so that it doesn't seem so empty).

Here are some Gameplay videos enjoy and please no hate keep it civilized in here.

note

-40min traveling across the map (The Crew Idea)

-Online Multiplayer 50-100 (World of War Craft Idea)

-Rockstar-ized

sorry for my sloppy drawing i didn't want to spend to much time on this, for it is just a visual idea maybe you guys created something better or know of a better pic

121zm1j.jpg

LSl7smL.jpgCacvLGK.jpgzhstjpL.jpgzrTCM1q.jpggQT9oXA.jpgTBhpe88.jpgAQUzImr.jpg

xELXzCo.jpgFyhiK1p.jpg

Edited by Zito
  • Like 2

Pyramid_Head

It would surely add a cool factor to the game but it's not really possible considering a lot of mission have you crossing the entire map.

CrysisAverted

Because The Crew is just driving on roads, you dont get out of your car, inspect the smaller details, enter buildings, etc.

No.

Because the map already feels empty as it is with 16 players. Even if it was upped to 64 like Battlefield, it would still be bad.

No.

Because the map already feels empty as it is with 16 players. Even if it was upped to 64 like Battlefield, it would still be bad.

that true

but lets say rockstar adds a quick loading screen for every few cities you pass which loads up a new session ....so how lol

Edited by Zito
  • Like 2

don ovdi' island

Yeah huge map.. but at what expense? I'm not trying to hate but in the first 30 seconds i was shaking my head at the driving mechanic

• Like 2

It takes 40 minutes if you run from the docks to Paleto Bay.

• Like 2

No.

that true

but lets say rockstar adds a quick loading screen for every few cities you pass which loads up a new session ....so how lol

That would actually work, kinda like how Destiny works, really. Go into a public area and you'll sometimes be brought into the world of people you haven't seen before.

But we're talking a large scale map, and making that seamless might be a bit...difficult. But I'm no game developer :p

E: Also, what about friends? How would that work when you transition into an area and you want to stay with them?

Edited by Joekill95

I'm all for huge maps. I'm as much an advocate for GTAO map additions as everyone at Rockstar.

• Like 2

j4hhYw6.png

if they make it something like GTA:SA, which had 3 cities inside, each of them have their own character, I will be very happy with that

just adding more mountain or grass land means nothing,

even the map we have now, I thing it can allow like 60 people located / gang banging all over the place, when LS city itself can allow like 30 to 40

Edited by prestonchan

I'll always be hoping for a sand box game that is a recreation of the United States completely. It will never happen, but I would love to reek havoc in my hometown and the surrounding areas.

I'll always be hoping for a sand box game that is a recreation of the United States completely. It will never happen, but I would love to reek havoc in my hometown and the surrounding areas.

I've had this dream for a long time.

Imagine if the whole world was made, detail by detail. It would be the ultimate game...

Alas, it's probably not possible with today's technology. Maybe some day ;)

• Like 2

if THE CREW can make 40min of traveling for one side of the map to the other online why can't Rockstar. Here are some Gameplay videos enjoy and please not hate keep it civilized

Why is Las Vegas so high up north?

• Like 2

image.png

twitter // instagram // #KB43VER

Yeah, I guess that'd be fine, as long as the option to fast travel via a taxi (or bus, train, whatever...) is still available. I can imagine a great lack of detail in the map if they did do this idea, however.

I've had this dream for a long time.

Imagine if the whole world was made, detail by detail. It would be the ultimate game...

Alas, it's probably not possible with today's technology. Maybe some day ;)

It is possible, but it'd take so much time and money it wouldn't be worth it.

Not to mention the map would be out of date really quickly.

• Like 2

I would like it to be long enough so planes acctually make sense. Right now you use planes to fly in circles, but if they acctually served a purpose like flying from Los Santos to Liberty City that would be cool

AGiganticLlama

I think GTA V's map size is perfect honestly. Driving across takes a little bit of time, but isn't too big of a hassle. Flying across also takes a while, too. It's just right. Not to mention the wind farms and cool little locations scattered everywhere, too.

Ok people like the OP really need to learn stuff.

Games like Just Cause 2, TD (or whatever it is), and The Crew only have big maps because they're very undetailed and randomly generated terrain. GTA maps are made so every place feels unique and highly detailed. Rockstar wont make a GTA game with a map the size of these games because they care about the content.

Sure it will be fun and stuff, but not possible in a short amount of time...

In THE CREW you can't access every area on the map (probably) just the roads and some dirt roads, that means that it doesn't need many details, because you're racing and passing by fast...

In GTA however, you can acces EVERY spot on the map, wich requires ALOT more detail.

I'd write alot more about this, but I have to catch my flight back to Switzerland, peace out.

• Like 2

don ovdi' island

Sure it will be fun and stuff, but not possible in a short amount of time...

In THE CREW you can't access every area on the map (probably) just the roads and some dirt roads, that means that it doesn't need many details, because you're racing and passing by fast...

In GTA however, you can acces EVERY spot on the map, wich requires ALOT more detail.

I'd write alot more about this, but I have to catch my flight back to Switzerland, peace out.

All good points & be safe

• Like 3

To all the people against a larger map:

You are cretins. I'll bet your ancestors were also against electricity, thought color TV was "unnessacary" and that hand washing "takes too much time." Morons.

GET OVER 1 BILLION IN GTA ONLINE WITH THIS GLITCH

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Add me on Xbox: ZeeGTAForums and PS3: mtkgta420

The Continuing Adventures of Zeehttp://www.youtube.com/ZeeGTAForums

http://www.twitch.tv/zeegtaf

Deji is a coward.

BondageKitty

if THE CREW can make 40min of traveling for one side of the map to the other online why can't Rockstar. Here are some Gameplay videos enjoy and please not hate keep it civilized

Why is Las Vegas so high up north?Why does Florida look like a tumor?
  • Like 3

yCNdzif.gif1029527.pngsYr3sqP.gif

don ovdi' island

Why does Florida look like a tumor?

don't worry, according to a separate The Crew gameplay video Kenner is in downtown New Orleans.

CarimboHanky

if gtao map was so huge that would take 10 minutes from lsc to the docks that would only make us hate simeon even more!

all that time and effort and you only give me 9k for that car, FU simeons!!!

BondageKitty

The problem with game size is that it doesn't matter if you don't have anything in it. Many games strive to have bigger worlds when they are really shooting themselves on the foot. You just don't add a world and leave it at that. You have to flesh out the details, make that world believable, make every area different, give every area its explanation. It's a subject where quality always beats quantity. At the current state, The Crew only gives special details to city areas, everything else is just one long boring road. Might as well be a Cruis'n USA reboot. On a racing games that is acceptable but would you really want a sandbox action game that is 10% city, 40% empty plains and 50% long straight low traffic roads?

GTA-V-San-Andreas-Comparison-Map-570x760

1366064-ubwcz.jpg

1366065-xju7q.jpg

Edited by BondageKitty

yCNdzif.gif1029527.pngsYr3sqP.gif

GrandMaster Smith

Even just driving 5 miles across V's map can become tedious enough having to cross it multiple times. I'm all for more content but a 10+ minute drive would begin to feel like a chore after a short while.

• Like 2

It would be pretty cool. Maybe if they can optimize their primitive game engine so it's easier for artists and programmers, then I can see it happening.

Edited by XXCrimsonXX

Y'all never played Daggerfall...

On this note, the only modern game with a map as long or longer than the OPs desire is Minecraft, and that is only achieved using separate zones/blocks/chunks that load on demand. It has very undemanding graphics but even then see how much RAM it uses. Something like that with GTA just isn't feasible in the foreseeable future. Even if it was, no group of developers could do it.

However...

If such a game could utilize satellite imagery, or better yet have a feature where users could add their own areas (i.e gamers from New York design the in-game NY, etc).

I have no idea what I'm talking about. It's 12:50 in the morning and I'm drunk.

:beerhat::catloaf::lol::facedesk:

lol no clue i just notice that i think that would be a good question for those developers